It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! nYk537 to have a son!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That's right boys and girls. My wife and I found out we were expecting again a little while ago, and she just called from the doctor to give me the news!

It's a boy! The little guy is due in February and I'm sure we'll be debating names tonight when I get home.

Just thought I'd share my joy!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Congrats. Boys are, um, well, they keep you on your toes.

Great news.

when the conversation turns to names, Crakeur is one you might want to toss out there for discussion.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Congrats!!!

Name him after me, though, and he'll always have the "Cool" name!

Cuhail

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Awww congratulations nyk
What wonderful news!

Please do let us know what you decide to name him, or even how the debate on what to name him goes, I am always curious as to why people name their babies their names and how they come to the decision that it is right for their lil one.

Bless.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks guys! I'll keep you updated on what we land on, although I'm sure the wife already has some things planned. (That's what they do).

I don't know how well Crakeur will go over, but I'll give it my best.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Congrats, nyk537!!! Little boys are very precious, best of luck to you and your wife.

I'm just going out on a limb here, I thought I'd save LordI and Jedi the trouble and guess that they will say.....

LordI: "...name him Lord-baby"
Jedi: "...name him Jedi-baby"

Purely speculation, of course....

Rush

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Awesome dude...

Thank you for sharing this. Children are the purest form of love.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

You're right 100%.

My wife and I have a daughter who will turn 2 in a couple of weeks, and I was partially hoping for a son this time. (Although another daughter would have been a wonderful blessing!). I look forward to sharing my super intellect with him and teaching him in the ways of being an Eagles fan.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

there goes the supprise when the kids born

congrats

they are bundles of joy untill they get older

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Congratulations, this is a great way to make new ATS members.

I've heard it's easier to raise boys when they get older.
With a boy you only have one penis to worry about, but with girls you have to worry about every penis on the planet.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Looks like 2009 is the year for boys.
CONGRATS!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

What can I say except

OUTSTANDING

Always wanted a Son, but two girls is what I got...

You are one lucky man...

Semper

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey,thats great news.
Congrats!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Congrats!!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537 I look forward to sharing my super intellect with him and teaching him in the ways of being an Eagles fan.

The first word our sprog learned to spell....

Me: Okay kiddo, time to practice our spelling!
Her: *top of toddler lungs* E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!

You know they do make wee pink Eagles baseball caps, right? Better get to teaching that little girl of yours the way of the Birds.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Congrats perhaps the naming of the boy can be a topic for a debate tournament. That way there could be no arguments with your wife .
lol

Keep us posted .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind words everyone, it really means a lot. And you can bet when the little guy gets old enough, he'll be right here as well at ATS.

Here's hoping we're all still active around here by then.

Oh, and anachryon, rest easy....My little girl is a huge Eagles fan already. She wears her jersey on game days, and plays with her Eagles football every day. She even got a membership to the Eagles Kids Club for Christmas last year.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Excellent news be sure and give her LOTs of good massages everynight and she will be the most happy and glowing mom ever!

As for baby names, that is a trip all of its own, best to narrow it down to the top 3 or 4 and then make the final decission after you see your little miracle.

If you are at a loss the name can always be after one of your grandparents or even Dads. If they have odd names using your own and putting a II behind it is always good, a namesake always seems to be endearing to all.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think we have settled on a couple of names that we really like.

We both really like Tyler, which is my brothers middle name. Nicholas is a choice as well, which is my middle name.

My wife actually suggested using them both, as in Tyler Nicholas Roberts.

So we'll see where it goes.

Giving someone a name they will live with forever is a daunting task. I don't remember having much trouble with my daughter though.

:bash:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

JMO of a great name and middle name for a boy, not common either, is Kent James. It just flows nicely. Sounds like the Chairman of the Board.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Bombeni]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join