It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with all of the drug recall adds on TV??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This has been bugging me for awhile now.

Being a late night TV viewer, I always seem to see the ads for recalling bad prescription drugs.

Here are a few I got from doing a quick Google search;

Vioxx, Ephedra, Baycol, Lotromex and many, many, more.

The thing that bugs me is this.

Are these drugs rushed to the market in the hopes of being the next cash cow for the parent company??
Is the FDA so incompetent that it fail to do the proper drug trials?? Is the FDA on the take from the drug company's to let questionable drugs out to the public?

I guess that the thing that really corks me is that when a drug is deemed bad and gets recalled, the lawyers get the lion's share of the lawsuits and the clients get next to nothing. They set up there TV ads and get thousands of victims, do a little litigation and get most of the cash.

What a strange world we live in.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
No one else is bothered by this, it seems.

I guess it's just me.

Going to get more coffee now, be seeing you.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey, good thread! Yay for coffee!

Vioxx was never really tested long term. In fact, most drugs aren't tested long term before being approved by the FDA. Also, Merk, the company that developed Vioxx, conducts the studies that are reviewed by the FDA. Not very many independent studies are conducted.

Merk is also the company that developed the HPV vaccine and coincidentally, there were hardly any independent studies conducted. These vaccinations are seriously injuring 1000's of girls.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes what really sucks is when you are taking said medications then you see them on lawsuit ads on TV,or on the internet,I was having breathing problems on new patch Dr subscribed,looked on internet several fatalitys,so so for thats 5 I've been prescribed,but.. I'm still alive

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
yes i noticed that to it is very strange

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't take any prescription drugs.
I did have propanolol for occasional heart palpataions, but I became algergic to it. So now if when I go to bed and the heart is beating just a little to fast -- I turn on the rhythm section of my Electric Piano, turn it to 65 PBM and in about 15-20 minutes all is quiet.

It seems that in spite of alll these recalls the drug is still available.

I have to wonder why all these prescription drugs are poison. Some of the side effects are worse than the symptom they are supposed to treat.
You do know that they do not CURE anything, don't you?

Only anti-biotics, anti-fungals and anti-parasite drugs cure anything.
Some of them can be more or less deadly too tho.
Take Cipro for instance -- It can cause serious destruction of your tendons. Refuse it! It is just one of the most recent & therefore most expensive items. There are hundreds of alternatives.

new topics

top topics

join