It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My strange FEMA uncle. Am I looking too much into it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Howdy. Long time lurker, but I've decided to sign up and tell you some things about my uncle, that I find a bit strange.

He's married to my mom's sister, so we're not blood related. My aunt and uncle have lived with us for the last couple of years. It's more like she lives here, and he comes by for a few weeks/months at a time, while the rest of the time he's of working on something in another state.

They tell me that he works for FEMA, but that's all they can really tell me. Whenever I ask exactly what he's doing, the response is always something along the lines of "He's helping all those areas hit by the hurricanes (Katrina) or something similar." But that's all they really know.

When my uncle IS at home, he's still constantly doing work, online on his laptop. Whenever he needs something printed he calls me to figure everything out because he doesn't know how to work the printer. To be honest I don't know how to get his laptop on our printer's network, so I help him log on to his accounts on the home computer. He's usually verrry secretive about what he's doing and printing. He can't stand to have someone looking over his shoulder while he's at the computer, and he deletes EVERYTHING when he finishes.

I was always curious about what he did, but I've given up on trying to figure that out. But recently, I get a funny feeling that he knows something is going to possibly happen soon. His mom lives in Canada, and he's been planning a trip to Canada at the end of this month to visit her. He's bringing his wife and two kids (my cousins) and one of the cousin's husband.

I was asking my aunt when they were coming back/how long they planned to stay up there, and she just doesn't know. No clue at all. She just says "until he gets called back to work somewhere again."

am I looking too much into this?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I also wanted to just add another thing that I find very weird.

both of my cousins are a bit older, in their late 20's/ one is almost 30. they NEVER go on big group vacations for anywhere. it's out of character. i can't help but think he's going up there to avoid something that's about to happen soon.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think you're reading to much into it.

If he is working that much, it means he is just your average mid-level government drone who thinks that hard work will pay off one day.

If he was privy to astounding inside secrets, he would not risk them being revealed on an open network or to his nephew.

On the other hand, he might be a bit "conspiracy" oriented himself, and be arranging this vacation on an educated hunch.

[edit on 8/20/2008 by JokersWild]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
FEMA huh? Personally I'd be going out of my way to get all the information I could. FEMA is not our friend, and they are extremely secretive. Many good documentaries have been done on many subjects but, except for a lot of photos of places that have an alarming resemblance to concentration camps, I've yet to see good documentation on these places.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Start ranting about chemtrails and morgellions and 9/11 being an inside job--but make sure you are drunk first--and then start crying saying you feel powerless to stop the collision-course events that must be on the way. He will have to cough up something.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The beautiful thing about secrecy in a large scale organizaiton is that you can compartmentalize everyone and everything. You can litterally design a system where everyone is supporting a project that no one knows anything about the existence of, because they are all compartmentalized except for a couple of high level managers. The security can be so compartmentalized, sanitized and specialized that even the people running security do not know what they are securing, or even how big the project really is.

So if Uncle was working on something that big, it's probable that he would not know it. And certain that he would not know what it really is.

For instance there are databases used to track inventory where the people doing the data handling type in 1 gross of boxes of pencils, and 1 gross of chemical warfare artillery shells are shipped. When they create a document at one security level, the real document is automatically generated at a higher security level.

Everything neatly handled by people who do not understantand why the big boss even cares that a box of pencills fell off the pallet and got broken. And there he is freaking out over 5 dollars worth of number two pencills. The guy who handles the pencills only sees crates come in and crates go out. Nobody knows nothing!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
There must be some things being worked on that - while you're working on them - you could have no doubt as to their purpose. Working on some kind of facility(s) being fitted (kitchens, bunks, lavatories) or constructed (fences, cafeterias, medical facilities) for mass population could certainly be one instance that would get one's mind racing in all kinds of directions, no matter what the professed purpose of the place. Isn't FEMA supposedly working on such compounds for - at best - Bio/Chem-warfare defense and quarantine procedures? Maybe he's simply speculating on what these places might be used for and how soon they might be used.

They would also have some kind of deadline in which to be finished, and however strict that deadline was or how nervous or anxious his higher-ups were behaving, could seem to indicate the importance and dating of some kind of an event.

And, even if the person wasn't clinically schizophrenic, the fact of "big brother" watching your every move does seem to have an impact on what you perceive.

I have personally worked for the U.S. Postal Service (even though they're a privately owned corporation) as a Data Conversion Operator for a few years as a temporary employee, and let me tell you...it's tough not to go completely bonkers sitting in a cubical 8-12 hours a day staring at a 60MHz black and white screen deciphering people's handwriting. It gets so tedious and boring that subconscious reflex takes over. So much so that they actually encourage people to bring iPods, CDs or Audio Books to listen to while working, yet some choose not to bring said articles and do nothing but think all day about any and everything (yours truly included). This is where the risk of schizophrenia comes in
...especially when you're under the unwavering impression that everything you're doing, every expression you're making, and every bit of audio you choose to give them while on break is being recorded and studied to lessen their moderate turn-over (even in a 2/3 temporary employee workforce). I know for a fact that they have entrance aptitude tests in which every prospective employee's handwriting is studied and reported on.

Personally, I would do exactly what Plucky said, although if he was one of the higher-ups, you couldn't really count on getting anything of any substance from him. Unfortunately, one of the mottoes I've heard frequently from people purportedly on the inside goes something like this:

"Maturity is the ability to withhold the truth rather than sharing it." (or something along those lines)

But it's still worth a shot.

If you do that in any capacity, I for one would surely be interested in the response(s) you attained, and I certainly hope no matter what he says, you'd share it with us.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
sometimes i do want to ask him about all of this, but it would be awkward, either way. we not all that close/don't really talk much to begin with, so i don't know how to begin even bringing up the subject.

it is definitely possible that he knows nothing for sure and this is his own hunch, like what Jokerswild said earlier.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, I think your concerns are valid to an extent. First of all remember that honesty is always the best policy. Respect his need for privacy as it is probably just in office type stuff that would not have any real conspiracy to it.

Odd that if he has been living with you that he has not invited you and your family up north when he goes. Does he seem to accept your family and love you all? Or is there a rift that makes you think that he would abandon you and your family in a time of national emergency?

As I said before being honest would probably set your mind at ease, and there has never been a better time than the present to ask him some questions.

I take it you are fairly young right? Well try taking him aside , even out for an icecream or something and have a list of concerns written down so as to stay on track and ask away.

He may or may not have all of your anwsers met at the end of your time together, but he will certainly have a better understanding of the concerns young people today carry. It is a big burden for you keep so much inside and he may be able to set your mind at ease.

Best of luck to you and relax, ok?

join