It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Bashers are WRONG

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

I couldn't help but notice you making yourself seen here after all the comments about your "disappearance". However, while your returning post is full of justification and rationalizing, you fail to even comment on the blatant misinformation in your original post. I wonder, if it was an honest mistake, and you really thought the facts are exactly the opposite of what they are, meaning the entire thread was pointless from the get go, or if it was a case of low quality trolling and skewing of numbers to suit your agenda.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by kcfusion
CONGRATULATIONS on serving ur country, make you feel good did it??? Helping in the killing of innocent men, women and children and leaving a country in a worse state than even under Sadam. Oh and in what way have you served your country????? Idiot! The only thing you have only served are the war profiteers back pockets! Congrats. How about serving your Country by actually helping those people in Your Country. Volanteer at your local rehab center, bring the local homeless man on the street a sandwich, #ing anything really, except your definition of serving your country Dope!

"I am in the Army and I pray to God that you would never have to live without an army to protect your ignorant, 70's attitude hippie ass."

I'm lucky enough to live in a place that doesnt need an army to protect my ignorance and I pray to God you get to experience it at some stage in your life, sincerely.

"You can also thank the soldiers for protecting your freedom of speech so you can spew that ignorant filth whenever you feel the need."

I have no problem with soldiers protecting freedom of speech or protecting in defence or protecting in the pursuit of good and I dont care if you believe me but I WOULD join the army in the pursuit of all of the above! Do you believe your Government sent you to Iraq for any of the above?

"I have been to Iraq and I have killed people who were trying to kill me and I must say that everytime I think about it I feel sick to my stomach. You may not understand this because you are nothing more then a coward who hides behind words on the Internet."

I am truly sorrow to hear that you had to go through what you did and I commend you for your bravery!

But have you not ever questioned why you were really there? Are you angry because you have doubts even the slightest doubts about why you were there? I would be, if I had gone through everything you went through only to find out I've been lied to.
I can understand why your going on the defensive, but you have to realise I am not attacking soldiers for doing what their doing. I am just in disbelief that soldiers are'nt asking questions or investigating the motives behind such wars. I am not trying to insult you or belittle what you have went through, just why?
You assume i'm a coward, why is that? because I am not in the military? By that logic i'd rather be labeled a coward.

Wiki -
Cowardice is a vice that is conventionally viewed as the corruption of prudence, to thwart all courage or bravery. Cowardice may be considered to be prudence that does not take consequences to their furthest extent. Genuine cowardice is almost universally frowned upon (see Universal norms and norms) within most, if not all global cultures, while courage is generally rewarded and encouraged.

"We soldiers do not like war, but we join up so people like you can enjoy the lattes and whatever else you might like.

I dont drink Tea, I dont drink Coffee, people like me........ well you know what they say about assumption. Please dont judge someone by their ability to type a few words, lol just laughing at the image of me drinking a latte

"You cannot even begin to imagine what those people in Iraq went through under Saddam and until you been over there you never will. "

Probably not, but there are many approaches that could have been tried before your government deciding to take it of their own accord to interfere for many questionable reasons.

"So do us soldiers a favor and never say what you feel in front of us. We hate jail just as much as war."

Lol so much anger but i think your targeting the wrong person here, maybe towards those in control?

Anyway I dont mean to offend your beliefs, I just feel strongly on it because if I can see through the B.S, I want to know why Americans cant.
I'm not from your country but at least I care what happens to it and its people. Right?

Peace and good luck in life

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
We are going to have burning the Bush day here in CA...

Piss and fire baby!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The facts are there. You are using feelings and emotion get in the way of the truth. War or training deaths arugment falls flat when you are looking at what the goal or mission at the time happens to be. Russia, Iran, oil, stock market, food prices, war, US dollar, gun control, health insurance, all of that is going to take a leader like Bush or McCain to deal with. In the end long after all of us are gone it is my belief that Bush will be seen as a good leader. By the way I have to vanish from time to time as I have a real life outside this ATS world..Try getting one too.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

So would you care to clarify whether your ignorant or a liar, because according to the first post in this thread, you're either one or the other.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
China and Russia - they are pricks

I see that you espouse a very sophisticated view of the world. I'm sure that such profound expositions went right above most people's heads!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Posting distorted data discredits yourself and those who you claim to support. I would like for you to acknowledge your error and edit your original post to reflect the accurate data. In the future if you are going to try to use data to prove a point leave it unaltered.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

You see, the problem with that is his point is invalidated if he corrects the data. It's like saying 5 is less than 10, then spending 5 pages arguing that 10 is less than 5.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
The facts are there. You are using feelings and emotion get in the way of the truth. War or training deaths arugment falls flat when you are looking at what the goal or mission at the time happens to be. Russia, Iran, oil, stock market, food prices, war, US dollar, gun control, health insurance, all of that is going to take a leader like Bush or McCain to deal with. In the end long after all of us are gone it is my belief that Bush will be seen as a good leader. By the way I have to vanish from time to time as I have a real life outside this ATS world..Try getting one too.

Dude, ...dude.... You altered numbers. explain please.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

The sad part is his strategy works. Present bs data as fact. People then quote it as fact without ever even checking the source. How many people have responded that clearly assumed the data to be correct.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
People calm down. I'm reading alot of personnal attacks against other members. Debate the facts not the member. Thanks.

gallopinghordes
Forum Mod

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
kcfusion I did question why we went to war as did most of my company. Then we got deployed and saw what was really going on over there and then we realized why we are there. Most Soldiers do not blindly follow orders, we have our own mind and we use it.

