It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The freaking ACLU are trying to destroy America it seems like. Our kids can't discuss God in public schools, and now the ACLU wants to remove the In God we Trust from dollar bills. Does anyone remember the kid who got expelled because he wouldn't say the pledge of allegiance to Mexico.
COME ON!! WAKE UP!! THIS IS AMERICA WE"RE TALKING ABOUT!!
Oh yeah, the ACLU wants to end the pledge of allegiance.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'd say the ACLU is pretty low on the list of those that wish to destroy our country...

I'd like to direct you to these 2 posts I've made in other threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you've previously read them, I apologize for the reposts.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

Thanks for pointing those out to me. Dude, that is really freaky..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yes...it is freaky, but do not give in to their fear tactics!
Instead get mad as hell and fight this tooth and nail in every peaceable way we can.

Expose these demons to the light, and they will be defeated.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger23
Our kids can't discuss God in public schools,

Right! This is America! Land of the free and freedom of religion, with no state religion. In homes and churches people can worship whatever God they choose with no fear of reprisals and the children can go to school for an education without having someone else's religion shoved in their face.

and now the ACLU wants to remove the In God we Trust from dollar bills.

Hmmm. Are they going to replace with anything honest like "In the Federal Reserve we Trust," or "In the National Debt we Trust"? How about "In Profit we Trust"? Nah, probably not. Anyway, theoretically the money is legal tender for all American citizens, and not all American citizens believe in God. So all this time a certain percentage of our hard-working, tax-paying citizens have had to use money that says "In God we Trust" when they don't. So we're finally going to fix that and become the country that truly has freedom of religion and no national religion?

COME ON!! WAKE UP!! THIS IS AMERICA WE"RE TALKING ABOUT!!

Yep, sure is. Land of the free, the constitution, land of FREEDOM OF RELIGION which also, by definition, provides the right to have NO religion.
Umm .. could you please tell me why we're yelling?

Oh yeah, the ACLU wants to end the pledge of allegiance.

Really? The whole thing? Seems like we could just change it again, or maybe go back to the ORIGINAL .. which read:

I pledge allegiance to my Flag, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all.

Source

Do they think we don't have liberty and justice for all anymore, or what? That might be true, you know...

Huh? Where's the "under God" part? Oh, they didn't add that until the 4th revision in 1954. It wasn't in the first three versions. Odd that our founding fathers didn't seem to think it needed to be there, but Eisenhower did.

Well, I seem to have run out of your post and still haven't quite figured out what the point was .. ?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranger23

They don't want religion to be taught as fact, which I agree with because school should be able hard facts not personal beliefs that vary from person to person.

Removing the "In God We Trust" from our currency doesn't exactly seem like a threat to destroy America to me at all. Every person in this country has to use these bills and it's a bit presumptuous to say we all trust in god, you know? It's kind of like the separation of church and state.

Edit: Damn, Heike beat me to it.. :/

[edit on 20-8-2008 by indivisible]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranger23

FYI, the "In God We Trust" thing was put there in 1956, but was discussed a lot since 1865, when eleven Protestant denominations mounted a campaign to add references to God to the U.S. Constitution and other federal documents. I must ask, which God are they talking about? as there are two distinct ones in the Bible, the Old Testament God, and the New Testament God, which are clearly different. Many Christians have tried to convince me that America is a Christian Nation, but really, how can that be said when there are so many denominations and religions here? I cannot say with my heart, "take it off," or, "leave it on."

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Tell you what.

You teach religion in school, by which you mean christianity, and I'll come over to your church and teach science. Scratch that, how bout I'll teach constitutional law. Looks like a refresher might be good for every one.

Deal?

[edit on 8/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

new topics

top topics

join