It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Speaks On Georgia VS. Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ron Paul Speaks On Georgia Attacking Russia FIRST

www.dailypaul.com

How would we react if the russians were in Mexico stirring up trouble on the borders and claiming new mexico as part of mexico.

We are taking the oil in the caspian sea and running it through georgia and we have a puppet govt. there. It's about oil though.

PART 1

PART 2

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-8-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Excellent Super Excellent Interview, Ron Paul has made comments or infered things saying that he wasn't a fan of Alex Jones, but he is very pro-freedom and is open to anyone asking him for an interview.

But this was enlightening, I will listen to Part 2 and post more comments

www.dailypaul.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Confirmation from Ron Paul.

Many thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

God Bless Ron Paul,

"One of Ron Paul's great gifts is his ability to make complicated issues understandable and indeed memorable to average people. For example, he notes that US meddling in the Caucasus is like the Russians arming and training the Mexican army to take back New Mexico." -Lew Rockwell

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
seems like things are about to get worse

it was shockign to see 100% of media make Russia seem like a monster.
I guess that means that we lost. Is there any hope?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Mehh Alex Jones is a idiot. (For the most part hehe)

As for Ron Paul.. Damn i wish he was still running for president. This man is smarter then all the rest of the political wacks in washington put together. (Except for the little fact he is a creationist believer) But everyone has some handicap

Ron paul is a Great American.. Its a shame the MSM decided not to give him any press. Ermm or maybe i should say those who control the MSM.

He talked about Russia and Georgia back in 2002.. And yet no one listened to this great man. What a shame.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ya your right
he predicted the georgia vs. russia conflict in 2002

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And this is the man who was too "fringe" to compete for POTUS.

His only sin being that he tells the truth, and the truth offends the ones who are looking to keep things the way they are.

Thats why we get to choose between dogs*** v/s cats*** in November and great minds like Ron Paul get blackballed from the mainstream media.

And his assesment of the Russia georgia conflict is spot on as usual.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I still want to WRITE IN RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

He really was our last great hope, problem is he is white, male,he does not cuddle with corporate infrastructure, he knows how many houses he owns, he values the constitution and is not afraid to actually put his money where his mouth is, and likes the American flag up right and places his hand over his heart when he salutes it...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
though I hate USA with a fervour for its meddling and genocide in third world countries ,

only a person like Ron Paul , can prevent US imperialism from destroying the world and harming nations

I wish USA had a leader like Ron Paul, the world would have been a much more peaceful place to live on

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'd like to point out (again) that Ron Paul was warning about the economy at the earliest stages of the campaigns. He was literally laughed at by the other candidates and the media. Now, all of a sudden, it's all about the economy. It's amazing how someone is a 'fringe whacko' if they don't spout the consensus garbage. Even when they're proved right.

I posted here the day of the Russian incursion that the whole deal was about oil. They just officially opened the pipeline a few days prior. It was a pretty obvious coincidence to me.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
God Bless Ron Paul,

"One of Ron Paul's great gifts is his ability to make complicated issues understandable and indeed memorable to average people. For example, he notes that US meddling in the Caucasus is like the Russians arming and training the Mexican army to take back New Mexico." -Lew Rockwell

Actually no, it's nothing at all like that.

It would be like Russia arming Mexico to protect itself from an overbearing and imperialist America.

Georgia isn't trying to take back anything, except what they already have.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
though I hate USA with a fervour for its meddling and genocide in third world countries ,

Awww, does genocide upset you?

56,000 Georgian driven from their homes:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Chechen mercenaries sent into Georgia to terrorize the populace:
www.nypost.com...

"90 percent of [Gori's] citizens have fled, and the tiny remainder live amid a violent mayhem overseen by Russian occupation forces...

“They are burning the houses. From most of the houses they are taking everything. They are stealing everything, even such things as toothbrushes and toilets. They are taking the toilets. Imagine. They are taking broken refrigerators."
www.city-journal.org...

