posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:38 PM
Gosh, I really thought that the Dutch were narrowminded. Americans are obviously worse ....
Listen bro, YES he stepped one or twice on the line YES YES YES.
However consider this:
1. Did he step on the line in such way that he gained an advantage over, or obstructed his competitors in order to get to second place? No, if he
didn't scratch the line with the outside part of his shoe would still have finished second and therefore he DESERVES the silver metal.
2. Did he cheat by taking performance enhancing drugs to knowingly and unfairly gain physical advantage over his competitors? No, the guy is 100%
clean and has worked his @$%# off run the race of his life.
3. Is (whatever his name is that was gifted second place) really the second fastest athlete of the world on the 200m sprint? No, he's the fourth
fastest and maybe deserves a wooden medal if anything.
4. Does America really CARE about silver medals? NOBODY in the US will remember (what's his name) after 6 months from now. Churandy's silver medal
would have been this nation's single greatest sports achievement by an individual athlete EVER!
5. "Rules are rules". Please read this story
yourself if "rules" really should always "be rules". That's why in this world we have judges, that's why we have juries, that's why whe have
words like "sportsmanship" that's why we are humans and not robots.
My guess is that not only Martina but also (what's his name) is feeling pretty bad right now. So nobody really wins.
But who cares right? "The rules are the rules" lol
Does America really still wonder why the anti-america feelings are increasing at such pace in the world? If you want to be "the world's greatest
country" than ACT like it .... in all senses.
Congratulations with your well deserved silver medal. Peace.