It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]Real spirit photos from my neighborhood![HOAX]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, you can say what you want. One of the mods; Internos is going to examine this. He is a REAL professional and he will settle this once and for all. I am no hoaxer. And, the person who took the pistures is no hoaxer, either. Once Internos gets this material approved, you can look back and maybe learn a lesson; never judge something on someone until you get to know whom or what you are judging.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulstone

Oh, WoW. I am LOVING this! I simply LOVE it when people deliberately call me out as ANYTHING I am not and become proved wrong! Do you know who Internos is? This is a mod; a professional at fake material decoding and debunking. Surely, when Internos proves these are real you will HAVE to take back what you have said about me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey, hey. Don't worry about it... You and I are practically ALREADY friends. THAT's how confident I am in this material. I still remeber the looks on my friends' face as we ran away from the horror closing in on us... It was THE MOST awesome thing I think I've EVER been involved in as far as paranormal discovery goes. In due time, we will know... I can't wait!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alister

Just for the record I said nothing about your pictures. Just your funny statement about defaking faked photos.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alister

Hey there,

I just got a reply from Internos so he'll be along to take a look soon.

Quite excited now, hope you're not going to disappoint me ... I have my finger poised over the 'friend' button in anticipation ... and another over the 'foe' button (just in case).

Woody

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Alright, then PHAGE. I'll remeber that. And, who knows; after all of this is said and done, we might make good, rivalistic friends.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Oh, man! This is CRAZY! I'm psyched! I'll not only get to prove the authenticity of these photos, but I'll get to show all of these people the DELIBERATELY tried to prove my material to be fake!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alister

Um, Alister. I would like to say I really like the show Invader Zim, but why do you consistently use frames of the shows in your posts?
Is it to put your point across? To be funny? To show your not serious??
I just find it a bit strange and it might, I said might, be a sign your not taking this thread seriously.

Edit: Oh, and you also completely capitalize some words too, is this just your posting style or something?

Anyways, Invader Zim is an awesome show!!!

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Monsterenergy791]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alister
Do you know who Internos is? This is a mod

Just a quick point for clarity here.

Internos is not a Mod.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

You're exactly right about the expression thing. I use mainly cartoons (invader zim, sonic the hedgehog, dragon ball z, etc.) to express my feeling in an exaggerated, and sometime humorous way. Don't get me wrong; I really AM VERY serious about my info. I take it you don't read comics too often; nor do I. But, something a comic usually does in text is, instead of using italics to infer stress of a word or phrase, they use all capitals. I don't know how to use italics on a keyboard when I'm typing, so I use capitals to show hen I'm stressing my words.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alister

Oh, well thanks for answering my question and I HOPE you are serious (crossing my fingers until he hears from Internos).
And to answer one of your assumptions, I actually do read comics (sometimes), kinda sad since I'm 17. I just see little kids only reading comics, but I'm also well aware adults do too, just seems immature or nerdy to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

sanctum is correct ... internos is not a MOD.

So if we are putting records straight we should also add that he is an ATS 'Conspiracy Master' with his own discussion forum.

If it wasn't already obvious I am one of his biggest fans for the photographic analysis he does on this site.

Woody

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sanctum

Oh, Okay. Well, thanks. I figured he was because of the sound of his great professionalism in this area... Should I trust him to look over my stuff and be honest about it? I don't know...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi, Alister, thanks for sharing these photos

Thanks also to woodwytch for bringing this one to my attention

Alister, i'll be frank:
photos 1, 2, 7 and 8 show out of focus dust particles, i can say this for sure because all is consistent with out of focus dust particles: the rings that you see are indeed diffraction rings, they are not sharp because the particles were out of focus. They are microscopical objects, there's no way to notice them with the naked eye. The principle is complex, but i see that you already accepted this explanation, and i'm glad of it
Photo 3 could be anything: a source of light comes from the upper right side of the image, not much else can be said about it.
I still haven't found what's unusual in photo 4; i'd like to know it, anyway

photo 6 does not contain any exif information, but at first glance the background looks to be extremely on focus to be something caught on camera at over 60 miles per hour: i mean no motion blur seems to be observable (at first glance); but the speed of the car does not matter: what does matter is the "orb" that is the only object i see out of focus in this image: this may happen when something is too far to be focused correctly (and this is NOT the case, because it covers the background) or when it's too close: in this case, i'd say that it's too close to the camera, i have no idea what it was, but of course it was something of VERY close to the lens and, needless to say, very small (i mean its actual size, not what we see as result): the light (flash or other external source) made the rest, while i'd rule out lens flare, (i'm not 100% sure
).

