It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Brother (the forsaken)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am seriously having a hard time understanding why Obama has forsaken his own brother George Hussein Onyango Obama.

Regardless of his brother being half blood, with as liberal as Obama is, don't you think perhaps he could throw his brother a bone or two. Considering his Brother lives on a few bucks a day in Huruma? Obama only makes a mere 160k a year. Heck, I am sure he does quite well on the speech circuit, well over his pity 160k year Senate salary.

Lets be real here people, Liberals, want to use Conservative money to better the least man(s). What in the name of God am I missing?

Example 1: Lets create more programs that benefit the non working man.
Example 2: Lets create more public assistace progams to help the little man.
Example 3: Lets create even more programs that help the poor man.
Example 4: Lets create a boat load of programs that help the minority man.
Example 5: Lets create a comittee, so we can create, even more programs that help the under priveleged.

Take care and thanks for any replies,

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Stockburn]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Wait...Obama only makes 160k a year as Senator? My dad makes more than him?! ...are you sure?

Anyways, back to the topic. I personally don't see why Obama treats his brother like he does, maybe he doesn't see him as a full brother so therefore he is no brother at all, idk.

By the way, does this thread have two topics? One being about the way Obama treats his brother and the second being how Liberals use Conservatives money to better the lesser man.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
Wait...Obama only makes 160k a year as Senator? My dad makes more than him?! ...are you sure?

Not quite what I was after. When you are done with your peace corps activities and school, we can compare salaries. Hiding behind Daddy's money is not the way to go IMHO. I am willing to bet you 100 USD, your statements are false. If you can prove your Daddy makes 160k+ a year, I will send via paypal 100 USD to you.

By the way, does this thread have two topics? One being about the way Obama treats his brother and the second being how Liberals use Conservatives money to better the lesser man.

It was more or less a beer infused comment on how much I hate liberal ideas. Damn, I was supposed to hide that....not really.

Seriously, don't you see the irony in it? Obama won't even help his brother who lives in poverty yet lives and "squawks" about helping the unfortunate for change.

Take care,

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stockburn

Doesn't the day shift talk to the night shift?
Existing thred, one of many, here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's why ATS has the search feature.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Good call. Unfortunately half the time the search feature is not working.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Why don't you ask yourself this question. If your father was married to another woman when he married your mom and had kids by this woman would you feel obligated to help your brother from another mother. Family is not about blood like most people think. It's about the relationship that you have. I don't know anyone if they were in his shoes that would feel obligated to help. The fact that he doesn't have animosity against his father for deceiving his mom is a miracle in it's self.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Actually Obama has kept much of his family out of american politics, just like McCain does, and mccains kids are an example, we havnt seen them yet.

And by the way thats Obamas half brother, he hasnt been in contact with his fathers prior family because their just distant. Obama only met his half brother twice, once when he was six and the second time in 2006. His got relatives all over Kenya and visits them every few years or so.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a big deal, because Obama is supposedely for the poor, downtrodden people, and it appears that he can't even take care of his brother!

Obama made 4.2 MILLION dollars in 2007 (and a little under 1 MILLION the year before...search the net) and his brother lives in a one room shack smaller than my bedroom. How much did he give to charity? $240,370.00, and his brother received how much???

Since Obama is a self-proclaimed Christian, then these scriptures from the New Testament are maybe fitting:
1 John 4:20-21 : 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

On the other hand, maybe his brother and him don't speak, or his brother won't accept or doesn't want his money. Maybe Obama has offered it many times and he doesn't accept it. Maybe he receives money and it is all stuffed away in a bank account. Who knows. It is very interesting though to see the disparity in the standard of living between the two.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon123
This is a big deal, because Obama is supposedely for the poor, downtrodden people, and it appears that he can't even take care of his brother!

His half brother who Obama has only met twice in his life. Obamas father kept his relationship with his second familiy seperate from those of his first. Now his half brother has repeatly told reporters that he is not or has never been interested in any help from Obama. His already lashed out at Fox news and other conservative blogs for painting him as a charity case, his happy where he is and he wishes his brother best.

This thread is yet another propaganda attempt to move voters to the otherside and it is pathetic. Its when people drift away from the true issues of either candidate and gives into these smears that we find most of our politicians are corrupt.

Obama made 4.2 MILLION dollars in 2007 (and a little under 1 MILLION the year before...search the net) and his brother lives in a one room shack smaller than my bedroom.

McCains net worth is $25 to 38 million and thats not including his wife who is worth $100 million, this also doesnt include the houses he cant seem to count or his millionaire lobbyists.

Obamas and his half brother are distant and thats how its always been. His half brother has stated that he is sick and tired of been treated like a charity case by rightwing propagandists and is looking at making something of himself. Obama does not have to do anything.

Since Obama is a self-proclaimed Christian, then these scriptures from the New Testament are maybe fitting:
1 John 4:20-21 : 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Oh so now his christian when it suits you smears? As said above his brother does not want any assistance from relatives. His brother has stated that his happy where he is, his happy in Kenya with his family, he is sick to death of been treated like a charity case by rightwing propagandists whos only goal is to use this for political purposes.

