It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 2 in 3 voters want someone else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Nearly 2 in 3 voters want someone else

www.worldnetdaily.com

WASHINGTON - A Zogby International poll commissioned by WND shows a surprisingly low 71.7 percent closely identifying with either of the two front-running, major-party candidates for president and a stunning 62.4 percent expressing their desire to see more viable candidate and party choices in future elections.

Unlike any other scientific poll conducted in 2008, this survey asked randomly selected respondents about their level of enthusiasm for presidential candidates and offered the actual alternatives to the major party candidates that will appear on most ballots across the country – as well as the option of simply not voting
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The mainsteam media will decide the candidates.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
well nader and barr are running. are these 2 out of 3 people saying they're ignorant of that fact? or are they too afraid to step out of the lines that have been so clearly drawn for them? and there's always the write-in.

a nation as diverse as this should have six or seven political parties by now instead of the one we do have, and the fact that we don't is merely another indication of the stranglehold the republicrats have on us.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Can we actually elect a 'none of the above'?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Alarmist2012

Hehe....we should be able to do so. There definitely should be an option to officially abstain from voting.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The fact that both the media and the public believe that the only viable party is the one we have now aside, is it any surprise that given the outcome of primaries that 2 of 3 want someone else? I mean Hillary still has lots of disilusioned supporters amongst the Dems and McCain is almost as hated by the lunatic fringe of the Repubs as Hillary.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
ALL mainstream candidates are worthless, if they are on the msm, it means they work for their masters and we get sh*t on. Check out Ron Paul, Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich, etc to see what a real president could be. Mccain and Obama will both screw this country up far worse than it already is

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I told some of my friends yesterday I would vote for neither McCain or Obama and they got upset with me. I said I was voting someone else and they tried to convince me I was throwing my vote away. Is that the moral conscience of our nation? Vote for the lesser of two evils? I don't think so. I can not support a baby killing globalist and I can not support a war mongering neocon.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I keep hearing that many want to use Paris Hilton as a write-in candidate.

I'm starting to see the logic in that approach.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Missing Blue Sky

that "throwing your vote away" myth is, of course, utter BS. and gee i wonder who propagates that myth....

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I forget what member here has the Cthullu 2008 avatar, but that is classic. Cthullu 2008 "why choose the lesser of two evils."

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Thats the problem with a 2 party system, with a few minority parties. Its a complete democratic farcade. In BC, facist Gordon Campbell won a majority government with around 40% of the votes, both provincially and in his own riding. Around 60% voted in a split left ndp/green. He doesn't rule with a mandate from the people. Now I remember a referendum he introduced that gave us a vote on whether our system would change to proportional democracy, which is a higher form of it, where you have in your assembly the percentages you vote for, and which favors more diverse parties and more women, like the Scandinavian countries. They made it a 60% needed to pass. Without knowing much about it, 57% voted yes. I was definately one of them.
There will be a lot of pressure to not waste a vote, which ties everyones hand, and plays everyone right into their hands.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm gonna vote, so I won't be able to "complain" if the crap hits the fan....
, but then again, I'm probably gonna "throw my vote away" to Alan Keyes. I wish I was a real American.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Someone else?
What difference would it make?
We'd be still bogged down on "issues" like his half brother, his airplane flag, and his wife's fistpump.
Nop, as I've said before, we're getting exactly the candidates we deserve.

top topics

join