As far as where my anger is coming from. I do not doubt one bit that what I did over there was the right thing and would do it again when told to. My anger comes from your post. If you have nothing against Soldiers then you need to watch how you talk because that was anti Soldier from start to finish.

As far as you being a coward. In my book you are a coward when you attack a Soldier for doing what was needed so that they could come back home alive.

Someone like you will never understand where I'm coming from so in all actuality this post is pointless.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Perhaps you missed the previous post calling to end the personal attacks?

Please debate the topic and not each other.

This is a last warning. Further Off Topic posts will be removed.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
kcfusion I did question why we went to war as did most of my company. Then we got deployed and saw what was really going on over there and then we realized why we are there. Most Soldiers do not blindly follow orders, we have our own mind and we use it.

You are right of course, and I realise that 99% of soldiers do what they do in the belief that they are going there to for justice and defence of those who cant defend themselves and I commend that. I do not hate you or any soldier that goes there for those reasons, But I do hate the fact that your government is using you and of course as you said once over there you have no choice but to try to stay alive.

As far as where my anger is coming from. I do not doubt one bit that what I did over there was the right thing and would do it again when told to. My anger comes from your post. If you have nothing against Soldiers then you need to watch how you talk because that was anti Soldier from start to finish.

I apologise if it seemed that way to you but my issue was with how the OP starts a thread defending Bush, backs it up with " I served my Time did you", its people like him that give soldiers a bad name. As you said yourself, you went for the right reasons, but you came back knowing that your government lied to you. The OP served his time then comes back, still thinks your government is great, Bush is great and im thinking, my god he's been through all that and still cant see that he's been used by his government. Maybe its just me but it seemed to me like he was bragging about serving his time. I believe soldiers should be honored for their bravery, but feel there's no honor in bragging about it especially when it involves the loss of human lives. I will admit I wrote it in a fury and I apologise for offending you. I am certainly not anti-soldier!

As far as you being a coward. In my book you are a coward when you attack a Soldier for doing what was needed so that they could come back home alive.

I would never attack someone for doing what they needed to survive, but i will attack someone with the OP's attitude, not someone with the right attitude to it all. Like yourself. ~And I dont mind been called a coward, I could try to defend myself to the hilt with words but as you know its actions when the shtf that determines courage.

Someone like you will never understand where I'm coming from so in all actuality this post is pointless.

No, this post is not pointless, thank you for sharing your experience with me and your thoughts. You have taught me that just because I hate the reasons behind the fake wars, it is no reason to hate the soldiers who are unwittingly sent to them. So I humbly accept my humility and say THANK YOU for this.

Please dont take a few words in anger and think Someone like me would never understand, I understand too much and thats where my problem is. To me you are my brother and if your ever coming over this direction let me know and you can knock me out but only after we're full to the neck with Guiness of course

[edit on 22-8-2008 by kcfusion]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
lol just noticed you got deducted points as well, I was thinking I was a great lad with my 80 points Damn!

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

No problem, I get heated on the subject. Didn't really think that last post was a personal attack though. More of an explanation. I'm fairly new and didn't even realize there was a point system.

I would post about the thread topic, but I seem to have forgotten what it was about.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ah, heck! I wanted to comment.....but got sidetracked by all of the personal sniping!!

I will have to go back to the OP to understand EXACTLY why bashing the 'bush' is wrong.....I do NOT mean that in a sense other than.....can't talk about a sitting pres, without drawing attention.....which I likely just did...oh, well....

Just reading the 'headline' of this thread.....why is it 'wrong', OP, to have an opinion?

Many who are reading may not live in the USA, so let's remember that fact. (For clarity....yes, born and raised in the US)

There are quite a few people, in all seven continents, who happen to think that GWB may not be one of the best 'presidents' to have served in the annals of US history.

There are questions about (A) his 'election' in the year 2000....and (B) his 're-election in the year 2004....and, questions about who is actually "controlling" him....

So, 'bashing' "BUSH" is not 'wrong', when done properly.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snappahead

i agree with some points you made.

There's really no such thing as Democrat or Republican anymore in this country. It's about one thing: Power.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Unfortunately, you contradict yourself. You say that most soldiers do not follow orders blindly, but you did just that. You followed an order to illegally invade a country, then, by your own admission, you murdered, justifying it to yourself as "he was trying to kill me". As is any man would not defend his home against foreign invaders.

There is no cowardice whatsoever in calling out the facts...and the fact is, innocents from both countries are losing their lives (literally and figuratively) for something that is no other than blindly following orders.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Originally posted by jd140

Unfortunately, you contradict yourself. You say that most soldiers do not follow orders blindly, but you did just that. You followed an order to illegally invade a country, then, by your own admission, you murdered, justifying it to yourself as "he was trying to kill me". As is any man would not defend his home against foreign invaders.

There is no cowardice whatsoever in calling out the facts...and the fact is, innocents from both countries are losing their lives (literally and figuratively) for something that is no other than blindly following orders.

Hmm now I'm a murderer. Anyone else feel the need to vent their frustrations out on someone? I'm open for buisness, no back talk, no name calling. I have been warned about personal attacks for calling someone a coward, but it seems that rule applies to me only. So jump on in. I'm sure someone can do better then calling me a murderer.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join