It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Bashers are WRONG

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
i'd like Bush even more if he'd crush Russia.

Imagine a world where Russia could no longer project it's military influence - Iran, Syria, etc. would have much more trouble getting weapons...

China and Russia - they are pricks and if they were to truly go democratic imagine how much better the world would be.

So you are in favor of being a terrorist nation?

Also, you really think that many of the weapons floating around the middle east arent american made? You think the entire israeli army isnt trained, bought and paid for by your tax dollars?

Also, you are a fool if you think the U.S. could "crush" russia. That theory has worked really well in afghanistan and Iraq, huh?

[edit on 8/21/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
and if it's true that Bush stopped air tankers from being sold to Israel i like him even less.

i mean seriously?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by damagemouse
i'd like Bush even more if he'd crush Russia.

Imagine a world where Russia could no longer project it's military influence - Iran, Syria, etc. would have much more trouble getting weapons...

China and Russia - they are pricks and if they were to truly go democratic imagine how much better the world would be.

That's quite an ignorant post. There needs to be balance in the world, and thank god Russia and China(more later though) is there, so the USA has at least some limitations to its power. I wouldn't be saying this is the USA would be only doing good, but it's not, and it's actually doing a lot more damage internationally than Russia as of late, you should think about that. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
*sniff sniff*

I smell...

The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

This whole entire thread seems to fit into the very first two of the categories laid forth by SkepticOverlord:

-*- mindless repetition of divisive spoon-fed political talking points

-*- patently false information about candidates presented as truth

And yes, the anti-Bush side has been guilty of both on this thread. 1 death by hostile action during the Clinton years? What was Operation Gothic Serpent, a party?

Now granted, the quality and depth of the Original Post was so poor that most of the best words to describe it are forbidden on ATS, it clearly resulted in a whole lot of nonconstructive arguments and political bickering. How many responses now were one-liners that served no purpose except to laugh that the OP hasn't made any new posts yet?

A few people have thrown out the word "shame" now. Shame on us, for failing to heed SO's warning.

As far as I'm concerned, TM actually did win this thread - his data was thoroughly refuted, but he succeeded in smashing through SO's warning and furthering the agenda of Those Who Are Known As "They:"

"They" have a vested stake in an absolute 50/50 split of "conservative" and "liberal" mindsets across the nation.

Has this thread achieved anything less than that?

I think we should re-evaluate who "won" this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Good lord, 4 pages of

Jeez he was shown he was wrong on page 1. Do people really need to continue on saying he posted wrong information when it is clear on page 1?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Only 7392 deaths...

Amazing.... Go Bush

In fact why don't you go tell the families of the dead soldiers, i'm sure they'll love you.

your absolutely right theyre it doesnt matter the number of deaths that doesnt mean anything the facts are he took us to war illegaly to get some oil and it isnt to get freedome to the people over theyre everyone knows its for oil OP face it your supporting a blithering idiot who murders people for stupid oil.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
CONGRATULATIONS on serving ur country, make you feel good did it??? Helping in the killing of innocent men, women and children and leaving a country in a worse state than even under Sadam. Oh and in what way have you served your country????? **SNIP** The only thing you have only served are the war profiteers back pockets! Congrats. How about serving your Country by actually helping those people in Your Country. Volanteer at your local rehab center, bring the local homeless man on the street a sandwich,**SNIP** anything **SNIP**!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Sorry in my rage at the blind ignorance of some people, you for example.
You are right Bush Bashers are Wrong, Bush is only a pawn who's gotten extremely rich from "saving his country" from terrorism, in fact most of his family has! He's the same as you, you're a pawn who "served" his country, you're just a less important, though vital pawn nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

You miss the point. The servicemenand women who gave their lives in Iraq were all unnecessary. The war was one of the biggest blunders in the history of the USA, This leaves the US military at a great disadvantage. The Russians know this and proved it by invading Georgia after their president sent his military into a break away province. All the US can do now is sabre rattle while the Russian Bear laughs.

The neo-cons and their "slam dunk" strategies did a great diservice to our military and our country. By the way I hope your not draft age beacuse McCain will reinstitute the draft if he becomes President.

