It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US refuses to sell planes to Israel, fearing strike on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

US refuses to sell planes to Israel, fearing strike on Iran

www.jpost.com

The United States has refused to sell Israel planes out of concern that it might be seen as encouraging an Israeli attack on Iran, Channel 10 reported on Wednesday evening.

During his most recent visit to the US earlier this month, Defense Minister Ehud Barak requested that America sell the IAF several Boeing 767 refueling planes. However, the White House refused, as it was not prepared to seem as though it was aiding a potential attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, the report, which could not be confirmed by The Jerusalem Post, stated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Now, I'd like to see everyone who would have raored into this thread with their "America's love of Zionists is disgusting" antisemetic rhetoric had the US sold these planes to Israel instead come into the thread and kiss a little American ass for a change. Our government declined a sale for profit because they didn't believe the Israelis would use these planes purely as defense and would start a war with them. I think that deserves a little thumbs up.

www.jpost.com

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

With any luck, we'll sell them a few KC-135's. That would work just as well!!! Why we would worry about what looks good to the rest of the world after all we have done to aid our only real friend in the mideast does not make sense. Hell send them our F-22's. That would make me happy!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Starred and flagged .....

finally the US govt has done something Sensible , instead of dancing to Israel's tones

I think that deserves a little thumbs up.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I had heard that recently Israel was removed from the 'friends' list of the United States. I'm not certain how that works, or even if it's just a sham to appease all of the Americans who have been vocally critical of supporting this particular ally to our own detriment.

Even if we don't authorize the sale of the in-air refuelers, we can always support them by simply refueling their aircraft with our own tankers that are already in the area, no?

Of course, they had better charge them as much as they charge us.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

With any luck, we'll sell them a few KC-135's. That would work just as well!!! Why we would worry about what looks good to the rest of the world after all we have done to aid our only real friend in the mideast does not make sense. Hell send them our F-22's. That would make me happy!!

Zindo

Hell send them our F-22's. That would make me happy!!

good to know that people like you would love to sell F-22 to Israel , because then the technology specifications will end up ultimately in the hands of chinese or indians or russians

and soon R & D of F-22 will go waste

Please sell F-22 to Israel ,Israel will surely sell F-22 tech to China and India

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This seems contrary to all the posts about how the US is going to start a war with Iran.

I'd love to hear some of the people who really believe that the US wants to start a war with Iran try to explain this story with something other than it's just disinformation.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
This seems contrary to all the posts about how the US is going to start a war with Iran.

I'd love to hear some of the people who really believe that the US wants to start a war with Iran try to explain this story with something other than it's just disinformation.

Not really, this just means they are going to sell them refuelers. Does Israel already have some? More than likely. So while this is not adding to the fire, it doesn't change much.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There isnt going to be a confrontation with Iran...America has backed away a bit i think..they know it would be disastrous and Israel if sanity prevails know they could not *strategically* bomb irans nuclear reactors with entering a full fledged war which would be a massacre for both sides...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Actually, they already have ten. Seven KC-707/135's and 3 KC-130H's.

While I'd like to believe the administration's trying to discourage the Israeli's, I think they've already got what they need for the job and both sides know it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Did you miss this part of the article?

The IAF has a great need of the planes, as the ones currently used by the air force are extremely old.

It seems like there's been a policy shift of sorts by the US towards Israel. We're still about the only friend they have, but lately we've been cutting them off from weapons systems and only providing them with defensive capabillities. Had Israel demonstrated a defensive need for these planes, I'm sure they would have recieved them. But the fact seems to be that it is no longer in our interest to hand them any more offense tools.

It really makes me wonder what kind of closed doors diplomacy we've been involved in where Iran is concerned. Clearly the rhetoric level between the US & Iran is ebbing on both sides with mostly token "your momma" level barbs being tossed out every now and then between the two sides. That's a major change vs 2 months ago when both sides sounded like they were arrainging an after school brawl behind the high school gym. Meanwhile, Iran & Israel continue to cluck back & forth at each other like old wet hens and I'd expect this development to make that even worse as Iran has to be grinning like a butcher's dog over this and thinking it means Israel would be insane to attack them.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Orrr...
From the conspirators perspective..

Perhaps the U.S KNOWS Israel is going to attack soon and wants to distance itself and look like the innocent party.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Now, I'd like to see everyone who would have raored into this thread with their "America's love of Zionists is disgusting" antisemetic rhetoric had the US sold these planes to Israel instead come into the thread and kiss a little American ass for a change. Our government declined a sale for profit because they didn't believe the Israelis would use these planes purely as defense and would start a war with them. I think that deserves a little thumbs up.

www.jpost.com

Smoke and mirrors my dear friend, smoke and mirrors. That is exactly what this is. The truth movement is responsible for the shift in propaganda, that is all this is.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is quite simply a ploy hatched up by US-Israel. This is just a way to claim innocence when they actually start the offensive on Iran, if anything id be more worried now about an Iran-Israel conflict. Cause you know damn well that we will be fighting in that wa, just not officially.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Right, Isreal is our real friend. Why then did they attack the USS Liberty and kill 147 American service men?

www.ussliberty.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-8-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

may i ask what profit?
when has the US made any profit from the state of israel?
the US gives billions in weapons aid to Israel from the Tax payers in the US
and even then when Israel purchases the toys its using your money and at a discounted price.

in a sense the US gives these weapons for Free

the whole the US is sacraficing profit is jokes

some russian and chineese engineer is prob on the brink of tears

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
PLEASE STOP POSTING ARTICLES

FROM THE JPOST -

IT IS MADE UP PROPAGANDA -

NOT A REAL MAGAZINE -

How many times folks - it is complete BULL!

[edit on 21-8-2008 by audas]

[edit on 21-8-2008 by audas]

new topics

join