It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Privacy On ATS Is Now Certified by TRUSTe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

For years we've been saying that the privacy of our members and users is important to us, and now, we've actually gone and put our money where our mouth is, and certified AboveTopSecret.com through TRUSTe, the largest independent organization certifying the privacy of users online.

After an extensive six-week audit of our website procedures, our operational strategies, research into any existing complaints, and slight additions to our already comprehensive Privacy Policy we have been certified as an organization that protects the privacy of our users on all available levels.

While this doesn't mean any change in our operation or site code (no changes were required after the audit), it does provide our users and members with an extra assurance that we are proactively aggressive in protecting your privacy while using our websites. Additionally, TRUSTe acts as an intermediary should any user believe their privacy was at risk, or, that we acted in a manner contrary to our Privacy Policy. Complaints of this nature can now be filed directly with TRUSTe Complaint Department and they will investigate submitted concerns.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Great news.

All though I never distrusted my favourite site not having my back.

All your hard work here is taken for granted but please know I (we) do so much appreciate it.

Rhain

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So would it be O.K. if I were to post my Social Security number in my next post?

SO, I as a member truly appreciate the amount of time, effort, and ingenuity you and your partners have put forth with ATS.

I've been around here a while and plan to stay.

Thanks for the comfort level.

Becker

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That's great!

I wasn't worried about it, but it's good to know.

Thank you for the extra effort and work to help us all feel safe here!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Great work there

But is this to cover up the fact your all really grays and nordics running things
and you can get our details anyway through mind control ?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

During the audit process, it was confirmed that all those involved in the ownership and management of ATS were indeed terrestrial humans.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Its great to know that youve got our backs now

keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Thank you for this. Even though I was not that concerned before I do appreciate this effort by you all to ensure that data that can be lifted from this site is not able to be lifted.

(um shouldnt you remind everyone that unregistered people can still read everything they type?)

Great job guys, this is just another reason why this is the best site on the internet

link   
Yay thanks bill and all. you guys rock.

link   
You guys went through a lot of work for this. Thank you. Relax, have a drink.

I suspect, as a community, we'll never completely shed some of our most paranoid tendencies, but this goes a long way to help!

Again thanks for everything.

link   
Well done. I think the most impressive thing about this addition is that an independent arbiter now fields privacy complaints that might be posed toward ATS. That takes real sand, and I appreciate the level of confidence ATS has in its own systems and policies.

Or, put another way, people that have nothing to hide, hide nothing. Good job.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
what would be the situation if a member came forward with some really, really damning or lid-blowing true information regarding some conspiracy or cover up etc? how does the privacy of the members hold up then? would you be willing to hand over their details to the asking authority or go to jail to protect your sources like some journalists?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Finally! My name is Elvis Aaron Presley, I shacked up with Diana Spencer after I was contacted by a shadow govt agency and asked to travel forward (long story) in time to pop JFK.

Well that is just one Mississippi mud pie off my soul

Seriously.. Thanx

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In truth i never thought ATS was "in with the government". Governments may check the website but in the end they check tons of websites every day. It's a shame the ATS admin had to go to these lengths to prove their position. However i'm grateful as i can now bookmark this thread and throw it at anyone who brings up the subject again.

link   
Im not so sure what this all means...

But if you can make sure that the Name TKainZero ONLY refers to me...

That would be cool...

This is something new to me...
Seems Realy REAL and legit...

link   
Thank you! That's very thoughtful and considerate. An "extra mile" sort of thing.

It is greatly appreciated!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by expatwhite

During the audit process, it was confirmed that all those involved in the ownership and management of ATS were indeed terrestrial humans.

Damn, thats at least 3 threads you have just ruined for me

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc
would you be willing to hand over their details to the asking authority...

Being a legally registered Limited Liability Company, we would have no choice but to comply (after exhaustive protest) with any proper court order to supply user details.

However... we retain an amazingly small amount of user details.

1) We don't record or keep server traffic logs (user IP's are never associated with the content they view)

2) We only retain your email address to confirm registration (and if you delete it from your account settings... damn, we never saw it)

3) We record your IP address when you post as the only personally-identifiable piece of data that is associated with the content you create (however, we strongly suspect anyone with something damning would be using a proxy server)

So, "they" could ask for details on a user, but the reality is that the details we keep would most likely be useless.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If anyone wanted to post something very sensitive then a proxy might not even be enough. The easiet way would be to visit your local cyber cafe i suppose, most of them won't keep their seucirty camera footage for any length of time.

It's a simple fact that if you want to release something online you can, and once it's out it's out. I don't know why people get so uptight over all the worry. In the past names of british spies have come out afterall. I'm not saying i support that just i mean it's easy to release something anonymously online.

Thanks to ATS for doing this survey, hopefully it'll save you some headaches and accusations.

Edit

BTW SO, you look serioulsy tired, maybe take a holiday? All the best.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Awesome news, though i'm sure that the technology exists to track ATS users anyway, regardless of security

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join