It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Speaks On Georgia VS. Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
My reputation around here is something you would eat hair to attain.

Tit for tat?

The reporting on this war is so unregulated that we could trade news sources all day. It's not about picking news that "sides" with our "agenda" as it seems this whole thing seems like it's sensationalized and then propagated by the National Enquirer. "The One Up War!"

All I know is that there were Georgian tanks and troops in Tsilivi. Before Russian ground forces were sent in, they were hit with armament from Russian Planes. That tells you who was where, first. The South Ossetians were too weak to fend off the attack, and Russia, with a basket of ulterior motives, I am sure, defended a people who could not defend themselves.

That is what I know. Georgian tanks on a soil of a people who did not want them there. What happened after that? Well, it looks as if it's almost entirely wild speculation.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Let me quote the first sentence of your source:

To no one's surprise, the Russians drove back a Georgian attempt to regain control of South Ossetia.
Thanks for supporting my argument for me.

Georgia picked a fight, and got their ass handed to them.

Last week, Mexican soldiers fired rounds over the US border, and even held a US official. We didn't invade did we? No, because that would be ridiculous. What I have stated is fact, what you're the one spewing the propaganda Mr. Grammar Police. I apologize for my error in spelling, your twisted logic had my head spinning.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
reply to post by Riposte

Riposte... Russia was wrong to go in so aggresively.. however you do realise that Georgia has killed over 2000 south ossetians? I beleive the truth is right in the middle... Russia did what it had to do to defend the south ossetians but then took the oppurtunity to "teach a lesson" which I beleive is wrong... They should have stopped at south ossetia.. However Georgia is the aggresor here. I would suggest for you to stop falling for the MSM propaganda.. And talk to actual south ossetians... see what they have to say about the conflict.

I disagree in the sense that the Russian response was overboard in order to "teach Georgia a lesson"

If Russia had really wanted to teach Georgia a lesson there would be bodies littering the streets of Georgia and there would no longer be a "Georgia".

The Russian governments response was justifiable considering what was taking place, hundreds of Russian people being butchered by Georgian military.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Riposte is definetly Cointel or some other disinfo crap agent... Its pretty sad that they would get to this point...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

and again he stirkes with ignorant baseless claims....

im sorry if it seems like i e-stalk at times, but it would seem that you have a backward idea about what america is.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

reply to post by BlackOps719

Blackops I honestly agree with what Russia did the Georgians should have never attacked south ossetia and they deserved what they got... I was just trying to find a middle ground with that crap disinfo agent

agreed that guy is imperialist disinfo agent who supports genocide of people ,

here is another article exposing HRW double Standards:

www.alternativenews.org...

link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

Anyone who says that about Ron paul is ANTI-AMERICAN and a fascist pig.. Ron Paul is the only shred of truth left in our goverment.. anyone who says otherwise are nuts.

link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Ron Paul is a nut. Case closed.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Anyone who says that about Ron paul is ANTI-AMERICAN and a fascist pig.. Ron Paul is the only shred of truth left in our goverment.. anyone who says otherwise are nuts.

agreed , if USA wants that in the future , it be not destroyed by russian nuclear strike , people like Ron paul or Ralph Nader are needed

not nutcases like McCain or Obama

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

This is indeed an evil regime... lets hope things change.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

agreed , if USA wants that in the future , it be not destroyed by russian nuclear strike , people like Ron paul or Ralph Nader are needed

Even though I disagree with 99.98% of what you normally post, I would have to say that we are finally in agreement on something here.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

A video of a girl that says there was fighting? What does that prove exactly? And where is the proof that your family saw hundreds of bodies? WHERE ARE THE BODIES?

You sir, are lying.

No you sir are lying on behalf of your employers... and what exactly have you proven claming that south ossetia is full of criminals.. I just wanted to show you that not all south ossetians are criminals some are little girls and aunts and mothers, fathers brothers and sisters. your generalisation leaves *Snip*

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms and Conditions

There will be no more insults on another member. Post to the topic and not another poster.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by ModernAcademia

God Bless Ron Paul,

"One of Ron Paul's great gifts is his ability to make complicated issues understandable and indeed memorable to average people. For example, he notes that US meddling in the Caucasus is like the Russians arming and training the Mexican army to take back New Mexico." -Lew Rockwell

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Gateway]

couldnt agree more mate

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Haha, Pravda. Enough said.

And sorry, a quote from the S. Ossetian President is utterly meaningless without proof.

www.cbc.ca...
www.globalsecurity.org...
www.nytimes.com...

So far, I have been the only one in this thread to present any evidence for my claims. And not just evidence, but evidence from reliable sources.

Sorry, outfits like Pravda do not even come close to approaching the credibility of outfits like the NYT and HRW. They actually gather evidence before publishing. Pravda does not.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Riposte]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Uhm, no, your grammatical errors were not my fault, but your own. And no, American troops did not invade Mexico (but Russia did)... so thanks for bolstering my argument.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Even though I disagree with 99.98% of what you normally post, I would have to say that we are finally in agreement on something here.

Your double standards are laughable, but not surprising.

You both seem to believe that it would be America's fault if Russia were to nuke America. So I'm curious, could it be possible for Russia to provoke a military response from America? Could it be possible that Russia may act overly belligerent and be at fault for starting a war?

Or is every action on the part of Putin always going to be America's fault?

Maybe you folks should go to Russia and see what happens when you criticize Putin.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte
reply to post by Unit541

Uhm, no, your grammatical errors were not my fault, but your own. And no, American troops did not invade Mexico (but Russia did)... so thanks for bolstering my argument.

Russia invaded Mexico?

I know what you meant, get a grip.

And so what exactly do you call what Georgia did in South Ossetia (and remember, they did whatever you want to call it, before the Russians did anything). I'm not bolstering your argument, but I'll say it could use some bolstering. You've done a fairly good job of refuting yourself already. You've got the grammar down, now it's time to work on your logic. Lets see if we can lay this out:

True or false:

Georgia invaded S. Ossetia. - True

Georgia invaded S. Ossetia before Russia's military response - True (couldn't very well be a "response" if the reverse were true)

S. Ossetians want to be part of Georgia - False

I'm having a hard time figuring out what is so hard for you to understand. Georgia invades S. Ossetia, Russia comes and kicks them back out. Period. What's so hard to grasp about that? Neither Russia, nor South Ossetia started a damn thing.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by Unit541]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

or

That's in Tskhinvali. Notice the Georgian tanks hollowed out by Russian munitions.

This was on the opening day of the conflict. Georgia never advanced, only ran away after the initial assault form Russia. Come on, guy. Work with me.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a year or so ago, i was drawn in and fooled, just like a lot of people, beleiving and putting faith in the govt... they lied about the russians, they are putting us IN EXTREEM DANGER! i dont know about you, but our missle sheilds, will NOT be effective against 7000+ Nukes from russia... if it gets that far... i watch the news now and i take it as a horrible sitcom that goes no where. i see the MSM covering BS stories when there are more important issues that should be covered... but they are not... the govt and shadow govt is to blame.

we should revolt now, get it done and over with, the american government wont listen... they are too busy rolling around in their greed and lust for power. i think we need to stand up, protest in a peacefull way, match to congress, demand change. im talking about everyone needs to go, we should get a few hundren thousand busses and truck EVERYONE up to the capital and demand that all secrets to be released, to put congressional oversight over the CIA (as well as cut their budget by 50%) limit government controll over everything (foreign and domestic.) and finally take back whats rightfully ours, our fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers, ALL fought and died for this country, so we can live on and live s good life... im votin for this guy Ron paul (we all should) ... screw the puppets!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join