It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Phones Hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It seems the Department of Homeland Security has some egg on its face courtesy of FEMA.

news.yahoo.com...

I realize, of course, that hacking is done as a way of obtaining information but I never knew something could be manipulated like this for the purpose of making calls. According to the article, the system that was hacked and the method used are several years old. How interesting as well that many of the calls were made to the Mideast.

It reminds me of a time many years ago when I was making a call from a pay phone and I had to give my calling card info. Someone obviously overheard me and I wound up with a $4,000 or $5,000 phone bill full of calls to Japan (no, I didn't have to pay for them). Though that's certainly not the same as having a phone system hacked, it also left me with egg on my face and taught me a valuable lesson about paying more attention to what is going on around me.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So when they stop me at the airport for being one of the millions of citizens on the Terror Watch List, I'm just going to blame it on those darn mischieveous hackers. Surely one of them must have put me on the list, right!?

DHS: Department of Hilarious Stupidity

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Funny that they knew of the exploit and yet there precious highly-paid private industry security folks couldn't protect them until after the damage was done.

DHS is a commercial exploit of the taxpayers. It exists to funnel money to the defense industry's back door. FEMA was reduced to a political tool, much like the FBI - they perform no function that does not serve the corporate party regime.

join