It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway: Russia to freeze NATO military ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Norway: Russia to freeze NATO military ties

www.msnbc.msn.com

OSLO, Norway - Russia has informed Norway that it plans to suspend all military ties with NATO, Norway\'s Defense Ministry said Wednesday, a day after the military alliance urged Moscow to withdraw its forces from Georgia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is my first post so please let me know if ive messed up in any way.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

Welcome to ATS.

This is a very informative article that contains new information - so no, you haven't messed up at all, you're helping us keep track of events. (NB: Readers please note that it is easy to miss the continuation of the article below the advert.)

Many believe the current US administration is happy to demonize Russia rather than engage in meaningful diplomacy and so continue the detente that has been in place since the end of the Cold War. In this scenario Bin Laden is fading as a Bogeyman, so a return to The Evil Russian Empire suits them very nicely, thank you. Arms sales: up; fear mongering: up; bunker mentality: increased. Cue patriotism, nationalism and 'the nation is under mortal threat, requiring special measures and the restriction of traditional liberties'.

DEFCON 2 = 'You beauty!"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

Sorry but this subject has already been posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please use the search facility in future, just to make sure the topic has not been already posted.. Please pay attention! It is important that you read the rules and regulations of engagment to save yourself future embarrasment..

P.S: Do this again and ill send a ufo to come abduct your ass..

Kind regards

TRUTHER

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent

This is my first post so please let me know if ive messed up in any way.

www.msnbc.msn.com

Damn right you messed up!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Reply to Truther

I can't see the relevance of that thread at all.

What is more there's no need to be so harsh to a newbie.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Truther ive read the artical in which you say this story was taken but i fail to see any simularity between the two threads. Please get your facts straight before you comment on threads.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Reply to Truther

I can't see the relevance of that thread at all.

What is more there's no need to be so harsh to a newbie.

This is my brother, i know hes only new. I was yanking his chain.. HELLOOOOO!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Reply to Truther

You nigh-on killed the thread. (SPANK!)

Let's try and get back on topic. Is the reaction from Russia playing into the hands of the U.S. government?..

www.msnbc.msn.com...

(NB: Readers please note that it is easy to miss the continuation of the article below the advert.)

Many believe the current US administration is happy to demonize Russia rather than engage in meaningful diplomacy and so continue the detente that has been in place since the end of the Cold War. In this scenario Bin Laden is fading as a Bogeyman, so a return to The Evil Russian Empire suits them very nicely, thank you. Arms sales: up; fear mongering: up; bunker mentality: increased. Cue patriotism, nationalism and 'the nation is under mortal threat, requiring special measures and the restriction of traditional liberties'.

DEFCON 2 = 'You beauty!'

top topics

join