It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombiephobia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Who here has zombiephobia?

Symptoms:
Extreme unjustifiable fear of zombies
Watch all zombie movies in an attempt to face their fear
Don't fear normal death
Dream of zombies at least once per month

Just trying to find out some information. I'm asking people to be honest so I can figure out the psychological cause of this syndrome.

Please also answer the following questions:

1) Do you suffer from OCD or another emotional issue?
2) If yes to #1 are you currently taking medication for this issue?
3) Were you raised or are currently deeply religious and if so please list the religion and sect?
4) Do you have any idea why you exhibit this syndrome?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
#1: no
#2 no
#3 not raised but have converted to shinto buddhism and bushido as way of life
#4 active imagination, dread fascination with the subject and possibilities of its reality, and it stimulates the thought of being heroic.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Funny enough, I had a dream about being chased by zombies last night. In the dream they ate humans and the only way to protect onself was to scrape this magic knife against a small magic rock to create a force field which would allow me to run away.

In full colour right down to the glittering gold scrape marks on the rock and and the beige coloured bubbles in the force field.. and the red blood, grey tiles and white walls...

In answers to your questions...

a) no
b) no
c) no
d) I'm a ninja. We naturally have a pathological fear of zombies and pirates.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just trying to find out some information. I'm asking people to be honest so I can figure out the psychological cause of this syndrome.

I think the psychological cause is quite clear.

Zombies.

There is nothing natural about the walking dead. I can see where it could cause cases of extreme dread and anxiety.

But, it really doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I watched Shaun of the Dead not to terribly long ago, and felt not so much as a goosebump.

Now, spiders...

Well, that's a whole other story. All spiders are evil and must die a most smushable death. Preferably by someone else's shoe.

Zombies, eh, not so much.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i believe that instead of people having fear of the undead one should prepare their home for any flood be it rain of water or river of the undead thrashing at your door. so to have a mentally prepared state of mind would help with these fears. so indeed to have good physical health, strategic living quarters and a knowledge of warfare ancient and modern would help one know how to deal with an epidemic should one occur. i recommend reading "the art of war" by sun tzu and "book of five rings" by myamoto musashi in order to have a strategic mind about anything including zombies.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
oh and about zombie dreams:
dreams occur frequently for me

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have zombie dreams at least once a month. I don't watch a lot of zombie films or anything, cause I only like a certain kind of zombie - the Romero kind.

The dreams are very long, vivid and intense. Sometimes I wake up and think 'damn it, another zombie dream', roll over, go back to sleep and the dream picks up where I left off! Sometimes this can happen 3-4 times throughout the night. They're never nightmares, but are always very intense, fighting for survival, trying to hide and stay alive.

My boyfriend thinks i'm mad. I think my minds preparing me for the worst, or at least trying to push me to learn survivial skills.

To maria_stardust - Spiders aint all that bad. I've got a few T's and they can be lovely when you get to know them. They even like a wee scratch every now and again. They're just mis-understood. Zombies on the other hand can never be lovely no matter how well you know them. And also you need something better than a show to take care fo them

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
it's true about zombies and spiders. i have zombie dreams quite often. they're often quite bloody and the last one i had was real intense and vivid where in my home town, this kind old woman actually turned out to really be a leader of an occult that worships the necronomicon, so they raise their army of the undead but suddenly the whole town turns into this tropical village like one that you would see in the pacific islands, and all of a sudden i'm drafted into this malitia that consists of a bunch of modern day pirates and hardcore anarchists, and it's like a cross between dawn of the dead, apoccolypse now, and braveheart. i usually wake up feeling an adrenaline rush

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I too wake up and then go back to sleep picking up the nightmare again. Mine are nightmares.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by arius

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Next time you have a zombie dream, try this little experiment:

1) Remember, it's just a dream. Brain-eating zombies only exist on film.

2) Use reverse-psychology. Try reasoning with the zombies. It'll confuse the hell out of them. While they're scratching their heads, make your escape.

3) Laughter. It always works to diffuse a nightmare. It puts perspective on the fact that it is just a dream.

Hopefully these simple tips will help you and others overcome their fear of zombies.

However, don't try this with spiders. They cannot be reasoned with, hence the shoe smushing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by arius
I too wake up and then go back to sleep picking up the nightmare again. Mine are nightmares.

if you are in another nightmare, then think 'i am a warrior, war and peace are different, but life and death are the same' you know, epic stuff.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So what's everyone's theory on why dreams like this are so common? I thought I was wierd having zombie dreams all the time then discovered other people get it too. Or variations of the same theme - fighting for survival.

Are our subconscious minds trying to tell us something? Are they a manifestation of the negative world we live in? Or just over-active imaginations with a similar theme?

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Maybe because I hate the idea of someone tearing my flesh...I don't know, that kind of freaks me out. Oh, and also because there are just huge numbers of them, that's scary to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arius

I love ZOMBIES!!!!
When I dream about them my buds and I are shredding them to bits and having a good time, all of a sudden we're all experts at blowing stuff up lol.

I know a girl that has a plan in case zombies attack lol, all written down in a book in case she panics and forgets.
She's serious about it too, when I laughed and said " Silly girl! Zombies aren't real! " She wasn't happy with me

It's a legit phobia with a long silly name that escapes me at the moment.
To me it's all a big joke but some ppl are seriously freaked out.

top topics

join