But what really i'm interested to is photo 5:
in according to exif data,

Camera: Canon PowerShot SD700 IS
Also known as: Canon DIGITAL IXUS 800 IS
Lens: 5.8 mm
(Max aperture f/2.8)
Exposure: Auto exposure, 1/60 sec, f/2.8
Flash: Auto, Fired, Red-eye reduction
Date: August 8, 2008 9:22:04PM (timezone not specified)
(13 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes, 45 seconds ago, assuming an image timezone of US Pacific)

File: 528 × 704 JPEG
33,666 bytes (0.032 megabytes) Image compression: 97%
6% crop of the 2,816 × 2,112 (5.9 megapixel) original

it's a crop of a way larger image: this one is 704x528 but the image actually caught on camera was 2.816 × 2.112: well, that is the image i would like to see: could you be so kind to share it?

Parabol's post can't be ignored, i see a perfect match, (i'm amazed by your work, BTW)...
Let's say that i'm curious and that i'd like to take a look at the original uncropped unresized image

Oh, i'm NOT an expert by the way, i'm just adding my two cents, my opinion is not better than the other member's ones

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

NOT AN EXPERT?! Wow... GREAT... Now how am I supposed to prove this! I was so excited, too. This... SUCKS! I know very well I never TOUCHED these images (maybe Jess did), but I did not. Why would jess do this?? DID she do this?? Have I been psyched out over something my "FRIEND" did to the photos??! NO WAY! There's no WAY she'd do that; as far as I know... But, if she did, WHY?? This can't BE! Are they REALLY FAKE?! No f*** WAY! How am I supposed to... WAIT. Does this mean her whole "Possesion" act could have been just that; an act. Is she really a master of recreation AND deception?... You may be no expert, but you've done well ENOUGH... Come to think of it... The picture comparison of the soldier had me worried, but I wasn't ABOUT to admit it... "We've got orbs, weve got orbs!" THAT'S the most commonly heard phrase I remember from our little "advertures". Maybe I shouldn't just call it fake; YET. Or maybe I SHOULD. I don't know! Any way I look at it; this SUCKS...; BAD. I want to see a spirit and KNOW it's real. Tonight, or tomorrow, or some time, I'm going to shout out "SHOW YOURSELVES!" at a ramdom "haunted" area. But, why would they DO this to me?... WHY?! I REALLY don't get it! The only reason I got scared that nigh was because eveyone else was! To be honest, I really didn't FELL anything!! I should just listen to my gut from now on! I'm going to have a talk; with ALL OF THEM! SOMEONE'S going to have to spit it out! I felt NOTHING that night! NOTHING!! This had BETTER not be... fake. If so, it has made me a FOLL, a LIER, a HOAX PROMOTER, and many other... unhonorable adjective put TOGEATHER! I'm not believing this! No F*** WAY! EVen after all of this, I will NEVER automatically declare someone's evidence fake, but I won't forget THIS either...

Thanks again guys... Really. I'm going to bear the weight of my OWN thread in full force...

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Seems Alister might be getting into a situation not in his favor

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well Internos's post wasn't that great IMHO. I've seen him do a lot better job in the UFO forum.

I'd like to say that Internos is being modest with saying he's not an expert - I think anyone who is considered an ATS Conspiracy Master and has a forum dedicated to himself, is definitely an expert in their field.

He's been on ATS for a year now and even a couple months into his membership, he was widely known for his great image skills. Hopefully you'll give the info he has requested.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alister

In my view I think 1 of 2 things is going on.

You tried to fake the images, and failed and are using someone else as an excuse.

Your friend screwed with the images and lied about his/her possession and you blindly believed. Remember on ATS, we always try to search for the truth. I think that's really what the purpose of this site is.

Whether it's real or not I am impressed as this has proved entertaining. But anymore fakes from any members here and you'll be gutted...just kidding....but seriously -.-

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alister

Alister, Alister, Alister !!!

I think you need a friend ... so like it or not your on my list.

If you were really unaware of any fooling with the pics then take this as a learning-curve ... you won't make the same mistake again will you ?

So see it as a positive ... you'll be a better investigator for it in the future. And don't be too hard on your friends ... they just wanted to generate some excitement ... and fear can be infectious (as you now know firsthand).

Don't let this shake your enthusiasm ... but in future just keep it in check until you've done the checks (less chance of embarassment) ... and ALWAYS go with your gut instinct ... if something feels out ... chances are it is (it's one of the golden rules)

And I totally agree with the other poster ... Internos was being modest.

I'd still like to hear about your experience ... some of it may have been paranormal.

Woody

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Alister...You said you were running from the guy in the picture!!!
In fact, you said: "Yeah; we were taking pictures backwards while running from this guy!"

But now you're saying "Jess" may have faked the pictures? You, my friend,
are crashing and burning.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join