It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery surrounds humming noise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Obscure reference moment:
This reminds me of the movie "What Planet Are You From? "
With Gary Shandling an alien looking for sex.

A highly-evolved planet, whose denizens feel no emotion and reproduce by cloning, plans to take over Earth from the inside by sending an operative, fashioned with a humming, mechanical penis, to impregnate an earthling and stay until the birth.
IMDB

Maybe there are a lot of these guys in the fields getting "warmed up"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Here is the link (its a bbc report)
www.youtube.com...

Any good recordings available ?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That's really my thoughts as well. A while back I discovered this..

www.vlf.it...

It's extremely interesting to read, and many of the anomalous results seem to cause him to conclude, at least, that due to the structure and nature of these VLF sounds that they could be involved with some kind of man-made experimentation. But why into the ground??

If I'm not mistaken, I do believe HAARP can also create humming noises like this. I think I heard about this in a recent youtube video..

And low frequency sounds have been discovered many times just before major earthquake events. Although I don't even know if its possible for people to hear a constant hum for days on end before an earthquake. At least I've never heard of such a thing.

There could be health concerns other than simply being driven nuts by a constant hum. I don't think people really fully appreciate the adverse health effects of long-term exposure to ELF and/or VLF frequencies. And since we can't hear these frequencies it makes you wonder. But just because these people are actually hearing an audible hum doesn't mean that the sound isn't accompanied by lower frequency noises that may or may not affect their physiology. So, I'd be really interesting in knowing whether or not this hum is at a very specific audible frequency or if it is accompanied with some kind of low frequency carrier.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

thankyou for your intelligent post.

i am trying to find more info today, i will update as i find more info.

thanks
snoopyuk

[edit on 21-8-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Yes, it's actually true and also known as the Frey Effect and this phenom is now being exploited to create non-lethal weapons. So keep researching and maybe one day you will become knowledgeable in the field. Then you can bump heads with the establish status quo with your new found skills and they can tell you to wear ear plugs or get used to it.

Next week humanity discovers it can't tame the chaos effect of a fallible corporatocracy...lol

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Regenmacher]

Regenmacher,
i find your post both offensive and rude,

did you not read my post ?? as i stated this IS my field of research !! i work for a decent company that is and has been looking into this for a number of years, and yes you are correct that a certain few groups are looking into this tech as a weapon. but that can be said of many things.....

snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
They are not going to find an explaination. The very same thing has happened in my area. There were even tables left open at the local diner for those of us who heard it. We had our own little section.
It's the Earth itself makeing the hum.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well we know 1 fact, that in the UK they have experimented successfully with sound weapons.
There is a few documentary's on it.
Putting them near shops where kids hangout and menace people.
And it has worked.The kids went away.
But those sounds were subsonic and didn't make a humming sound.
This could be also, before we jump to conclusions, some kind of power transmission equipment being noisy or malfunctioning.
It would depend on the are affected.
If it was only a small localized area then it could be accounted for being a transformer(s) humming.
But if it was over a large area and everyone is hearing the same oscillation then it would have to be looked upon as something else possibly purposely transmitted.
In this specific area do they have a loud speaker system?For warnings?
And if so who has control of this?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I am suprised no one has mentioned this ..

The Sudbury Neutrino Detector

www.sno.phy.queensu.ca...

The Sudbury Neutrino Observatory (SNO) results have provided revolutionary insight into the properties of neutrinos and the core of the sun. The detector, shown in the artist's conception below, was built 6800 feet under ground, in INCO's Creighton mine near Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. SNO was a heavy-water Cherenkov detector designed to detect neutrinos produced by fusion reactions in the sun. It used 1000 tonnes of heavy water loaned from Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL), and contained by a 12 meter diameter acrylic vessel. Neutrinos reacted with the heavy water (D2O) to produce flashes of light called Cherenkov radiation. This light was then detected by an array of 9600 photomultiplier tubes mounted on a geodesic support structure surrounding the heavy water vessel. The detector was immersed in light (normal) water within a 30 meter barrel-shaped cavity (the size of a 10 story building!) excavated from Norite rock. Located in the deepest part of the mine, the overburden of rock shielded the detector from cosmic rays. The detector laboratory, still functioning as part of the new SNOLAB facility, is extremely clean to reduce background signals from radioactive elements present in the mine dust which would otherwise hide the very weak signal from neutrinos. Plans are currently underway to upgrade the SNO detector for the new SNO+ experiment.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
unfortunatly that is the wrong Sudbury,

the story concerns Sudbury UK.

thank

snoopyuk

Originally posted by wolfmanjack

I am suprised no one has mentioned this ..

The Sudbury Neutrino Detector

www.sno.phy.queensu.ca...

The Sudbury Neutrino Observatory (SNO) results have provided revolutionary insight into the properties of neutrinos and the core of the sun. The detector, shown in the artist's conception below, was built 6800 feet under ground, in INCO's Creighton mine near Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. SNO was a heavy-water Cherenkov detector designed to detect neutrinos produced by fusion reactions in the sun. It used 1000 tonnes of heavy water loaned from Atomic Energy of Canada Limited (AECL), and contained by a 12 meter diameter acrylic vessel. Neutrinos reacted with the heavy water (D2O) to produce flashes of light called Cherenkov radiation. This light was then detected by an array of 9600 photomultiplier tubes mounted on a geodesic support structure surrounding the heavy water vessel. The detector was immersed in light (normal) water within a 30 meter barrel-shaped cavity (the size of a 10 story building!) excavated from Norite rock. Located in the deepest part of the mine, the overburden of rock shielded the detector from cosmic rays. The detector laboratory, still functioning as part of the new SNOLAB facility, is extremely clean to reduce background signals from radioactive elements present in the mine dust which would otherwise hide the very weak signal from neutrinos. Plans are currently underway to upgrade the SNO detector for the new SNO+ experiment.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hey guys I new on here but u may wanna check out this webpage on Facebook! somthing very similar took place in my town of watford in the early hours of july 4th this year!

www.facebook.com...

Dan x

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

and there was me thinking I was going nuts although I don't live near there I live in Barnsley in South Yorkshire in the UK and usually don't go to bed much before 2am.

For quite some time now at night (within the last 6-8 months) I hear a general humming on and off accompanied by low level vibrations I do not take any drugs and live on my own in fact a very mundane existance etc I can feel the vibrations quite easily and can hear the noise / hum clearly and sometimes even when I've gone to bed the vibrations continue

I settled on the idea of underground mining / works etc after all Barnsley was the heart of the coal mining industry at one point.

I am a member here (excelents) but I'm damned if I can

a. log in
b. find where to login

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unearthley-disclosure

thnaks for you input, however i cant get your link to work,

in fact all it does is click like mad !!

thanks
snoopyuk

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I think its fair to say if it only affected around 50 people it could easily have been a power transformer in the immediate vicinity.
Say around 50-100 dwellings per transformer.
Doesn't mean it WAS this, but 50 people power transformer, not hard to believe.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
yes but blown trasphormers dnt set off car alarms turn light on and admit loud humming sounds that can be heard all over a very large area such a the town of Watford n surrounding buorghs. