It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there "special" types of mediation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I know of meditation as clearing the head of thought processes that are going on. I also know of meditation as prayer. However, some people on ATS tend to claim that meditation has the ability to enhance scientifically unknown abilities that we have. I'd like to hear opinions on what these abilities are, specifically, and what specific meditation techniques achieve them.

For example, I just read a post about someone who said they believe they hear "theta waves" because they meditate. I have to wonder what exactly they are doing during meditation!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I dont know about *special*...but one of the most interesting i think is the indian veda meditation...you should research that,pretty old too...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have a great website that has a list of meditative exercises ranging from beginner to advanced. I will warn you though the website is a Satanist website. The meditative exercises on the site are great with everything from opening chakras to communicating with spirits. If you're interested in checking it out send me a U2U as I don't like posting Satanism links publicly.

join