It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like I finally quit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Don't wanna jinx anything, but three days ago I hit the three month mark on quitting smoking.

...and I still haven't killed anyone.

I'm buying myself a drink.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

OUTSTANDING

Now make me quit...

I'm waiting.....

Semper

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
POOF!!!!!

.....Did that work?

Let me know.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

AMAZING...

IT did...

I am getting ready to quit for the night, but I will probably start again in the morning...

Thanks though

Congratulations on your achievement.. Having tried several times, I know how difficult it is..

Semper

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Congratulations! It is not an easy thing to do.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Congratulations loam! That is a wonderful achievement, no doubt.
I am so proud of you

I have been not wanting for the cigs lately so have cut back tremendously ... here's hoping it's my time to quit asap

can you tell me what, if any, aide you used ? gum, patches ?
Cheers.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thanks, all!

reply to post by ImJaded

I used Chantix for two weeks. Otherwise, nothing else.

(Honestly, I thought the drug stole IQ points. Fortunately, they all returned after getting off the drug. It really worried me, because the effects were extreme in my case.)

In the end, I have to say this: When you're REALLY ready to quit, you'll need nothing. I realize that now.

Too bad I didn't do it much sooner.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by loam]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

In the end, I have to say this: When you're REALLY ready to quit, you'll need nothing. I realize that now.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by loam]

Very true! I walked in the supermarket to get a carton of camel lights and came out with a 2 month supply of nicoderm CQ (i think). I have no idea how that happened other than I was getting tired of coughing all the time and having no money... I haven't looked back since going on 3 years now.

My magic combo (for my crutch/sanity) was maximum strength patches and tooth-picks.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I agree wholeheartedly and this is exactly why I am so happy these days. I just don't want to smoke. I've been going to the gym regularly and contribute this to my lessened desire to smoke.
I am still not entirely free of it's clutches but I am down to 1 or 2 a day, usually if I have a drink but most days none at all

Hopefully this is it for me

Again, congrats

[edit on 21-8-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Congrats Loam...

My good buddy smokes a pack a day... and is having HELL trying to quit... We are all trying to get him to quit, but he keeps buying packs...

Ill give him your methods, see if that helps...

And me, personaly, i thankfuly haven't ever been adicted to Cigs... Close a few times.. But never adicted... i can still have one whenever i want... Not a whole one, just a few drags... I love smoking... Cigs are nasty though.. I wish there were some CIgs that didn't smell like chemicals...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Gratz Loam.

BIG accomplishment.

Now whatever you do, dont listen to the little voice in your head that will someday say..."Well, maybe just ONE."

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Congrats loam, I hope to be where you're at soon.

I need to quit as my sense of smell completely sucks, and my sense of taste is on its way out too.

Not to mention I'm a raving lunatic If I can't afford anymore nicotine.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i smoke occasionally, but mostly i chew tobacco, its really hard to quit, congratulations on quitting.

QUITTER

im kidding, im just jealous that i havent been able to quit after many many tries.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
For all who want to quit read this.

archive.thisisbradford.co.uk...

My Auntie and Uncle (heavy smokers) done this and quit which then lead my 40 a day smoking Mother to try this treatment, I think it's coming on 2 years now and she hasn't touched a cigarette nor does she want to.

It works but it cost 250 English pounds.

If you seriously want to quit and are struggeling I would recommend this, maybe I will do it when I have really had it up to my eye balls with spending needless amounts of money on these things.

Again it really works, My Mother would smoke all day long and now she don't.

Edit: It is a one time thing too, one treatment and she has never looked back.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Chukkles]

top topics

join