It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Privacy On ATS Is Now Certified by TRUSTe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That's great and thanks a ton!

But Bill, you don't seem to be too happy with this seeing your new avatar, which seems to say: "Darn! Now what have I done?"

[edit on 21-8-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for all the information, and it's good to know that you're human.

Actually, I appreciate the fact that so little is kept on file here. And I applaud your efforts in keeping us (relatively) safe from snoopers of all sorts.

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Today I find that all of my U2U messages have been deleted.

And, I get this U2U concerning privacy.

Is there a correlation here ?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

thanks for clearing that up.

i'm sure most authorities if they really wanted to would be able to trace proxy jumps anyway (not everyone knows how to use a proxy). with more and more security cameras around each day in most countries it would become harder to really post/fax/ring/email etc anonymously.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE
Today I find that all of my U2U messages have been deleted.

And, I get this U2U concerning privacy.

That happened to me, too - only it was a week or so ago... What's up with the U2U's?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGE

Not at all... why would you think that way?

We had a very public melt-down of the old U2U storage system a few weeks back. Your old U2U's are still accessible (if they weren't corrupted, which all of mine were) in the member center.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
We had a very public melt-down of the old U2U storage system a few weeks back. Your old U2U's are still accessible (if they weren't corrupted, which all of mine were) in the member center.

i asked this question in the thread about the u2u's but it seems to have been overlooked last time i checked. what happened to the old outbox u2u's? perhaps some missing inbox u2us can be recovered from the other member who have the quoted replies in their outbox?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks SO!

It´s good to know ATS has her users´interests at heart.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Great news SO, thankyou for all you do!

Now, do I hear Vacation time for you?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
SO, I apologize. Just wondered.

I have since received an explanation from a Super Moderator and
yourself.
Much appreciated.

We do "really" appreciate all your work.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is very good news.......

As long as we don't have to give up personal liberties for this added security.....

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Nice! One less thing to give people to talk about. Awesome. I get sick and tired of ATS being accused of this and that....

Thank you very much , your faithful member, dg.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Being a legally registered Limited Liability Company, we would have no choice but to comply (after exhaustive protest) with any proper court order to supply user details.

However... we retain an amazingly small amount of user details.

1) We don't record or keep server traffic logs (user IP's are never associated with the content they view)

2) We only retain your email address to confirm registration (and if you delete it from your account settings... damn, we never saw it)

3) We record your IP address when you post as the only personally-identifiable piece of data that is associated with the content you create (however, we strongly suspect anyone with something damning would be using a proxy server)

So, "they" could ask for details on a user, but the reality is that the details we keep would most likely be useless.

Is there a 'buy the 3 Amigos a drink' fund? I for one would chip in to get the ATS team a few rounds of beers for certain.

Applause and grateful thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thanks Ats for doing this for us.

I love this site it has been my favorite for years.

You guys are awsome!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
never heard of truste before, but i checked it out a little bit, makes me feel a little better, thanks ATS, its appreciated.

peace

[edit on 21-8-2008 by pureevil81]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This move by yourselves is a gesture of care and regard for the members of ATS.

Thank you very much guys, excellent news.

Elf.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nice 1!

Thanx

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

thanks bill for looking out for us.
i appreciate that my e-mail address is not going to be shared with some others that might have hacking inclinations.
today is my 2nd day back with this computer after having its hard drive destroyed(june29-july7) by 1 of the hackers that visits amongst us here at ats.
i wish there was some way your guys could catch these vandals when they are here and up to no good.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So if the fed wanted information on someone because they thought he or she was a potential terrorist, they would be safe?

For instance, if I said I was going to blow up the Statue of Liberty tomorrow you would have my back?

Seriously, though, I try to be careful about what I post, but it's good to know there are extra safeguards in place.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
So if the fed wanted information on someone because they thought he or she was a potential terrorist, they would be safe?

For instance, if I said I was going to blow up the Statue of Liberty tomorrow you would have my back?

Seriously, though, I try to be careful about what I post, but it's good to know there are extra safeguards in place.

Not cool! It is with posts like the one you just made that we need the extra security of Truste...

Edit to say: I love your avatar though...

[edit on 21-8-2008 by antar]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join