It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George lucas Has broken my heart.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this will be long or short. I just need to get it off my chest before I get lazy again. Before I go easy on Lucas again.

I'm not completely void of guilt in this. I mean - I am bound to eventually see everything Star Wars related. It's like that first taste of the fix. You are never that high again and you crave more. But you see, George Lucas handed out some great stuff with the original Star wars trilogy. I think allot of us are suffering from the new supply.

Those movies had magic in them. Remember? Real color. The world felt lived in. It felt like something we knew we would see. Something familiar but still completely foreign. I was very young when I first saw Star wars and I still get flashes of that now. Those movies have magic in them.

Oh "C.G.I." - you are like a screwdriver that’s being shoved into the wrong screws. A great tool but over used. Don't you remember how much that puppeteer put in to that puppet? Why can't you just make the mouth look better and take the black lines away? You are only a compliment. Why do you have to be everything? Why do you have to be EVERYTHING? There is a big difference. That little kid in me knows the difference.

I fantasised for twenty years between Jedi and the new trilogy about what might happen next. Star wars was cool. So many possibilities. Star wars was dirty and lived in. None of the new stuff feels lived in George.

Just For whatever it matters outside all the important stuff going on in the world.

A poem I think fits from one of the masters:

“Many loved before us, I know that we are not new,
in city and in forest they smiled like me and you,
but now it's come to distances and both of us must try,
your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, that's no way to say goodbye.”

Leonard Cohen.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You get a standing ovation from me.

I agree on every single point. The first three Star Wars movies (they came first, thus they are the first three, don't give me #### about what number they are) were brilliant and strangely relatable. The last three sucked and sucked hard. Too much reliance on CGI, and as I've been saying since then, just because you can doesn't mean you should. Good for you for having special effects capabilities, but they should never ever tell the story for you. Not ever! They can't, won't, and shouldn't even try to replace the plot.

Yoda as a puppet was wonderful. Yoda as CGI was terrible.

Oops-- sorry. I'll stop there, lol. Didn't mean to turn this into my own rant.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I really liked "Star Wars" and "The Empire Strikes Back" was the best one of all. "Return of the Jedi" was good, but it would of been better had Lucas planned to use Wookies instead of Ewoks (to cute). The ending was sappy beyond belief, but there is enough in the movie to give it 3 stars (out of four).
I thought "Phantom Menace" was an entertaining kids movie, but it really did not enhance the story line. "Clones" was the most boring movie with a few chase scenes to try to liven it up. I did not see the third one, and have been told by many it was way over hyped because it was better than "Clones", which is an easy task.
Mr Lucas is in the business to make money, and is churning out a cartoon series. I wonder if his planned live action TV series will be any good when and if it ever gets made.
CGI is interesting when it is needed, but using it all the time takes out the soul of the movie.

new topics

join