It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama chooses Kathleen Sebelius for Vice President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
For what it's worth
www.tribbleagency.com...

Our source noted “It will get a women on the ticket that shares the same views as Obama” a reference to many of the Hillary supporters..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Interesting link.

I still think he's lost this election.

I guess we will know his choice soon enough.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah right...like the democrats have totally taken leave of all their senses. Bad enough they let barack O no he din't get the nomination, now they are locked in to a candidate that has alienated the core conservatives, and even the ones who just wanted a change are thinking twice about voting for him. I hope he chooses wisely and picks some democrat with a long tenure and a real experienced statesman.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
well this will be interesting to watch. i guess they also investigated all the other possiblities. as for picking sebelius, i think that would be a boner move...picking a relatively unqualified woman as vp over a more highly qualified woman like clinton might set off a pretty big backlash and firestorm.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So is this a reliable source? Should I take into consideration the info given on the website? I read the link and i can see where it's from but does anyone know whether or not they also investigated sites involving other possible VP picks?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

I have no idea of the reliability of the source. The website is apparently a blog maintained by an advertising agency.

Blog...Advertising agency...

I wouldn't place any bets.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This would be possibly the worst choice he could make for a running mate.
Speaking only for myself, I would feel better about an Obama presidency were he to coax Biden or Nunn to take the Veep.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Well, this article does say Biden is in the forefront but then goes on to mention Sebelius' name as well.

news.yahoo.com...

I think this quote from the piece was an interesting comment also.

The speculation is less of an indicator of whether Biden will ultimately be Obama's pick, and more of a recognition of the challenges their candidate faces at this pivotal moment in the race

I know Ralph Nader sent a letter to Caroline Kennedy requesting she be in contention and many speculate that Clinton supporters would settle for nothing less than Hillary's selection. Like a previous poster commented, I guess we really won't know until the actual announcement is made.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by trek315]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ah, to what lengths these people go to create the illusion of choice. Marx called it "false consciousness".

You just wait. My source insisted today:

Obama - Clinton.
McCain - Romney.

Considering ObamaClinton website was registered in 2004, and these other websites were just put up recently, do you really think the CFR is going to change plans at the last minute? We're talking about professionals here. CFR already has the ticket, they have nothing to fear, except the perception of the election as illegitimate. So they recruit some anticipatory VP-picking anxiety-inducing fear media to do the dirty work of making the people think the decision hasn't already been made.

And being professionals, this action hits two birds with one stone. It keeps the attention on the CFR candidates instead of third parties, locking the American people into the false consciousness that America is a "two-party system": a lie perpetrated by a ratings-seeking media that controls the flow of ideas stifling the real issues which are only being promulgated by third party candidates.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
For an BIG-NAME Unknown entity to pick a NO-Name Unknown entity woould be intresting...

I like McCain romney... though...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Uhm ... Obama + Clinton = Very doubtful that's going to happen.

My money is on Obama + Joe Biden.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A Clinton Obama Ticket wins majority of...
Black Vote
Jew Vote
Women Vote
Hispanic Vote
Asian Vote
Poor and Middle Class Vote

And then some white vote.

McCain and another old guy wins majority of...
White vote

So, he's win the south, maybe. He might even lose Arkansas and Virginia to an Obama Clinton ticket.

But the other 38-41 states? Obama would win. I say it would be a great choice.

Also, with the GOP blatantly calling for assassination on Fox Noise what better then to have someone even more hated by the GOP second in command? Make the GOP think twice about assassinating Obama if Clinton would be next, then Pelosi, then... you get the point.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
In typical Obama fashion i wouldnt be suprised if he picked Clinton, he's managed to convince the media that its a no go in order to gain shock and awe value when its announced. I personally think it will be the only way he can win this election.

McCain and Romney seems imminent and i personally think its a great ticket.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I agree, its probably Biden. I've been hearing the Obama/Biden rumor consistently for a number of days now.

