It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evp. can it occur in musical instruments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
this is an interesting thing that happened to me a while ago. i was playing a guitar through a really loud amplifier and my mother needed my attention so i muted my guitar so that the strings would not vibrate and cause noise through the pickups. strangely enough i heard what seemed to be a voice sing through the speaker while the guitar was still muted it was kind of a high pitched voice too. it had nothing to do with what was physically manipulating the amp or instrument and it seemed to come from an unknown source

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sometimes lower quality guitar leads can work as antenna's and turn amps into makeshift radio's. Happened at a rehearsal I was at last week.

Nothing spooky here, it's just your amp picking up radio signals which is perfectly natural, especially with lower quality gear, usually leads.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i agree with DrBones, happened to me couple of times. my bass once sounded like Frank Sinatra

interesting effect if anything

evp's coming through guitar amps in general, well i don't see why that wouldn't occur.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
okay, how would it not be possible for evp to happen through guitar pickups? i've noticed radio waves happen through an amplifier before. is it because the instrument is causing too large of an electromagnetic field of its own? what is it usaually? oh and the equipment is actually very high quality and i don't even think that is a factor

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666
Nothing spooky here, it's just your amp picking up radio signals which is perfectly natural, especially with lower quality gear, usually leads.

Or your dental fillings.

About the only way to make sure there are no ghosties in your gear is to encase them in a Faraday cage (your gear, not the ghosts). Otherwise, practically any electronic device can be subject to picking up stray radio broadcasts, which makes most EVP evidence questionable, at best.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
hmm. interesting. maybe if the same situation was conducted as an experiment, i could probably rule out evp. but if it was a radio station, wouldn't i need a crystal diode for that? because an amplifier that is run from circuits wouldn't have proper reception from a station unless it was about a few miles away or unless a radio is within audio range of said amplifier. for an outside sound to happen to the single coil pickups of a vintage stratocaster, strong enough vibrations would have to be made to signal to this amplifier. furthermore the thought of a radio signal to manifest through an amplifier, would mean it would run through tubes which in coincidence has a crystal diode in the amp head. so a bass amp that picks up Frank Sinatra would be run from tubes. vintage and custom peavy, ampeg, fender, crate, marshall, krank and sound city bass and guitar amplifiers have tube amplifiers. (i've studied and repaired my amps) so i should recreate this situation as an experiment. who wants to know what my equipment sonsists of?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
oh and the kind of singing was a little more like chanting when i performed the experiment a second time.

new topics

top topics

join