It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homework Help 8th Grade Math

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hi Friends,

Well, my son is now in pre Algebra (which leaves me in the dust) and will need homework help. This morning he laughed at me saying how I couldnt possibly help him with his homework this year and I pointed at the computer and said, "Oh I may not have the anwsers but I do have an entire network of people that are mathimeticians on ats!"

I told him I would start a thread where it is possible we can get homework problems solved within a matter of minutes.

Now I am not asking for anyone to do the work for him, just a back up on how he can find and solve the questions.

Jeff is very bright and he really wants to do good this year.

Is there anyone with good ideas or able to help from time to time?

I thankyou in advance.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Plenty of smart people around here to help out Antar. I wish I had this option back in the day.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hehehe...

I remeber having a similar conversation with my mum...

"Mum, im in calculus this year"

"Nice, i will help you..."

"HAHAHAHAH"-me....

So, i understand where your son is coming from... when you get stuck, and there is no one to turn to at home its a difficult spot...

There are places on the Internet that Help though...

Heres one

But a google search will have TONS of options...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Wow what a link! I saved to favorites already, just wait till Jeff gets home, another confimation that Mom dont mess around!

Also I agree Dr. Love, if I had had this even in my college days I could have drank alot more wine...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh also I was thinking I could probably go to the chat room and get instant anwsers too... Just another idea.

I have proudly said this before but Jeff has ranked top 89% nationwide in science, and with the great help I could get here he should be able to relax now.

Last night he freaked when the fridge door opened with a suction, the cottage cheese fell onto the scottie dog and flew all over the just cleaned hardwood floors... We started talking and I found out that his stress level to keep up the good grades was why he took it so hard rather than laughing it off.

Bless his heart he really is a good boy, and thinking Mom was of no use in this years math really had him worried.

Thankyou everyone, I know we can all relate on some level to Jeff's delema. Now can't wait for him to get home and find out what our ATS/BTS family has to say about Pre Algebra, HA no problem!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Its horrible the stress put on some kids...

Ive seen some people i know just lose it under the stress...

Total freakout-breakdown crying, drugs, prostitution... Everything...

Don't Push him to that...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hi antar. I'm going to watch this thread. I have an 8th grader as well, and she has always sturggled with math. My help couldn't go past the 6th grade, ug. We've had lots of tears and horrible memories of homework. It's been really hard and I think that this has caused some damage to her confidence. She's bright and beautiful, but math...forget it. And there's not been much help from the school district. She's always had tutors, but this year she wants to start out without one and see how she does. I'm guarded, but I'll certainly give her a chance.

So great thread, good luck to your son.

Rush

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Thanks rush, good to know I am not alone on this one.

I will look forward to seeing you around, best to you and your Daughter as well for a great year.

Jeff just got home and I have already told him about this and the link posted above so I came in to read the thread with him.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

tada! Pre-Algebra: A complete course study

I'm sure your boy will do fine. Seems you got lots of support on ATS.

Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and geometry are fun!

Math Analysis is where it starts to get a little tricky...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and geometry are fun!

Um, no it's not. :bnghd: hehe

That is a great site, Scramjet. I'm marking that one. I had not run across that one yet and it's seems like one of the easier ones to navigate. Thanks for posting it.

Rush

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Math! The ultimate enemy of me! Math always has a way of sneaking up on me when I least expect it and release tonns of toxic, dark and evil fumes upon me, as I lay on the floor squeling and crying for my life. And that's just comparing prices in ASDA.

Quit math 4 years ago, luckily. Good luck to Jeff!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Fergu]

new topics

top topics

join