It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is everything that we dont think not real until we think about it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Is anything real in this world like for instance this keyboard im typing on is it real i cant prove it really so there fore its not real until proven real.

"If a tree falls and nobody is around to hear it did it just happen"

so for me to create something i have to think about it because otherwise it wouldnt exist so everything that im not thinking or if noone is thinking of the same thing it doesnt exist because we are the only ones who can create things through our mind so nothing REALLY exists for sure.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Surely i cant be the only one who think that maybe nothing exists unless we make it real.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
no it doesnt to you...without being conscious of the keyboard it does not exist...but you can presume it exists (via everytime you look down its there) but until you actually look it doesnt...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I kinda agree with you, Billy, but maybe not for this earthy dimension...maybe not...reality here maybe too dense just to be held in belief and imagination. Certainly in spiritual terms, I've suspected for a while that what exists is only what we believe, which would make all belief systems fundamentally correct...for the individual holding that faith. And if we believe nothing, then we get nothing....

Interesting thread...I hope you get more replies.

Cait

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thank you for the good replies btw

But i was thinking the other day what exists like where i am right now if it does exist why does it exist do i make it exist or what

Ye is suppose it would make all our belief systems correct

i dont know but it would also make me correct right

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thank you for the good replies btw

But i was thinking the other day what exists like where i am right now if it does exist why does it exist do i make it exist or what

Ye is suppose it would make all our belief systems correct

i dont know but it would also make me correct right

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

You know, Billy, I have actually thought about this too. I would like to think, though, that the hate in the world doesn't exist so it would cease to exist. I wonder how existance works for sure? Does existance exist? Okay, I won't mess with your head like that.

Good post,

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
does ATS exist and you telling me that existence doesnt exist exist so does ATS exist

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well, being Christian I believe everything that is supposed to exist does exist.

God is everything and everywhere, and thus if somebody is thinking of God everything must exist. And even in the back of my mind I always know God exists.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What about if theyres a God does he have a God in which he worships

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What is that a quantum thought?
I wish this were true, but unfortunate not. As much as I try to forget about my debt, the bill collector keeps calling.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Id freak out if you kept trying and he just disapeared wouldnt you

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well, it is scientifically acceptable to theorize that when nobody looks at the moon it does not exist.

At least in this book

Ah wait, here another link: www.drury.edu...

Physicists do Ontology: "Does the Moon exist when we're not looking?" (The Bohr vs. Einstein debate over nonlocal vs. local reality and the EPR paradox [Peat, ch. 4, "Bohr vs. Einstein"])

Einstein resists q.m. because of its probabilistic character ("God does not play dice," to quote the famous phrase), and because both the epistemology and ontology of the Copenhagen Interpretation clashed with his classical (Newtonian) belief regarding the essential separateness of subject and object - and the belief that an external reality does exist, independent of the subject/observer:

This reality of Einstein's is known as a "local" reality. Each system or object can be defined and understood in its own particular region of space. Objects have their own independent existence, and if they change, then it must be as the result of interactions or forces acting from outside. These forces can also be defined in an objective way through the laws of nature. There are no mysterious "actions at a distance," no mystical influences. Objects possess properties, Einstein said. They move along paths; their fates are determined.
But then Bohr and Heisenberg came along with complementarity and the uncertainty principle. They denied that the electron has a path, or even that it possesses any intrinsic properties like position and velocity. In fact, they seemed to be saying that the only reality one can talk about lies in the mathematical equations, and that there is no point in trying to construct mental models of the quantum world. To Einstein this was a "tranquilizing philosophy" (as he put it in a letter to Schrödinger), a metaphysical approach to the world that induced a sleep of the mind by smothering questions about the ultimate nature of the quantum world. The Copenhagen interpretation was nothing more than "a soft pillow on which to lay one's head"; it was not a true theory of nature or an attempt to engage reality face to face, but an encouragement to daydream. (69)

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Harman]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall

Hi...you might find some answers to your questions on this blog

greengaze.blogspot.com...

Thank you very much for the link

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
everythihng in this world does exist! i was telling my friend the other day about lights i seen that someone shone up into the sky and she told me how she seen them too. If they didnt exist then neithrer of us would have seen them, or if they didn't exist and i made them exist by creating it in my head then why did she see the exact same thing?? millions of people see the exact same things because we see things that exist, because we ourselves exist and our able to see them! Then again....perhaps nothing exists and i made everything up in my life, including writing this.
I'm soo confused!
Am i real? what am i? why have i got hands, a nose a mouth? what is the world? how can i see it? why do we exist? do we exist? what is god? is he real? no1's ever gona know!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

you are a spiritual being having a human experience

everything is an illusion

top topics

join