It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway: Russia to cut all military ties with NATO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Norway: Russia to cut all military ties with NATO

www.yahoo.com

OSLO, Norway - Norway's Defense Ministry says Russia has informed it that it plans to cut all military ties with NATO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ministry spokeswoman Heidi Langvik-Hansen says the country's embassy received a telephone call from Russia's Defense Ministry on Wednesday, saying Moscow plans "to freeze all military cooperation with NATO and allied countries."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NATO freezes Russian ties over Georgia

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ahh yes, the continuing story building regarding the tension between Nato and Russia. Looks like the Cold War is re-freezing, eh?

Cuhail

www.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8/20/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that this crisis is all manufactured by the PTB, and being nurtured into a new Cold-War

Perhaps the declining U.S. (War) Economy can be propped up a little longer, with the usual suspects benefiting at the expense of Humanity.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Is Norway like NATO's secretary or something?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It is all starting folks. I am always the last person to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, but my heart tells me we are headed for a big conflict. We need to stimulate our economy and Russia is hungry for it's former Super power status. I foresee the days of air-raid drills in schools and bomb shelters in back yards. Maybe it would be a good time to stock up on canned goods and water. God help us all!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Seems to me that the arms dealers haven't been making enough cash recently..
What they need is a superpower vs superpower scare to drum up a little extra business.

Just call me cynical..I bet Bushie and Putitin are having a good old giggle behind the scenes.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I think YOU may be closer to the truth than you think. This may be a NATO-pushing manuver or a Russia-pushing manuver. Either one makes sense.

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The Russians looked for an opportune time to assert themselves. They are poised to control a substantial amount of oil (pipeline from the Caspian Sea to Ceyhan, Turkey).

Perhaps they were waiting for Pervez Musharraf to prepare to resign, as their intelligence service had indicated. That was simply a period of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The Russians have been watching the lead up to the US elections. They see the liberal military weakness clearly. The Russians anticipate their own next move in typical Russian measures. Russia has prepared themselves for their next move, whether the American liberals WIN or LOOSE the November election.

The pretext for American anti-missile systems deployment into Poland is simply an empty vodka glass.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
What they need is a superpower vs superpower scare to drum up a little extra business.

Just call me cynical..I bet Bushie and Putitin are having a good old giggle behind the scenes.

Oh yeah now that would send the dow up 3000 points wouldn't it.
Another temporary fix at the expense of dead people.
Bush and Putin are best buds.
They both worship the devil together and eat baby's.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

That's always a possiblity. But unfortunately Putin and Bush are superpower rivals. Just kicking each other in the balls and poking eachother with sticks.

We "used to be" allies with Russia.

new topics

top topics

join