If your going to use the word God then direct your attention to those lying scum in the GOP spreading these smears, stories for political purposes, hypocrite.

On the other hand, maybe his brother and him don't speak, or his brother won't accept or doesn't want his money. Maybe Obama has offered it many times and he doesn't accept it. Maybe he receives money and it is all stuffed away in a bank account. Who knows. It is very interesting though to see the disparity in the standard of living bet

There we go.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by southern_Guardian

I really, and I mean really like your avatar there sir. When you remember why that was significant, I think you may retract the above statement.

Take care,

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian

Actually Obama has kept much of his family out of american politics, just like McCain does, and mccains kids are an example, we havnt seen them yet.

And by the way thats Obamas half brother, he hasnt been in contact with his fathers prior family because their just distant. Obama only met his half brother twice, once when he was six and the second time in 2006. His got relatives all over Kenya and visits them every few years or so.
[edit on 22-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

Riiiight, Michelle certainly better keep out, that in of itself could be quite a guffaw. Oh wait she didn't. Us whiteys(sp?) [her own words] better steer clear.

You mean to tell me "you" think Obama hasn't actually tried to help his brother even tho he is half blood? If you do the math, I bet Obama went on hands and knees to help his brother who was to proud to accept a traitor's hand out. Obama is half US citizen, if you really think about it. Any self repsecting man would not vote for a non "pledge of allegiance", tire gauge cop, who doesn't even know what the 13 ammendment is. That my friend is quite sad.

Take care and good luck, and when McCain is potus let's shake hands anyway eh mate?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
I really, and I mean really like your avatar there sir.

Why thankyou
I mean its not just righties who carry the american flag and symbol, though I dont blame you for acting all surpised of such a patriotic liberal, I mean over the years the propaganda has programmed and conditioned you to think that way, just like "its unpatriotic not to support your government and its wrong doing". Your forgiven

When you remember why that was significant, I think you may retract the above statement.

Take care,

Ah yes liberty, the condition in which the individual has the ability to act according to his or her will. Why with righties trying to strip the rights of women away, or the religious nuts influencing the law of the land against the constitution, or being called unpatriotic for speaking out against the lies of the Bush administration. Righties have surely held the will of the founding fathers at heart.

I know what that symbol stands for and the republican party has certainly turned its back on her.

Riiiight, Michelle certainly better keep out, that in of itself could be quite a guffaw. Oh wait she didn't. Us whiteys(sp?) [her own words] better steer clear.

Oh your back so soon?

Can you please provide evidence as to whether she said that, I mean these days rightwingers will make all kinds of accusations meanwhile having nothing to back it up.... like the Iraq war. So uh get me the link to where she said that and we'll continue that particular argument.

You mean to tell me "you" think Obama hasn't actually tried to help his brother even tho he is half blood? If you do the math, I bet Obama went on hands and knees to help his brother who was to proud to accept a traitor's hand out.

His distant brother who he has only met twice in his life, somebody his not connected to for both families were kept seperate.

nz.youtube.com...
His brother never asked for help, his brother wants to help himself.

You and your shepards couldnt give a rats ass of how Obamas brother is treated, this is just a political stunt, and exploitation and exaggeration to push for more smears. I dont know whats more pathetic, rightie covering Bush and his cronies for their lies, or rightie twisting a story and acting as if he gives a damn about another african for the sake a political propaganda.

Obama is half US citizen, if you really think about it.

Nope, Barack Obama was born in the state of Hawaii USA, as confirmed by the proper state authorities. Thus far none of the righties out there have provided any evidence as to Obama being born in another nation. No state official or federal official has stated that Obama is a half citizen or born outside the nation. The only people claiming Obama is a half citizen are rightwing bloggers, media and authors, ya know? people who really cant be trusted with spreading any kind of truth, take 2003 and 2004 for example.

Back your little accusation up with the proper documentation or else theres really no case here

Any self repsecting man would not vote for a non "pledge of allegiance", tire gauge cop, who doesn't even know what the 13 ammendment is. That my friend is quite sad.

This is free country you know, freedom? What my avatar stands for! Obama loves this country, he doesnt have to prove anything by wearing a flag pin or standing and doing something in a certain way. This is the land of the free, something rightwingers clearly flip flop over. Some of the most corrupt people in washington today will stand up and wear a flag pin everywhere and people likeyourself will applaud them and ignore the lies they spread.

Your version of the self respected man is somebody who supports the Bush third term, after 8years of this BS.

Take care and good luck, and when McCain is potus let's shake hands anyway eh mate?

mate? Oh i wouldnt count my chickens before they hatch.. oh wait hold this has almost become a tradition for you fellas, "we're going to find WMDs in Iraq", "the economy is fine, the republicans are great economists, these years under bush will be great" " we will get Osama Bin Laden" and my favourite, "mission accomplised"

[edit on 26-8-2008 by southern_Guardian]

new topics

top topics

join