And the real kicker, Russia arms Syria. So I guess Israel can invade Syria now huh?
www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

We all wish we had a leader like Ron Paul. :-(

I'm positive the only reason that he didn't win is because the mainstream media here completely destroyed his character. They succeeded in creating the public mindset that he was unfit as an individual and that his policies are "crazy."

When I talk to my co-workers about politics, I usually start out by saying "Do you think it would be a good idea if..." and then I refer to any number of Ron Paul's ideas and beliefs.

Never have I heard somebody say, "No, I don't think that's a good idea." or "I disagree with that plan."

Then I tell them, "Well, that's what Ron Paul thought," or "That's what Ron Paul wanted to do."

And invariably they respond with, "Isn't that the guy who saw a UFO?" (That was Kucinich, for the record,) or "Isn't he the guy who published newsletters for neo-nazis," Or my personal favorite, "He's the one with all the strippers campaigning for him, right?"

And sadly, the closest thing we have in our media to Ron Paul is... us, ATS, a voice that nobody listens to except its own members. :-(

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

what about the palestinians who Israel murders in droves using US weaponry

and what about the thousands of Ossetians murdered by american trained Georgian forces

what about the millions dead in Latin america , due to CIA death squads

what millions dead in Iraq thaks to US invasion for oil

and what about Israel and USa arming Georgia to attack Russian citizens in South Ossetia

[edit on 21-8-2008 by manson_322]

[edit on 21-8-2008 by manson_322]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
but he is very pro-freedom and is open to anyone asking him for an interview.

Ron Paul is not pro-freedom. This interview proves that. He is an unadulterated Anti-American hack.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

You seem to have forgotten that Georgia started the whole mess.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Ron Paul is not pro-freedom. This interview proves that. He is an unadulterated Anti-American hack.

Your avatar claims you're fighting ignorance. You are not, and this post proves that. Since when does anti-corporate government mean Anti-American? The closest thing to a tangible representation of this country is the Constitution. He wants to enforce the constitution. Therefore, Ron Paul can be labeled a lot of things, however Anti-American is not one of them.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Riposte

Reading your post made me feel like a fat kid trying to fit into a size S shirt. Awkward. Uncomfortable. But, not for me... For you.

Meanwhile, Chechen rapists and butchers are celebrating - and picking over the US gear the Russians captured and didn't even want.

The whole article was pretty stupid. My gut was telling me "sensationalism!" but I gave it a chance until I read.

Ralph Peters is a retired Army intelligence officer and the author of the new book "Looking for Trouble."

Well, I'm glad they have Chuck Norris writing their news articles.

The other garbage is truly sensationalism in an obvious way. South Ossetia has been trying to succeed from Georgia for the last 10 years. 95% voted to become a sovereign nation and even brought their rift to the U.N. which denied a people their democratic right to do so. If 95% of a population does not want to be a part of something and are told "no" by people in countries that have no idea what they are going through, what would you like them to do? Bow down to the forces that be? Have rockets fly through your residential areas with reckless abandon? Watch as Georgian forces stumble through your capital pillaging everything in sight? ... I remember a little country that went through similar trials and tribulations in 1776. I wonder what ever happened to them?

And let's not forget some very important imagery. While Georgia is protested and despised, Russian soldiers are greeted with food and flowers.

Believe what you want to believe. Being delusional is fine with some people.

On a side note. I hope (and highly doubt, but..) that South Ossetia turns out nothing like Iraq. Hopefully the Russians will duck out with grace and let those people live their lives.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

What about it? This thread is about Georgia, and you're trying to deflect everything and point your fingers at America... fine. What's your point? That genocide against Georgians, Israelis and Americans would be justified since they are doing it too?

Or do you just want to get in some cheap shots to deflect criticism away from other people who are just as culpable, but are conveniently politically aligned with you?

What's your point? Are you going to acknowledge that both sides are at fault, like me?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join