It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Meier film made using 'stop-motion'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I came across this small film segment by a Korean TV channel on YouTube. In the documentary they duplicate one of Billy Meier's UFO films. Although it's in the Korean language it's very interesting to see the moment the UFO disappears from the scene. Around 1:25 this happens and you can see a little side branch instantly reposition;
www.youtube.com...

width="425" height="344"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/B-Jf1t4KYBg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

To me this looks very fishy. I'm not a video expert but is this referred to as "stop-motion"? The branch changed position right after the UFO disappears and to me it looks like the film has been tampered with. What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yes. It's a typical stop motion issue that you essentially try to avoid. As I've said before for years, this was as simple as turning off the camera and moving the model. Nothing else should move, and you have to take care not to let other objects show the stop.

But, try and show this to the devout and they attribute it to time travel and magnetic field theories.

This is always what has fascinated me about people's belief in this case as legitimate. It's fairly sloppy work really, in a lot of spots.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TerraX

His movies remind me of "Plan 9 From Outer Space". I wonder if Ed Wood was the adviser to these films? They look fake, and you never see one land and someone coming out of the ship.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
LOL
Did the staff actually read this thread before it was moved to this handy dandy hoax forum?
The OP is debunking a hoax, and yet you guys are so vehemently set against whomever this Billy Meier guy is it was sent here de facto. I was going to just browse through the hoax forum and this was the first one I opened at random.
The title of the OP is interrogative, how the hell is a question about the film being a hoax, considered to be a hoax?
Whose idea was this forum anyway? No really, who put this to us and why aren't these 'hoax' threads even being read or comprehended before being moved here? I don't know who Billy Meier is, but I'm guessing this is something recently added to the ever growing list of things we can't discuss here eh?

join