Hillary? She may or may not be a good choice. The one thing that he doesn't need is a VP selection that looks like a stronger presidential candidate than he does or overshadows him in any way. I think Hillary would do both and for that reason would be a mistake. If he chooses her, it won't be long before many will begin to argue that he's just a puppet and that Bill and Hillary are the ones pulling the strings and who would have all the power in his administration. Obviously, that's not a good thing in any respect.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So this rumor is based on website domain names? That's an interesting way to try to figure out who Obama will pick as VP, but pretty thin IMHO.

I don't know who he will pick, but if he chose Hillary, they would be unbeatable. I don't know if he wants to pay the price of that insurance.

I think the race being so close right now, VP's will determine the outcome of this election.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8/22/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sorry to bring this to the OP but Obama vice president chosen has to be one that will help him win the elections, somebody well known and attractive enough to voters.

No some obscure name that people have no clue where it came from.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by elusive1

And being professionals, this action hits two birds with one stone. It keeps the attention on the CFR candidates instead of third parties, locking the American people into the false consciousness that America is a "two-party system": a lie perpetrated by a ratings-seeking media that controls the flow of ideas stifling the real issues which are only being promulgated by third party candidates.

Wow!!! Elusive...not bad..not bad at all. Well stated. I agree.

I have for some time now been extremely disappointed in the two party system. I have also been thinking and suspecting that when one is able to peel or pare back the confetti, the fluff, the public chaff, there is only one party.

By this I mean a political party which is not on the ballot/ballots but is capable of steering public events in favor of a private goal or determination.

I am talking about a hijacking here of the public direction...or desires/will..in what is supposed to be a represenative government.

Nonetheless..an intresting manner in which you have stated it. "A false conciousness." I agree with this phrase.

I have tended over time to use a crudity and pardon me for this.
I call it ...we are being jerked off. It is public masterbataion techniques by the political partys and the willing media/educational system who shill for them.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry to bring this to the OP but Obama vice president chosen has to be one that will help him win the elections, somebody well known and attractive enough to voters.

No some obscure name that people have no clue where it came from.

Huh.....what!!!!???

I think you meant to say...Obamas vice presidential choice needs to be someone with experience, ability, and able to take over the office of president...should something happen to him. Being well known or liked should be somewhere down the line. That is nothing more than cheap marketing..not necessarily the reality of the job.

This is not only for the purpose of winning elections but primarily for the purpose of taking care of the buisness of the American People.
Sorry Marge..but perception and popularity in winning elections is not the same to me the buisness of the American people.

And some of us wonder what is the matter with thet body politic??

Sorry Marge..but cheap popularity marketing is not the same thing as the buisness of the American People. THere are still in existance people out here who know the difference.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 22-8-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sorry that you feel sorry but in the world of politics now a day is nothing that a big circus for the amusement of the gullible American voters.

Nothing but a big soupopera mix with Hollywood drama in Broadway show.

Meanwhile the ones moving the puppets do as they wish and guess what it doesn't matter anymore what we the people wants.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry that you feel sorry but in the world of politics now a day is nothing that a big circus for the amusement of the gullible American voters.

Nothing but a big soupopera mix with Hollywood drama in Broadway show.

Meanwhile the ones moving the puppets do as they wish and guess what it doesn't matter anymore what we the people wants.

Marge,
I agree with most of what you state here and imply the same in my previous post and for what Elusive describes as "A False Consciousness."

I think Elusive is correct in this. It is catering to our emotions..not clear thinking. I become very wary when I detect people who become so obviously emotional and conduct themselves if thier emotions are the same as being correct. In politics this appears to be the same tack as a "False Consciousness." I think the partys will prey on people using this tactic.

This is in fact a Hijacking.

However..once again..."Well known and attractive enough to voters..is the same thing to me as being emotional...not thinking a thing through. THe number one requirement of a Vice President is ..can they replace the President in case something happens to them...not being attractive enough to voters.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join