It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Jackson on a dollar bill--contradictory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Andrew Jackson was fervently opposed to paper money.

Isn't this horribly contradictory? Who's childish idea was it to put possibly the most famous anti-paper currency presidents on a paper currency issue?

[edit on 8/20/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I would call it delightfully ironic personally. Jackson was a bit of a nutcase anyway, maybe this is kind of a posthumous stab at him.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
they just put him on there to disgrace him and show the people they won in 1913 and bought the US...

he is rolling in his grave

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"Bankers are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out & by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our central bank system, there would be a revolution before morning. If the central bank continues to control our currency, receiving our public monies, & holding thousands of our citizens in dependence, it would be more formidable & dangerous than the naval & military power of the enemy. It is not our own citizens only who are to receive the bounty of our government ... More than 8 million dollars of the stock of this bank are held by foreigners ... Is there no danger to our liberty & independence in a bank that in its nature has so little to bind it to our country? If government would confine itself to equal protection, and, as Heaven does its rains, shower its favor alike on the high & the low, the rich & the poor, it would be an unqualified blessing."
~ President Andrew Jackson, 1829-1837

Originally posted by iceofspades
Andrew Jackson was fervently opposed to paper money.

More specifically, he was vehemently opposed to a privately owned central bank ... he wanted a publicly owned central bank. www.my2012.4t.com... (all the quotes are at bottom of page). For his anti-Bank of England views and resisting the Bank of England founding a privately owned bank in the U.S., there was an assassination attempt on his life ... but two derringers misfired. Lincoln wasn't so lucky when he issued publically-owned greenbacks; nor Garfield, who opposed the Fed being privately-owned; nor Kennedy, who printed billions of publically-owned $2 bills that angered the Fed/City of London. City of London is responsible for murdering Lincoln, Garfield & Kennedy --and for the assassination attempt on Jackson -- they ALL wanted a publically-owned central bank as the U.S. Constitution & related documents mandate.

top topics

join