USAF Retired

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

It's like.....the 'right wing' (whatever that is) who will wish to support ANY Republican.....regardless....by 'skewing' whatever numbers they can find, to amaze and confuse the 'sheeple'...(their own term)

Can anyone spell the word 'irony'??

AND, for Rebulicans.....how does Joe Lieberman fit into this whole scenario?? Is he just the relative you don't talk about, hoping he stays in the basement???

Because....word up!! He's out, and causing damage......but I hope McCain picks him as a VEEP, because......

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Uh, where'd the OP go? Some of the Anonymous posts quite reminiscent of the original post, and seem to be the only posts supporting the position declared by the OP. Hmm, maybe it's just me however.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Pathetic.

Although there is actually a sliver lining to all the crap that Bush has done but he is squarely on my list of truly truly evil people. Why? because Bush is a 'new world order' globalist scumbag idealogue. He has sold his soul and probably doesn't even know it. There are other reasons why I believe Bush is evil but that is the MAIN one.

I pray for the man but he is definitely on the wrong side of God's purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's actually rather amusing...the whole Bush/Constitution thing. Yes, the POS violates the Constitution on a daily basis. Democrats try to take your right to bear arms...bottom line, all politicians are out for personal gain and don't have the interest of the people in mind.

This is OUR Country. We vote these people into office to be managers if you will.It all boils down to money, democrat or republican.

No numbers can justify a president. There were too many either way. None was better than the other. 1 death is one too many.

TM, I served too man. But here's the deal, I VOLUNTEERED to serve my country. I chose to do it, no one made me. If you want a pat on the back, go be a doctor. Quit using your service as a foundation for a debate.

Bush is a prick as are all politicians. We are in for a ride no matter who wins the office this time.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
CONGRATULATIONS on serving ur country, make you feel good did it??? Helping in the killing of innocent men, women and children and leaving a country in a worse state than even under Sadam. Oh and in what way have you served your country????? **SNIP** The only thing you have only served are the war profiteers back pockets! Congrats. How about serving your Country by actually helping those people in Your Country. Volanteer at your local rehab center, bring the local homeless man on the street a sandwich, **SNIP** anything really, except your definition of serving your country **SNIP**

I am in the Army and I pray to God that you would never have to live without an army to protect your ignorant, 70's attitude **SNIP**. You can also thank the soldiers for protecting your freedom of speech so you can spew that **SNIP** filth whenever you feel the need. I have been to Iraq and I have killed people who were trying to kill me and I must say that everytime I think about it I feel sick to my stomach. You may not understand this because you are nothing more then a coward who hides behind words on the Internet. We soldiers do not like war, but we join up so people like you can enjoy the lattes and whatever else you might like. You cannot even begin to imagine what those people in Iraq went through under Saddam and until you been over there you never will. So do us soldiers a favor and never say what you feel in front of us. We hate jail just as much as war.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcfusion
CONGRATULATIONS on serving ur country, make you feel good did it??? Helping in the killing of innocent men, women and children and leaving a country in a worse state than even under Sadam. Oh and in what way have you served your country????? Idiot! The only thing you have only served are the war profiteers back pockets! Congrats. How about serving your Country by actually helping those people in Your Country. Volanteer at your local rehab center, bring the local homeless man on the street a sandwich, #ing anything really, except your definition of serving your country Dope!

Im a little bit confuse are you having a go at me because i can assure u i would never go to war or anything like that i dont believe in killing

