It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S., Iraq Reach Tentative Deal to Withdraw American Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

U.S., Iraq Reach Tentative Deal to Withdraw American Troops

www.foxnews.com

BAGHDAD — Iraqi and U.S. negotiators have completed a draft security agreement that would see American troops leave Iraqi cities as early as June 30, Iraqi and American officials told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
First I would say that I have to see this to believe it, but if it indeed happens I would say it would be a great relief to all our men and women that are currently serving in the military. A great move to bring stability to the region.
, but in the other hand ot makes you think about the prosepects of an attack on Iran...would Israel knowing that the U.S. presence in a place so strategic like Iraq would be diminish would feel more compelled to strike?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is a gamble in some ways, and I'm aware of that despite not being completely for the war, but I also think, with the way things are looking in Europe, having a lot of our ducks in one basket again will pay off.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion Crystal Ice

I would say that a pull out of troops from Iraq would strategically shiflt the thinking of Russia, right now they know we are tied up in both wars so they can act and talk accordingly. A significant withdrawal of troops combined with the already approved on end strenght of military forces should send a clear message to Russia that the U.S. is not going to comit the same mistakes they did after others military conflicts.

Although I personally believe this whole Russia/U.S. crisis is a complete joke.

new topics

top topics

join