It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Warns of response to U.S. shield

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Russia Warns of response to U.S. shield

www.breitbart.com

MOSCOW (AP) - Russia says its response to the further development of a U.S. missile shield in Poland will go beyond diplomacy.
Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying the U.S. missile shield plans are clearly aimed at weakening Russia.

The U.S. says the missile defense system is aimed at protecting the U.S. and Europe from future attacks from states like Iran
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Russia's Foreign Ministry issued a statement saying the U.S. missile shield plans are clearly aimed at weakening Russia.

The U.S. says the missile defense system is aimed at protecting the U.S. and Europe from future attacks from states like Iran

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wow, i wonder what there non diplomic action will be? Maybe an assault on tbilisi, Who knows. Even better again they might pop a nuclear missle up Bush's A hole.. lets wait and see..

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
and how does that make you feel? I don't feel like reading an article unless a poster can give me some sort of idea of its merits. There is just too much to read.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Such comments "border on the bizarre frankly," Rice said, speaking to reporters traveling with her in Warsaw.

"When you threaten Poland, you perhaps forget that it is not 1988," Rice said. "It's 2008 and the United States has a ... firm treaty guarantee to defend Poland's territory as if it was the territory of the United States. So it's probably not wise to throw these threats around."

Speaking to reporters traveling with her, Rice said, "the Russians are losing their credibility."

Poles have been shaken by the threats, but NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop dismissed them Tuesday as "pathetic rhetoric."

(Source: FOX)

The bear is being prodded with a stick.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
Wow, i wonder what there non diplomic action will be? Maybe an assault on tbilisi, Who knows. Even better again they might pop a nuclear missle up Bush's A hole.. lets wait and see..

So do you really want to see the US nuked or is it just satisfying to type Bush's name on a forum to make you cool amongst all the Bush haters?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
well said chips,

the bear is indeed being poked with a stick !!! and its been in hibernation so it pretty grumpy !!!

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips

Such comments "border on the bizarre frankly," Rice said, speaking to reporters traveling with her in Warsaw.

"When you threaten Poland, you perhaps forget that it is not 1988," Rice said. "It's 2008 and the United States has a ... firm treaty guarantee to defend Poland's territory as if it was the territory of the United States. So it's probably not wise to throw these threats around."

Speaking to reporters traveling with her, Rice said, "the Russians are losing their credibility."

Poles have been shaken by the threats, but NATO Secretary General Jaap de Hoop dismissed them Tuesday as "pathetic rhetoric."

(Source: FOX)

The bear is being prodded with a stick.

Take note of the US responce given by Rice,

Notice that NATO is not mentioned at all in defense of Poland, the US directly will respond with no strings attached to NATO if Poland is attacked. This is not up for vote or negotiation, so the liberals over here and in europe can cry and protest all they want, it is a treaty between nations that will be upheld.
This is hardball, plain language with no political mumbo jumbo.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

Originally posted by Truther

So do you really want to see the US nuked or is it just satisfying to type Bush's name on a forum to make you cool amongst all the Bush haters?

???????
Who said anything about the U.S? I said bush.. And why would i be trying to act cool? Dont be an idiot.. Now i didnt call you an idiot. Im just asking you not to be one, ok bye bye then.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The U.S. will continue ahead with the missile shield, and Russia will continue making threats. Sooner or later, one side is going to have to take some action. Either the US backs down on the implementation of the missile shield, or Russia backs up it's rhetoric with action.

I think it goes without saying that any action on Russia's part will be military in nature, as any economic action will abruptly be met with US military action, so it's a "skippable" step.

This missile shield situation can do nothing but deteriorate from here. I have a feeling things are going to get very interesting, very quickly.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This could escalate into Russia deploying missile bases in Cuba , or even Venezuela . Leading the world back to the cold war days.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The US should back down and shut up, and stop poking the bear... The US has caused enough trouble for the last couple of years and should stop trying to annoy everyone.

I for one am sick of the US acting like they're the rulers of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

BREAKING - SKY TV - AP: Norway's Defence Ministry says Russia has said it will cut all military ties with NATO.

Is this the 'response' they were referring to?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips

BREAKING - SKY TV - AP: Norway's Defence Ministry says Russia has said it will cut all military ties with NATO.

Is this the 'response' they were referring to?

I'm inclined to think that the 'response' they refer to is going to be a little more stern than simply cutting military ties with NATO.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
The US should back down and shut up, and stop poking the bear... The US has caused enough trouble for the last couple of years and should stop trying to annoy everyone.

I for one am sick of the US acting like they're the rulers of the world.

Thank you my friend, well said.. A bazillion stars and flags for you!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I agree. Now that they have cut ties it is time to...what? I do not know. But we can thank the neocons for arming/training/sponsoring terrorism in Georgia, and then talking smack in the aftermath. They will be the death of us all.

link   
Most, if not all Nukes from Russia heading to the US would come over the North Pole and through Canada. Missiles from the Middle East would come across Europe.

If you look at a map, and take into account the curvature of the planet (I guess a globe would be better) it is clear that these interceptors are indeed meant to counter projectiles from the Middle East.

Russia is just beating its chest.

link   
reply to post by Unit541

Mm.

Yes, unfortunately, I think you might be right.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by Unit541

I agree. Now that they have cut ties it is time to...what? I do not know. But we can thank the neocons for arming/training/sponsoring terrorism in Georgia, and then talking smack in the aftermath. They will be the death of us all.

Why? Do you think theres a step after cutting ties with nato, What would say is the next step?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by crisko
Most, if not all Nukes from Russia heading to the US would come over the North Pole and through Canada. Missiles from the Middle East would come across Europe.

If you look at a map, and take into account the curvature of the planet (I guess a globe would be better) it is clear that these interceptors are indeed meant to counter projectiles from the Middle East.

Russia is just beating its chest.

True. I saw that explanation on CNN. But the question remains, why do it? Russia may feel the shield is offensive and not defensive, which is probably a legitimate gripe. And why, as far as the US side, if it cannot catch missiles coming from the North...it must be an offensive weapon. The neocons arent going anywhere. They are in this for the death of us all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join