It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythbusters to Tackle Moon Hoax

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biscuit

Originally posted by Azrael75
reply to post by daz__

of course. how could anyone not congratulate mythbusters on successfully busting myths that no real skeptic would care about anyway. the set out to bust myths and they did. bravo, they should be commended on a job well done. now if they had tackled the real evidence, that would be really special.

how about the footage of them faking their distance from the moon while still in earth orbit 3 days out on the mission. not only does it prove that they were willing, capable, and DID fake footage to change appearances, it also proves that 3 days out, they were still no closer to the moon than they had been since getting into orbit.

that is for starters ok.
What, please, is the real evidence?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
The "rooster tail" of the boat.. that trajectory looks like an ARC to me. I have seen the rover rooster tail before and yes it look peculiar or different. Down here in the south, we race ATVs... so I know how dirt flies. Do you by chance have the URL/link to the footage you are referring too? Any simulator you have would need to be able to tweek gravity and atmosphere to yield anything conclusive along these lines. If you have a link, please post it. Thanks.

if you already saw the footage and know what you saw, why would you need a link? you saw it and it looks strange no? and i already did the simulator thing and the believers find any excuse they can, not to say it is wrong, but to say it is inconclusive for so many stupid reasons.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

luckily i never saw that show. i like mythbusters so i guess i just have to pick an episode per season to avoid in order to keep that going.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Azrael75

Well.. for starters.. If you believe there is some anomaly there, let's scrutinize it further. You don't even bother to watch the episode, yet you continue to post to this topic. Tell us Azreal75, how should a rooster tail behave on the moon? Draw us a picture, tell us why we should all believe your assertion. To be quite honest, I have no idea what trying to say.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well.. for starters.. If you believe there is some anomaly there, let's scrutinize it further. You don't even bother to watch the episode, yet you continue to post to this topic. Tell us Azreal75, how should a rooster tail behave on the moon? Draw us a picture, tell us why we should all believe your assertion. To be quite honest, I have no idea what trying to say.

have a problem addressing the faked footage that i just spoke of?

we already covered that there would be NO rooster tail on the moon, only a perfect arc of dust. that has been covered. why are you ignoring the evidence i was asked to mention? i wont watch the episode because i am so let down that they did not really even try. they completely ignored real evidence like that which i previously stated. they just ignored it like you are.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

luckily i never saw that show. i like mythbusters so i guess i just have to pick an episode per season to avoid in order to keep that going.

Let there be light!

It's practically an advertisement for VeriChip (aka "Digital Angel") - www.digitalangel.com...

check the tagline:

GPS and RFID products are utilized around the world to save lives, ensure the safety of our food supply, reunite loved ones and improve the quality of life.

now replace "reuinite loved ones" with "government hunts your ass down and finds you," and you get the picture I'm seeing. It sure as hell ain't "cool!" like the MythPushers seem to imply.

[edit on 29-8-2008 by scientist]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

no Kari nooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   

have a problem addressing the faked footage that i just spoke of?

we already covered that there would be NO rooster tail on the moon, only a perfect arc of dust. that has been covered. why are you ignoring the evidence i was asked to mention? i wont watch the episode because i am so let down that they did not really even try. they completely ignored real evidence like that which i previously stated. they just ignored it like you are.

What footage are you speaking of? What evidence have you contributed to this thread? Isn't an "arc of dust" a rooster tail? Why would it be a "perfect" arc? You said you had a simulator.. If you got some simulator data/screen shots or whatever, start another thread and share this revealing info. If you want to debunk something back it up with something tangible. Seriously, this thread was about the Mythbuster's episode, and you refuse to even watch it, so why keep trolling these waters. Start a new thread, and make your case.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

What footage are you speaking of? What evidence have you contributed to this thread? Isn't an "arc of dust" a rooster tail? Why would it be a "perfect" arc? You said you had a simulator.. If you got some simulator data/screen shots or whatever, start another thread and share this revealing info. If you want to debunk something back it up with something tangible. Seriously, this thread was about the Mythbuster's episode, and you refuse to even watch it, so why keep trolling these waters. Start a new thread, and make your case.

seriosuly? you never saw the footage i am speaking of????? you even consider debating the moon landing's validity and you have not even seen this footage? you do not know what a rooster tail is? does a rooster tail look like a perfect arc to you? no. it is called a rooster tail because of the shape the dust makes when it hits the atmosphere at the apex of its throw, thus not a perfect arc.

so you do not know what a rooster tail is or why that might not fit, and you never saw the footage in question, and yet you think you have anything to add to this discussion of mythbusters? well of course they would not debunk anything you do not have any knowledge of would they?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
USA never landed on the moon, the lunar landing was a fake , and its a proven fact ................................ that USA is a proven liar

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Myth busted

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Myth busted

i am not sure what that response is supposed to mean besides "yes, that is right, i have no idea what i am talking about so i totally bought this episode hook line and sinker!!!!"

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

seriosuly? you never saw the footage i am speaking of?????

Nope, If you could give us a youtube link or something tangible then I would be quite happy to discuss this further with you. Until then, I think we should remain on the topic of this thread which is Mythbusters tackling the moon hoax.

In all honesty, I cannot take anything you say about this topic seriously unless you first watch the subject matter at hand

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

well i will see what i can find. i do not know if it is on youtube.i have it on dvd. no less than 5 different dvds in fact. sorry i am not directly addressing the episode. i asked what they covered. i was informed. i laughed at what they covered and that discussion lead here. the very idea that anyone would even bother discussing any episode of ANY SHOW claiming to debunk moonlanding myths without first having some knowledge of the things i mentioned is more laughable than whether or not i addressed the show itself. what good is that episode to anyone that does not know alllllllllllllll the evidence that people believing it to be a hoax embrace?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

now replace "reuinite loved ones" with "government hunts your ass down and finds you," and you get the picture I'm seeing. It sure as hell ain't "cool!" like the MythPushers seem to imply.

Funny part at the end, when grants say we all ready on the governments watch list... I think we should just let this one go....

Off topic, but I dont think the government needs a RFID chip implant to hunt your ass down...

Thanks scientist... that was good for a chuckle.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
apollo 11 footage
[edit on 30-8-2008 by Azrael75]

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
and on topic, did the mythbusters cover how 1/8th inch thick aluminum managed to keep the astronauts from cooking in the van allen belts?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

In the words of Dr James Van Allen:

"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense." -- Dr. James Van Allen

Simply put, the astronauts did not spend enough time in the belt's influence as they passed through it to have any effect on them.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

you need to explain that to the shuttle astronauts who complain of the radiations effects in their safely sheilded shuttle well below the belts. and i would not trust that fox special any more than the mythbusters.

p.s. you did not acutally answer my question. the radiation is too strong for them to get anywhere near it. to assume that they were only in it a little while so it was ok is completely insane.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
pretty sneaky. you almost got me to forget that i posted that footage. care to comment on that?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join