It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Trent Reznor Telling Us About Aliens?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by StefanO
i cant really say i know him that well. My ex-girlfriend was his personal assistant. Ive met him numerous times and used to be his personal "handyman" you could say

I don't really have anything to add here but was it necassary to put quotations around handyman? Are you hinting at something here?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

The point is he recorded many albums in that creepy place. Reznor's words:

My awakening about all that stuff came from meeting Sharon Tate's sister. While I was working on Downward Spiral, I was living in the house where Sharon Tate was killed. Then one day I met her sister. It was a random thing, just a brief encounter. And she said: "Are you exploiting my sister's death by living in her house?" For the first time the whole thing kind of slapped me in the face. I said, "No, it's just sort of my own interest in American folklore. I'm in this place where a weird part of history occurred." I guess it never really struck me before, but it did then. She lost her sister from a senseless, ignorant situation that I don't want to support. When she was talking to me, I realized for the first time, "What if it was my sister?" I thought, "# Charlie Manson." I don't want to be looked at as a guy who supports serial-killer bull#. I went home and cried that night. It made me see there's another side to things, you know? It's one thing to go around with your dick swinging in the wind, acting like it doesn't matter. But when you understand the repercussions that are felt ... that's what sobered me up: realizing that what balances out the appeal of the lawlessness and the lack of morality and that whole thing is the other end of it, the victims who don't deserve that.

www.lynchnet.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I remember when 'year zero's viral campaign first came out. About the gov. putting drugs in the drinking water to make the public feel 'drugged' all the time.
The campaign was amazing, including a website of a citizen who stopped drinking the water and posting how he actually felt alive once again. And the great part was the website was designed to feel like you were actually on the drug that was put in the water.

But that was over a year ago, and I have pretty bad memory.

I used to be a huge NIN fan about 12 years ago. But i still think the music is good and Trent defiantly is a truth seeker and an amazing writer.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

He also left memory sticks with the album on it in random places with no indication of what it was to propagate the illicit, "leaked" nature of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

Originally posted by StefanO
i cant really say i know him that well. My ex-girlfriend was his personal assistant. Ive met him numerous times and used to be his personal "handyman" you could say

I don't really have anything to add here but was it necassary to put quotations around handyman? Are you hinting at something here?

Heheheheh....No strange things going on. I used to take care of things around his house, and the led to me also taking care of things around Jeordie's house. I guess they rather paid me, some body they knew, thatn having some starstruck other guys showing up and do the work.

He is a very nice guy, and actually the front door to 10500 cielo drive later was put in use at his 'Nothing" studios in New Orleans.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Do you need a hug?

Hahaha! Not now.

I say that because, well I've always said that, but I think it would be a great thing. It's a double-edged sword really, I love humanity, but I hate our ways of living life. I think the best thing for us is to be destroyed. And what better way to go out than to have an alien kill you.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
IDK if this has been posted but here is the link to the website:

www.iamtryingtobelieve.com...

Just view it with an open mind and pretend that this is really happening to us right now, and if you don't get the chills then you have no imagination!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was happy to see someone started this thread about Year Zero and the various themes in it, developed by Trent Reznor. I have a large interest in this subject matter(EBE's and such) and when I bought Year Zero was psyched to see song titles like "Vessel" and "The Warning." The lyrics to "The Warning" do make it sound like Reznor knows something....maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but it's a great way to put an idea in hundreds and thousands of minds that there may be a reason for some sort of "warning" he or the record label wants the masses to think about. Also, a bit on the other side of the leaf, "Vessel" is f'in awesome!!!! with the different sound effects Reznor uses during the electronic solo. During that part, I can picture myself in a large field fishing at a pond with the wind blowing, and this huuuuuuuuge vessel appears on the ground (as if it has been sitting there cloaked) and grinds, steams and starts up with all these noises and is sooo phenomenal that I cannot move or anything, just being in awe of this magnificent machine. Reznor...keep making those great tunes. Your band is awesome. Ghosts and The Slip are really good too. You people have to give those ones several listens. They get better every time.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
In reply to the original thread, this band, 'Pendulum', seem to have a lot to say about aliens, as well

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

On top of that, they rock, too

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
NIN is one of my fave groups, and Year Zero my favorite album.
If you followed the ARG for Year Zero, there's kind of a back story for the album, relating to the future (and you can see on the packaging of the disc, part of the ARG... )

the ARG itself was an interesting....process. The 'storyline' of Year Zero... I think is amazing.

