It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Scientists: We Can 'See' Sound And 'Hear' Light"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Everything that is seen is seen via a brain. No 'thing' can exist without it being experienced. Perhaps you should watch the programme before dismissing it. There is a review online and a catch up if you put 'do you see what i see' into google, it was on BBC Horizon.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

Check out the double slit experiment on youtube. It says nothing exists until a conscious observer looks at it. But this can not be true either, can it? OMG
edit on 28-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Don't know what the fuss is about, maybe just the researchers trying to get attention so it might benefit their careers? The senses are seperate objects which are all connected to this CPU which then creates the imaginary self in an imaginary surroundings, imaginary because it only reflects that which is real. The observer always has a delay because stimuli is being processed and reconstructed in the mind. The brain puts the source of the sound in the room so it already knows where it is relative to the imaginary self then programs it's imaginary self to go to the source of the sound. Maybe I'm missing something but it's never been different as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

If a tree falls down in a wood and there is no one to hear it does it make a sound?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join