Mythbusters to Tackle Moon Hoax

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Need to watch that, sounds like a good addition to the thoughts that we created it to win the space race against the Soviets during the Cold War.




posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666
 


Why? because the lunar soil weighs (lbs-force) significantly less due to the weaker gravitational force. Therefore assume that the soil ascent is propelled by the rover wheel, and its decent is gravity. I am not sure what you mean by hitting a wall? Which mission are you referring to and do you have some footage or link you are referring to?

Also, I would want to note... your message contains my name within
quotes of text edited by you. What's up with that? Not to be critical, but
the only part of quotation that is mine, is the first line.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
reply to post by badmedia
 


The moon's gravity is one-sixth that of the Earth's. Some people thing there is no gravity on the moon which is false. If there were no gravity, moon dust would float off into space. You will also see astronauts shuffling on their tip toes which is a pretty good indication their weight was significantly less on the moon. (despite the heavy suit) ; a man who weighs 180 lbs on Earth weighs only 30 lb on the Moon. You may have thought there were wires, but fact is.. he is significantly lighter. Make sense?

And those Rover rooster tails have a strange arc for the very same reason... this debris is super light-weight, but it will still fall back to the surface but at a slower rate than on earth.


The problem as someone else mentioned is that the particles don't follow that pattern. They go up, stop and fall back down. But unless there is an atmosphere on the moon, then the dust should fall at the same rate and the arc should be the same radius from start to finish. Instead they go up, stop and fall back down.

It is commonly known in physics that the weight of something does not at all matter in how fast it falls. All objects fall at the same speed. The reason 1 object might fall faster than another is due to the atmosphere and friction on the way down.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666
 


Thanks for editing that... Much appreciated.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

The problem as someone else mentioned is that the particles don't follow that pattern. They go up, stop and fall back down. But unless there is an atmosphere on the moon, then the dust should fall at the same rate and the arc should be the same radius from start to finish. Instead they go up, stop and fall back down.

It is commonly known in physics that the weight of something does not at all matter in how fast it falls. All objects fall at the same speed. The reason 1 object might fall faster than another is due to the atmosphere and friction on the way down.


I cannot tell you exactly how reduced gravity might effect flying soil, but let us bring your argument to earth. How do you suppose they accomplished this hoaxed effect here on this planet?

I am not sure where you took your physics course, but yes a feather falls slower than a brick. Weight certainly does have bearing on how fast an object falls, and all objects do NOT fall at the same speed.

The fact that is strange gravitational effects on the moon should be of no surprise. The real question is.. how would they do accomplish these effects if they were filmed in hollywood?



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
I cannot tell you exactly how reduced gravity might effect flying soil, but let us bring your argument to earth. How do you suppose they accomplished this hoaxed effect here on this planet?

I am not sure where you took your physics course, but yes a feather falls slower than a brick. Weight certainly does have bearing on how fast an object falls, and all objects do NOT fall at the same speed.

The fact that is strange gravitational effects on the moon should be of no surprise. The real question is.. how would they do accomplish these effects if they were filmed in hollywood?



The feather only falls slower than a brick because the feather is more affected by the friction in the atmosphere. Without an atmosphere, all objects will fall at the same rate, regardless of weight.

Here's more information on it.

www.physlink.com...



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

The feather only falls slower than a brick because the feather is more affected by the friction in the atmosphere. Without an atmosphere, all objects will fall at the same rate, regardless of weight.

Here's more information on it.

www.physlink.com...



Hello? Is your assertion that the lunar mission are a hoax predication on this information? So how might that effect be accomplished within our own atmosphere. Seriously the strange effect of the falling soil only support the that of the lunar environment, and not indicative of earth. This speculation is weak at best in comparison to the overwhelming evidence that the lunar missions are historical FACT. There are 2 things I want to bring to your attention. First there were two contractor groups who were responsible for mission communication based in Australia. Check out this link that describes includes testimony of the lunar spacecraft communication and telemetry . It specifically addresses the hoax theory.

In addition, I don't know if you are of aware that NASA is preparing to launch the LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) in the next few months which as part of it mission is to photograph all 6 lunar landing sites, as well as the debris lets behind by the Apollo missions. Now think logically about this... If NASA faked it, then why would they send a recon orbiter? To expose themselves? I think not.

Look, I am simply basing my belief that the lunar mission did occur as fact, based on scientific proof (real data) + testimony. I've done my homework the subject. Discover the truth. Deny Ignorance. This aint rense.com



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_
 


If you look, I already posted that I believe we have been to the moon and landed on it. I just think some of the footage is fake.

What I mentioned before is what would happen IF it was faked because what I mentioned about gravity is common knowledge. I learned that in the 7th grade. I'm really not sure what you find funny about not knowing one of the most basic laws of physics.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I hate to say it guys.

If the moon landing was faked, the Soviets definitely and maybe the chi coms would have disclosed it decades ago.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Even if they do prove it, people wont believe it until NASA says so.

The NASA acceptance is so deeply buried into the hearts of most Americans that nothing will ever challenge what they say.

Personally I would rate the honesty of the military agency NASA right up there with Donald Duck and Jack the Ripper.


They can't prove that it's fake, they could only prove that faking the landing is plausible...I for one believe that the moon landing was real, and the photos we have are real. Did they remove somethings from the photos? Maybe... Did they not release some of the photos at all? Maybe... but, as for us actually landing there, it would be absolutely moronic for us to fake such a thing. Russia knew we landed there, they had radio broadcast that they tapped into (with the moon being the source)... if they had a clue that we didn't land on the moon they would have called us out on it at the peak of the Cold War. Also, we knew someone else would go eventually, why would we fake something that we knew would see more light of the public eye eventually? It would be stupid.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by yellowcard]



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666
 


I remember when Discovery tried to kill "Taxi to the Darkside" by buying the rights and then refusing to air it.

