It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer games industry threat to downloaders: 'pay up or we'll sue'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I agree games manufacturers stop putting out bugged rubbish and maybe people will trust the games will actually work when they buy them.

As it is I've been burned a few times by stupid DRM schemes and games that were basicly in an unplayable state. I honestly can't say I blame people for checking the game works as advertised before buying especially with the ridiculous prices. It seems to be a case of push it onto the shelves anyway we will fix a few of the bugs in six months and they can install the patches.

If something is worth the money generally people will buy it I actually bought a PSP a few weeks ago just to play Crisis Core because a good game like final fantasy 7will get fans and good software houses like squaresoft make sure their games work before releasing them.

And as for this original post it isn't even about software piracy really it just seems to be a lawfirm trying to make money from extorting software piracy is just a convenient excuse.

I mean what do people do when their told pay us £300 or you will pay thousands these letters are designed to cause fear from what I've read of them there also seems to be an astonishing number of people who claim they have never even heard of the games in question yet alone downloaded them.

If you ask me the whole thing seems very suspect.

If they send you out a letter theres a forum for advice here I read through it a bit and my instinct if it was me would be to fight it if you are innocent.

Sorry for linking to another forum if it's not allowed but there is lot more information there.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Videogames should have a price according to their quality , that would be alot better.
Anyone remember S.T.A.L.K.E.R? The game was sold uncompleted , it was unplayable , it was full of bugs , many people felt scammed after buying that game.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by dracodie]

[edit on 13-9-2008 by dracodie]

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join