It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dentists 'pull out more teeth'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Dentists 'pull out more teeth'

news.bbc.co.uk

But Susie Sanderson, chair of the BDA's Executive Board, said there were still "significant problems".

"Those that are able to access care are confronted with a system that discourages modern, preventive care by placing targets, rather than patients, at its heart.

"The apparent change in treatment patterns is also of concern and requires further investigation so that the impact of the new contract is fully understood."

Shadow health minister Mike Penning added that over a million people
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.timesonline.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Shortage turns Britons into Do-It-Yourself dentists

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This trend could mean a lot of things. I would like to know if any one else here thinks it might be because the dentists are just trying to turn a faster quid? Just do the procedure that get you more money. I have experienced it. So it wont be the first time it has ever happened.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've experienced this mentality first-hand. I've had two fillings as a kid that I never needed.

Unfortunately because of my position, I can't sue for damages (I can't prove it, dentist responsible long out of business, etc..).

UK dentistry is a prime example of what happens when you mix medicine and money.

I haven't been to a dentist in over 10 years, and I'm fine. Nothing wrong with my teeth. I think I'm better for it.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

over ten years with out seeing a dentist, wow. I am glad you are fine though. I seem one regularly. I do trust the one that I go to. I unforchantly may have to change soon.
Also thanks for posting.

top topics

join