On topic: There is no doubt that we went to the Moon in my opinion, and that everything we saw was real. I'd be more inclined to believe that we never stopped going back and forth than to believe that we have never been there at all.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
reply to post by re22666
 


Why? because the lunar soil weighs (lbs-force) significantly less due to the weaker gravitational force. Therefore assume that the soil ascent is propelled by the rover wheel, and its decent is gravity. I am not sure what you mean by hitting a wall? Which mission are you referring to and do you have some footage or link you are referring to?

Also, I would want to note... your message contains my name within
quotes of text edited by you. What's up with that? Not to be critical, but
the only part of quotation that is mine, is the first line.



with no atmosphere, the rate of descent is exactly the same as the rate of ascent. gravity and the weight of the material makes NO difference. the dust would fall at the exact same speed with which it rose. when something is thrown in the air at one speed, gravity does not regulate the speed on the way back down. no atmosphere = speed up is the same as speed down.

i do not have a clip or a link but i assume since you mentioned the rooster tails, you have seen them. watch any clip of the rover kicking up rooster tails. you see and arc of dust that turns into a soft cloud, that settles and spreads out, then slowly starts to fall again.

as i explained, there i no atmosphere. each and every particle of dust would rise and fall in a perfect arc. A PERFECT ARC. guess what a perfect arc looks like? NOT a rooster tail. not even a little. id like to know what physics book you got this out of that things can fall more slowly than they were thrown up in no atmosphere because of the strength of the gravity

p.s. i edited the quotes problem within 3 seconds of posting it and seeing the issue. have a little patience will you.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by re22666]

[edit on 8/21/2008 by re22666]



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
National Geographic Channel already laid a big dookie on this conspiracy during an episode of Is It Real? People who refuse to believe that we landed on the Moon should have their breeding rights revoked.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Some of you guys here kill me. You come to a site like this because you're looking for some truth in the world, and when you find the truth, you dismiss it as a hoax. Fact; we went to the moon and it was a remarkable seemingly impossible task, but some of you choose to believe we didn't, which in 1969 faking it would have been even more remarkable and impossible.

We went, be proud of it. Plus I read an article recently that we are going back to some of the landing sites to see what remains after 40 years. That should be interesting. But some will think that will be faked too I suppose.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
the only problem is that they still need to figure out just how to get people back to the moon. i mean that makes sense right? we went a bunch of times but now we do not know how to do it safely and are working on it.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil Genius
National Geographic Channel already laid a big dookie on this conspiracy during an episode of Is It Real? People who refuse to believe that we landed on the Moon should have their breeding rights revoked.


Yes, let's kill people for believing in things. True enlightenment right here. True compassion. I've heard this exact same remark before, and honestly, if ANYONE who thinks people who question the validity of what they are being told by the government should have their breeding rights removed... honestly, you would be a better candidate, since this is the type of attitude you are passing down to your kids, and we're gunna have a bunch of Eugenics supporters kissing the government's ass constantly and believing a bunch of lies... somewhat like uhhh a little place in Europe in the 30s and early 40s. It was charming there. Do you wanna go?

People SHOULD question things like this, because it's a big deal. We're entrusting our knowledge to people who would rather we didn't know. We can see this with simple warfare and politics, how deep the lies are. Why in God's name would they be telling the truth about Space? Governments of the past told people the world was flat and killed anyone who refuted that claim. It doesn't seem as though humanity has evolved very much. There's still war, lies, massive grabs for power.... Why wouldn't everything told to us about the Moon and Space be kind of like what our ancestors were told about the Earth? We can't go there. We're not allowed. So they can say anything they want, and scientists will say the same thing, because all the scientists of today were raised thinking of Space and the Moon much like we think of it. So even the scientists are probably working with outdated theories.

The only people who have ever been to the moon that we know of, the astronauts, rarely ever speak.... it seems as if they are under enormous pressure and strain (honestly I feel really bad for them. They aren't the bad goys) to shut the hell up.... WHY?

I think we definitely have been to the moon, and I'd say we know SOME truth... but not much. Like... if you said back in the middle ages that the Earth had an end. Yes, it definitely doesn't go on and on forever, but it's not flat to a point where you could fall off. I think that's the level of knowledge about the Moon and space that we are exposed to.

So... we definitely need to ask questions... and you, sir.... I wish you could go back and enjoy the comforts of Nazi Germany. You seem like you'd fit right in.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmortician
Some of you guys here kill me. You come to a site like this because you're looking for some truth in the world, and when you find the truth, you dismiss it as a hoax. Fact; we went to the moon and it was a remarkable seemingly impossible task, but some of you choose to believe we didn't, which in 1969 faking it would have been even more remarkable and impossible.

We went, be proud of it. Plus I read an article recently that we are going back to some of the landing sites to see what remains after 40 years. That should be interesting. But some will think that will be faked too I suppose.


Pride is mental trap. I didn't go the moon. I wouldn't be proud if I did. That's egotism, and it's a blinding trait to have. Pride is ignorance.

This is like saying "shut up and be patriotic because freedom is seemingly impossible in this world", and the USA is so great because we've managed to beat the rest of the world down enough to maintain our big fatass lardo corporately chained pseudo-freedom.

Maintain your pride. See how much it costs you. Knowledge of something bigger, better, and more important than your pride is the price you pay.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by re22666
 


If we stopped using cars today wnet back to horse and buggy, do you think there would be anyone who could run a NASCAR race in fifty years? It would take some work to re-introduce the technology I'm sure.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
all we will see is the light in the loafers dudes doing what they do best, taking the politically correct point of view. I hope they don't get too caught up in uranus while talking about the moon.





new topics
top topics
 
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join