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Clinton & Bush are both f ups.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Reading through most of this has somehow made me happy today. I guess I am like Ty Cobb in that the more you hate me the more giddy I become.
It is very clear that there are some very smart people on the left and the right on here. Also, I don't believe everything in print, but as you get older you can read between the lines. Oh and before I forget my MOS was 19D. Also, I have learned that the left wing and democrats use sarcasm and a elitists attitude whenever you attack their core beliefs. The right tends to use more facts and less emotion. I think that all boils down to a left brain right brain type of person. Before I came back to this thread and went through most of the posts I took the time to look at some of the pro Obama threads. I understand that most of this anger towards Bush comes from frustration, but to honestly believe that the war in Iraq was about oil is to not see the big picture. WMD were found in Iraq, Sadam had used chemical weapons in the past on the Kurds and Iran. So the left crying about no WMD makes them liars. If this war was about oil why are we paying more and Iraq is getting rich. We could have seized and kept the oil fields easily if it were about that. The truth is we put brave men and woman in the middle of a rats nest, and let them come to us. It is sad when any US soldier is killed in war or training. But that is what the military is about. Risk. It is a dangerous job and if you went into the military for the bonus and a free ride through college not wanting to fight..Tough luck. We have killed tens of thousands of people that wanted to see the US go down. That makes the sacrifice worth it IMHO. I say that as a father. I would proudly support any of my children going into the service, and support any decision my commander and chief made about their welfare. Bush has done a good job in my eyes. He had dealt with more in 8 years than any leader I can think of. He has a higher approval rating than any of the democrat losers in congress or the senate. 30 percent of 300 million people is not that bad. Last I want to say this. I think Obama is a good person with a big heart. I don't believe he has the experience to lead this country through the next 8 years. It is going to take one tough leader to put Russia back in its cage, and get Iran to back away from the brink with Israel. We don't need more social programs unless you are talking about VA. And I think McCain will be able to deal with VA issues from these kids coming home better than Obama. I think Obama will make a great governor of IL someday, I just don't ever see him leading the US. I will bet that in the next few weeks we see Hillary back McCain as well. She wants to run in 2012 and that is the best way for her to win. Thanks for everybody that posted. Even those who hate me. I have to get back to work, and finish this cigar.

PS. Either way I can’t wait for this damn election to come to a end.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
I also have to wonder why mr bush is the most unpopular president in American history??? Why do you think that is? Whatever could he have done to earn that ????

Originally posted by paxnatus
He stood up to an egregious act of terrorism that shocked
the world on September11,2001.

He did not take the popular or easy way out like so many before him did.

and what about all the crimes he's committed?

Invading iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, so why are we there?

Is 9/11 a good enough excuse to kidnap, imprison and torture innocent people?

Is 9/11 a good enough excuse to spy on US citizens ILLEGALLY??

Is 9/11 a good enough excuse to shred the CONSTITUTION???

Is 9/11 a good enough excuse to NOT reign in the oil companies???

Why is it ok for bush supporters to hide behind 9/11 for all the bad things he's done???

Let me throw this on the table
bush does not run the country. We do!!!
He is hired to fulfill the will of the people and not to fulfill his own will.

bush has said the following: "The Constitution is just a g@dam piece of paper". Isn't one his most important jobs to protect the ideals of the Constitution???

why would anyone support this person????? Please give me one legitimate reason that makes all these bad things ok???

[edit on 21-8-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

txmachinegunner - mate, its not only the Iraqis with oil interests getting rich (along with Saudis, Venezuelans, Russians, Iranians, etc.), it is the oil and services companies that are rolling in the cash too. While brave soldiers are paying with their lives, executives in the US that have benefited greatly from the massive injection of public money into fighting the war in Iraq are planning how to spend their record bonuses, and how to support the political machine that lets the "game" continue.

All those people losing their homes right now because they have too much debt - guess who is going to benefit from that? People with disposable cash that can go in and buy a bunch of depressed/distressed properties, thereby taking even more wealth from the middle classes.

Bush is not a republican, Clinton was not a democrat. The sooner you realise that politics in America has become a corrupted game for the nation's elite to see how much money they can screw out of the middle classes, the sooner you will be able to look at the war, the election and the economy for what it is.

I served too - not in the US - but as others have pointed out it doesn't make you any more valuable than anyone else. What it does do is give you a different perspective on what people in the armed forces go through - the mateship that forms, and the understanding that you will always help your friends. Regardless of your politics, if you criticise others for military service, accusing them of being accomplices in corporate murder or whatever, then you really have no idea of what you are on about.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Snappahead]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Do you care to explain why you posted inflated numbers? Surely with that long dissertation you just posted you wouldn't need to alter data to make your point. But it appears that you did in your original post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join