It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW111

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi all, my feelings on the long standing rivalry/ aggression between the US and Russian are that they are going to come to a head very soon. The US has never been weaker financially, or so militarily overstretched for a long time, and conversely Russia has never been more financially secure over the same time period. I suspect that Russia will instigate WW3 soon, as there might never be a better time for them to do this, with any real hope of winning. Given that the US might have the edge with smart weapons, would that not encourage Russia to strike first with Nukes and eliminate that superiority ? Dangerous days indeed. Thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
wouldn't it be great if both side pulled their heads out of thier butts and realized there is no "winner"in war. Only people who don't get screwed as bad as others. Sure a select few get rich, but at what price. Sell out your country, friends, God. I have said it before, wars should be faught with sticks in an arena an by the people who want to wage it, not their soldiers.
The only thing dumber than starting a war is sticking you hand into a running fan to find out if it hurts.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hy

tonight I heard in the news that the U.S.A will put some weapons (rockets) to Polen. (sorry my gramma :duh
They will make a "shield" so some rockets from Russia can´t crash into America...

Nice or?

Nia

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
its world war III not world war 111.

World war three not world war one hundred and eleven!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
111 couldn't be that far away if it keeps going like this.

but anyway i think Russia won't be instigating a war any time soon, if you look at the big picture, Russia was right in every way on there attack on Georgia. it's not a sixteenth as bad as what we did to Afghanistan and Iraq. fox and cnn should just cancel themselves at this point, i think the only reason anybody watches is for shock value, or they're too numbed to realize anymore.
gad dammit im about to go starve myself in D.C. on sep. 17th to see if we can get some change around this place.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

Russia instigate? The neocons are the one's poking the bear in the nose. If anything, the neocons want to provocate/false flag. They will be the death of us all.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mainer
its world war III not world war 111.

World war three not world war one hundred and eleven!

You are of course correct, sloppy thinking and typing

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by big gee

Russia instigate? The neocons are the one's poking the bear in the nose. If anything, the neocons want to provocate/false flag. They will be the death of us all.

I meant Russia initiate, as in start the first strike, being the best option for them, sorry for typo

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Holy HECK! I missed 109 world wars? When did this happen? What the heck is goin on here?

I thought Russia was in a conflict with Georgia, thats a breakaway republic isnt it? Were not talking about the state of Georgia right?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Actually, if you spend time like I do being an armchair analyst, you'd have noticed that since 2005, the rhetoric coming out of Moscow has been turning more stormy and frightening.

It began small and subversive: The campaign against the oligarchs, wrestling control of BP gas, threats to cut off gas to neighboring countries, bullish moves to sell weapons to American enemies, Putin menacing speeches and tsarist ambitions, assassinations of journalists and defectors.

Then on Aug. 8, Russia opened its can o' worms. And now all bets are off.

As many of you know, Russian media has been largely neutered and is now state controlled. So much for the hope of a free Russia.

But because it's state controlled, you can gauge how dangerous they've become by reading their news.

Check out the Pravda website -- the largest English Language Russian news source. The stories are beligerant, anti-American (so much for that rosy partnership), and chalk full of statements made by Russian military leaders that bring me to feel Russia is really, and truly, planning to go toe-to-toe with us in the near future.

Poland aside, I think Russia is being run by thier own version of neo-cons who see opportunity and blood in the water to move forward with their imperial agenda.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The quote "if you don't know the past, you don't know the present" works really well for this thread. Humans need to slaughter eachother on massive scales comes up every now and then. Maybe this truly might be "the war to end all wars." After we kill millions we might concentrate our energy on cool things like teleporting, space travel, and super delicious steak.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by behindthescenes

Reading that news website sure gives you a look at how biased our news is.

Then agian you also have to give in to the faxt everyone is biased in someway!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't mean to be an ass here but Pravda is a State run paper that voices are those of the State.

Meaning the new source is run by a bunch of Communists!

Russia silenced free thinking news agency several years ago under Putins term as Prez to control anti government propaganda or the truth in the news.

But if you like Pravda's spin on things so be it, I am not here to judge anyone.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

Well, I hate to state the obvious but the american media is just as controlled if not more so.
I remeber being introduced to CNN around the time of the first gulf war and the amount of bs and propaganda was both scary and hilarious.
And now you have fox news!

Oh yeah, we get an hours worth of ABC news on the BBC once a week which is consistently comical.
Your news media is a laughing stock, worldwide.

People in glass houses.....

[edit on 20-8-2008 by the way]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by big gee

Well it certainly would take everyone's focus off the election, get everyone scared and then be dependent on the government to "save us!"

Perhaps a big psychological game to detract us from rebelling or starting a revolution?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
I don't mean to be an ass here but Pravda is a State run paper that voices are those of the State.

Meaning the new source is run by a bunch of Communists!

Russia silenced free thinking news agency several years ago under Putins term as Prez to control anti government propaganda or the truth in the news.

But if you like Pravda's spin on things so be it, I am not here to judge anyone.

You are absolutely correct, and that's my point about reading Pravda. The rhetoric has become much more virulent and threatening in recent months. You want hints as to what Russia may do, read their state-run papers.

new topics

top topics

join