It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Speaks On Georgia VS. Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Hi.

so russia surely is in a worse situation than before, tactically seen

I presume you are referring to the medium to long-term strategic lie of the land.

I can agree to a certain extent. The missile shield is going to happen. It is clear that is the American stance. There might have been a very small chance of a negotiated solution, but the events of the last couple of weeks have put paid to any such possibility. And the belligerence of the Russian government in pushing into Georgia and dragging their feet over withdrawal is actually the response of a frustrated loser in the wider scheme of things. 'You still don't have a totally free hand to dictate to us' is what they they have effectively said. (And many civilians have paid the price, as usual.)

However Russia has almost certainly achieved its aim of annexing South Ossetia and Abkhazia. In the brutal world of geopolitics they have scored a minor victory.

Yet it would appear to be a pyrrhic victory if we assume the missile shield is the big issue for Russia.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Your avatar claims you're fighting ignorance. You are not, and this post proves that. Since when does anti-corporate government mean Anti-American? The closest thing to a tangible representation of this country is the Constitution. He wants to enforce the constitution. Therefore, Ron Paul can be labeled a lot of things, however Anti-American is not one of them.

Yes, I am ignorant because I do not fawn over the words of a politician.

Oh yes, he's a "patriot." I don't know who said it but: "Patriotism is not the last refuge of a scoundrel, but the first."

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

You may as well stop trying. Riposte is the type that simply will refuse to examine the evidence even when he makes that very same claim about everyone else who provides the evidence.

I'm saddened that you hate me. However, I can understand why. This administration and the few within other faucets of the government that cater to the arms dealers and big business have to keep those clients happy. How else are their pockets lined? You see, to state that you hate me (for I represent the USA) makes me very sad.

And if you choose to change it to the soldiers you must understand them as well. You see, I was once a soldier and everything I was taught while in was to listen to orders. Period. I was taught how to survive in a gun fight and to keep my head. However, I was NOT taught to think for myself above and beyond my job. You see, I was expected to comply, period. That is what the bulk of our current soldiers are trained to do. They will believe what they are told by their leaders because that is how they were trained.

Don't hate us because of what the few do. Many of us are still mislead about the various conflicts we are involved in right now. It's because we are trained in school to trust our government. Even when they are wrong. It's very sad and I really do not like it when people hate me because of what the few have done and profited from. Now, if I made any money from these wars then I would be guilty. Alas, I have not and plead innocence to the basis for your hatred.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes. Georgia attacked first and Russia responded.

But keep your eyes open.

And IGNORE what the Christian 'Armageddon' theologians tell you.

We are witnessing, right in front of our eyes, the *beginning* of the fulfillment of the fractal Prophecies of Daniel 11:40-45 in which the United States, the Israel and Georgia are iterations of the "king of the South" and South Ossetia, Russia, Syria and Iran are iterations of the "king of the North".

REGARDLESS of what the Christian Prophecy 'scholars' will tell you, it is the escalation of *these* fractal Prophecies of Daniel which will lead to the "time of trouble" in Daniel 12:1.

These Prophecies are NOT for some 'far off time' after the (DELUSION) of the 'Rapture'.

Were the Christian evangelists and theologians to ACKNOWLEDGE this, their lives would be in DANGER from those who thought they would be 'RAPTURED' first and would ESCAPE the "time of trouble".

Michael Cecil

after-the-false-peace.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul, and those that think he is right, are several bricks short of a load. He is a senile old man, who never has done a thing in Congress but whine and complain. he has a following of mostly 3rd grade drop out, the people that blame everyone else because they didn't make it in life, and those that just plain hate everyone that isn't white and stupid.

He has no concept of anything other than he thinks he has all of the rights, and the government has none. He would have been correct under the "Articles of Confederations", but he is dead wrong under the U.S. Constitution.

Sorry, but Andrew Jackson, the heron of those of you "anti-government" types, is exactly the person that most openly expanded the powers of the Executive branch. He also thumbed his nose at the Supreme Court, refusing to obey its rulings. Remember the "Trail of Tears", when he forced the Cherokee, the Creek and the Seminoles out, so his white folks could take over their lands? Not one of those tribes had fought against the whites, until jACKSON EFFECTIVELY DECLARED WAR ON THEM.

And those of you that think Ron Paul knows what he is speaking about just don't have a clue. He is an idiot, working hard to become a demented moron.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Although I support Ron Paul as much as possible, I do not think Ron or any one person can change the sickeningly corrupt and flat out EVIL direction the USA is going in. It is WAY past time for a revolution here in the 'states!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

NEW DELHI - India tested a nuclear-capable missile designed to be launched from a submarine

DELHI (AFP) — India will host the second joint military exercises with China, as the neighbours continue to mend ties after a brief but bitter border war in 1962, a report said.

Please stop acting like India is such a peaceful nation. You've been at an undeclared war with Pakistan for God knows how long, and now you're in tight with China's military.

And then again, there's always the domestic front in India. So much for "peace-loving India".
www.hindu.com...

JUST six months ago, when driving in Jaipur with a young friend, I saw her suddenly display revulsion and shock. Psychological rape is apt to describe what happened. Why? A lecherous, macho male on a two-wheeler flashed at her. That moment spoke volumes about how perpetrators of incidences like these largely escape the law because they are difficult to pursue. If we ignore reporting cases like these, we bring on the assaults, acid attacks and rapes on us. The recent incident of rape of a Delhi girl in Haryana over 11days by her kidnapper, his father and brother-in-law reveals the psyche of the male-left-scot-free for his earlier seemingly "teasing-adventures", dismissed with an attitude of that "this is a common occurrence".

Men, armed with over-active hormones and an upbringing that gives them the self-delusive aura of male supremacy, take their role as "eve teasers" very seriously. When convenient, it is attributed to "with the way she was dressed, she had it coming" and at other times, these epitomes of virility justify their leering at a sari-clad woman, with a flippant "boys will be boys". If it is only about the clothes that the female gender wears, then I think that as a mass crusade against eve teasing, all women at large need to don a pair of shorts, forcing the men to delve further into the reasons why they consider teasing hapless eves their proclaimed birthright.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.......

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

Since Ron Paul isn't in the running anymore, your attack on the people who support some of his ideas is laughable. But, as somebody who supported him over all other Rs and Ds (I'll admit to liking Kucinich for the Ds though) in the presidential nominating race (with time and maximum donation), I take issue with your nastiness. Ron Paul has never been a political heavyweight; he's been a gadfly or conscience at best. Also, Ron Paul is not right on every issue but he is heads and shoulders above most of the scum in D.C.; you know those people who should be serving the people.

But then again you probably hit on part of the problem in your comment. When law and policy is written so that a third grader can't understand it, there's probably a problem with the law.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by Riposte
South Ossetia has been trying to succeed from Georgia for the last 10 years. 95% voted to become a sovereign nation and even brought their rift to the U.N. which denied a people their democratic right to do so.

Wow, it sounds kind of like the South during session and the resulting war between the states (or as Northerners call it, "the Civil War" and Southerners call it "The War of Northern Aggression"). Perhaps if the state of Jefferson had broken away from the rest of Claifornia, we might have more of a political balance as well on the "left coast."

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfmanjack

more and more scientists drops ape self evolution,missing link is a dead link for 70 years now yes ron paul is smart he is got no handicaps some ideas take time to digest

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Great post. I love Ron Paul he speaks the TRUTH!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join