It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any room for humor in ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Phage
And how does that contradict what I said? The are notoriously bad spellers.

Kind of interesting as THEY were the ones that spawned the language.

Old English spelling can therefore be regarded as even more jumbled than modern English spelling, although it can at least claim to reflect some existing pronunciation, while modern English in many cases cannot.

en.wikipedia.org...

Under development for a thousand years and it's still not right.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you lose your sense of humor around these parts, the way this world is headed, you could very well lose your mind as well.

Humor is always a good thing, IMO, but obviously there is a time and a place for it. Used in proper context it is welcomed, it is only frowned upon when it becomes disruptive or gets in the way of discussing a serious subject.

I find that there are a lot of people here on ATS who have a great sense of humor, it is a big part of what makes this place worth coming to day in and day out.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
This thread is getting off topic. No "u's" will be added to perfectly good words and no humor will be allowed at ATS on my watch.

Last warning.

Peace

Iu willu addu a "u" tou uany worud Iu cuse tu...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr LUve
This thread is getting off topic. No "u's" will be added to perfectly gud wurds and no humour will be alluwed at UTS on my wutch.

Last wurning.

Peace

Gutcha Duc.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
Then we have those who come from another planet another dimension here to teach us all they know.

This is why humour is important It puts life situations which at the end of the day are illusional furniture of the mind into funny perspective

Hello headlightone

Welcome I bring you much truth. I am one of these beings from another dimension. I come to teach you all.

I am from a land that is far and distant, I am from the stars. My people are fair and noble. We vibrate in the violet spectrum, we are bringers of love, peace and humility.

What is it you want to know.....

Edit for spelling, it seems even I who comes from a far distant land (with two suns) can not spell correctly LOL

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I crack jokes in every ridiculous post I see and sometimes in posts where it would really be inapropriate but If I know i'll get a solid laugh i'll do it anyway

Jokes a joke

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If there isn't room for humour on ATS then I wouldn't be here. Heck more than half of my posts are jokes.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
If there isn't room for humour on ATS then I wouldn't be here. Heck more than half of my posts are jokes.

'Posts'. Good one. Keep 'em coming!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What be this "humour" thing you all keep prattling on about? All should know by now that mods have no humour.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So there is nothing more serious than a thread about humor?

...just a thought...

I am quite new on ATS and reading through many threads I noticed that there is a different kind of humor in most of them. It`s human and a natural phenomenon where so many people from different countries and cultures meet to discuss various aspects.

Take it as a chance to learn from each other, open your mind and enjoy - and don`t take stuff too serious at a time.
MHO

[edit on 15-9-2008 by darlin]

[edit on 15-9-2008 by darlin]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I think quite a few posts are unintentionally funny which I think is even better. A great example is the thread of someone talking about being invaded by Reptillians from another dimension.

She got very angry that another member kept saying that he would visit her in her dreams to show that Reptillians no longer exist in the Reptillian dimension. She became irate and told him in no uncertain terms that he was not welcome in her dreams. CAPS and exclamation points were flying around in her attempts to to dissuade him from even attempting it.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
reply to post by TH3ON3

I think quite a few posts are unintentionally funny which I think is even better. A great example is the thread of someone talking about being invaded by Reptillians from another dimension.

She got very angry that another member kept saying that he would visit her in her dreams to show that Reptillians no longer exist in the Reptillian dimension. She became irate and told him in no uncertain terms that he was not welcome in her dreams. CAPS and exclamation points were flying around in her attempts to to dissuade him from even attempting it.

Ah yes...but how do you know this actually is quite possible to do

How can you say there is no Reptillian dimension hey
I actually think there is but I see your point about how some posts can be funny without meaning to be, it just depends how we put them across really.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Humor should be a requirement for membership, it is the best way to make sure you are human.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think it has been mentioned before somewhere, but I think it may need to be mentioned again. One mans humor is another mans insult. Which basically means is that you may have all the intentions of making a light harted humor comment, but someone else might take it out of context and be insulted by it, so you realy have to wathc your step. Another thing to take into consideration is that written humor and sarcasm does is not noteced and taken the same way as spoken.

Just a few thoughts.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am living proof there is room for humor on ats. In fact, I'm a walking chuckle. At least that's what they tell me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Phage
I know the average ATS member is above average intelligence.

Define average?

By definition, with an IQ of 100.

*line 2*

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
All I do is be sarcastic, I haven't had one serious day in my life.

Life's a joke and the laugh's on you.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
All I do is be sarcastic, I haven't had one serious day in my life.

What, seriously?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

[edit on 22-9-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think a thread or post can add comic relief and still elicit responses that merit acknowledgment and further thought...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join