It may not be prophetic to some, but it could be a close rendition of what we may become in the near future.

from en.wikipedia.org...(alternate_reality_game):

The story takes place in the United States in the year 2022, which has been termed "Year 0", by the American government, being the year that America was reborn. The U.S. had suffered several major terrorist attacks, apparently by Islamic fundamentalists, including attacks on Los Angeles and Seattle. In response, the government granted itself emergency powers and seized absolute control on the country. The U.S. government is now a Christian fundamentalist theocracy, maintaining control of the populace through institutions like the Bureau of Morality and the First Evangelical Church of Plano. Americans must get licenses to marry, bear children, etc. Subversive activities can result in these licenses being revoked. Dissenters regularly disappear from their homes in the night, and are detained in federal detainment centers and sanitariums, if not executed....

and involving the Warning, It may be referring to the giant 'hand' (AKA the Presence) that is portrayed in the ARG.
from www.ninwiki.com...

The Presence is represented as a ghostly arm reaching down from the sky. It was initially thought to be an Opal or Parepin-related hallucination, but this was debunked by people who claim to have seen or been affected by The Presence, but who are not under the effects of Opal or Parepin. It has been suggested, however, that use of Opal or Parepin may intensify or increase the frequency of these encounters. People who have been affected by The Presence have described feelings of intense fear, insignificance, astonishment, and forgetfulness. Whether the Presence is government related or not is disputed. A key note to the information regarding the Presence is that there are pictures documenting the image of the presence. This lends credence to the theory that the Presence is a corporeal entity.

If you want references to UFOs, I'd suggest the song Lights in the Sky off of the newer album The Slip

theslip.nin.com
yearzero.nin.com

I have to say the ARG was an amazing experience. Total way to mess with your mind all right!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I thought Year Zero was about 9/11.

But here's a fun fact for ya that adds to your supposition....

The Year Zero Remix album comes with a DVD-ROM of all the original tracks broken down into their components for you to remix as you like in Garage Band or whatever audio program you use. I bastardized "Vessel" in Garage Band so badly that you can't recognize it, but it's the music bed in this:

www.youtube.com...

It's amazing what you can do with this album.

In any event, the element tracks for the songs on Garage Band have an icon attached to each them (usually an instrument indicating which is on which track). One of them in "Vessel" is a cartoon spaceship. I don't remember the name of the element but it's something like UFO Effect.

I haven't worked with any of the other songs yet so that's all I got.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

You are absolutely right about what you posted. I have tried to tell others as well but I have been met with skepticism and some have embraced it. My advise to you is keep informing people because they have to wake up to what is going to take place if they don't. If you wish to talk more about this you can reach me at [email protected]

Peace

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Resurrecting the thread: I'm pretty sure that the lyrics to The Warning tie directly into one of the album's themes; The Presence as stated above. An arm reaching down from the sky to keep the disobedient in line. However, the image of the hand(The Presence) in and on the album cover you can only see four fingers, which could mean it is some kind of alien origin...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I loved the concept of Year Zero, i thought it was very interesting and peculiar, and it doesn't seem to be far off as far as showing what kind of future we might have.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by snookhums
LOL NIN is one of those bands that should've stopped many albums ago. Just an opinion.

Agreed. Pretty Hate Machine is amazing, and their 90s stuff is good, but nowadays? Bleh.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

I don't know anything about the band or tent, but I just searched this because I had heard somewhere he is in fact an alien. I know it sounds crazy, but Ive learned that alot of things that seem bizzare have turned out to be true. I for one believe it, and I think he's telling the truth. Also, I know 'Victor' was telling the truth and he had the same message. Its killing me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join