It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I usually don't want to think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I wonder why? There's a good reason for that, but that reason itself is something entirely different from what people normally think about things like these. It has nothing to do with ignorance or subjective world view, but has everything to do with reality as I see it. I'm not dumb, but not a genius either.

The thing is that I have been diagnosed a sleep disorder, but that disorder itself is simply a sympton of another disorder. In a way, its like a domino-effect. I'm not going to disclose everything, suffice it to say that whenever I try to sleep, I cannot possibly stop thinking. That makes sleeping next to impossible.

This is a problem for me, a serious one. I could handle a sleep disorder because pills could take care of it. What I cannot handle however is how I should react when my interests include chess, poker, philosophy, psychology, physics, theology, some computer games and so on. Not that these are subjects I do all day, women, some sports, painting (the arts, usual stuff), music and movies are fine too.

So how am I supposed to try and heal myself when all I care about is how things actually work around globe? My doctor told me to think less during days, but then what am I supposed to do since I really cannot do _anything_ without realizing at least something. I once tried doing simpler things but that just led to depressive moods without any feeling of fulfilment. I'm not a perfectionist either, like I ever care to citate sources that much or to complete my arguments either (I do, but its rare).

%#ยค( impossible paradox.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Perhaps it's depression. Often times when I don't want to think it's usually because I'm depressed. I don't know why I get depressed at times. Usually I'm depressed because I feel sad... yet I just don't know why I feel sad... because then I feel really sad and I just don't feel like doing anything. Just think about positive things. That should help. That's the best advice I can give.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

It could be depression. Eh... my advice is to get really into football season this fall. That should help get you focused and also give you a break from thinking about complex subjects like theology, philosophy etc.

ANSWER: Football.
It's entertaining.. complex enough for the intellectual, but still perfect for the knucklehead.

If you have trouble sleeping maybe you should request to become an Archivist. We've got plenty of work to keep ya busy!

new topics

join