It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Any One Remember This UFO Footage???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't have the video but I will describe it. The footage was taken by an astronaut from aboard a space shuttle in space. The footage shows from a distance, an object going in one direction, and then clearly turning around and going the opposite direction. I have no idea why this video has never been brought up, or talked about more here on ATS. I only know of it because they showed it in an episode of The Universe (I think) on the history channel. I have never seen UFO footage as convincing as that one, if anyone knows what video I am talking about please post it, because I love to see it again.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Hi, Alex

Perhaps you mean the STS 48 UFO incident:

Description of Events

On September 15, 1991, between 20:30 and 20:45 Greenwich Mean Time, the TV camera located at the back of Space Shuttle Discovery's cargo bay was trained on the Earth's horizon while the astronauts were occupied with other tasks. A glowing object suddenly appeared just below the horizon and "slowly" moved from right to left and slightly upward in the picture. Several other glowing objects had been visible before this, and had been moving in various directions. Then a flash of light occurred at what seemed to be the lower left of the screen; and the main object,
along with the others, changed direction and accelerated away sharply, as if in response to the flash. Shortly thereafter a streak of light moved through the region vacated by the main object, and then another streak moved through the right of the screen, where two of the other objects had been. Roughly 65 seconds after the main flash, the TV camera rotated down, showing a fuzzy picture of the side of the cargo bay. It then refocused, turned toward the front of the cargo bay, and stopped broadcasting.

/3p8mac

NASA STS-48 U.F.O

Links:

Space Shuttle Discovery Mission STS-48 - TinWiki entry

A New Look at the Evidence Supporting a Prosaic Explanation of the STS-48 "UFO" Video

Chronology of Anomalous Events during STS-48 Shuttle Mission

Commentary on the STS-48 Video: A Closer Look, and Second Thoughts

Digital Video Analysis of Anomalous Space Objects - The STS-48 Video (PDF)

Examination of Object Trajectories in the STS-48 "UFO" Video

Losing the Signal - Proof That Time Stamps on the STS-48 Video Released by NASA Are Phony

Proof of the Prosaic Nature of the STS-48 Zig-Zag Video (Skeptical)

Response to NASA's James Oberg's Analysis of STS-48 Video

Star Wars Over Australia?

Discussions on ATS:
NASA STS-48 UFO Video

NASA Space Shuttle - STS footage & Strange Objects

USA shots laser at UFO video

Aurora video?

Firing at UFO's

STS-48 Mission on video.

UFO?s Prominent in Space

Looking for Some Footage

UFO Articles on AboveTopSecret.com

Space Shuttle Discovery Mission STS-48 Captures Potential UFOs on Film

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually that does not seem to be the footage I saw. They are very similar however, the footage I saw is of something going in one direction, slowing down a bit, and then turning around to go the opposite direction. I haven't seen it in a very long time though.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

nice work on that post brother

yeah notice how the controllers of earth try to shoot down the UFO?

smart humans huh

our leadership is evil/dumb as dirt

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Actually that does not seem to be the footage I saw. They are very similar however, the footage I saw is of something going in one direction, slowing down a bit, and then turning around to go the opposite direction. I haven't seen it in a very long time though.

I'm sorry, then

Another footage that comes in mind would be the STS-80 one:

Ed. to add: it starts at approx. 1:28

[edit on 20/8/2008 by internos]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Actually that wasnt it either lol. Both of those videos you showed are pretty damn convincing though. I guess the one I'm looking for is pretty rare

new topics

top topics

join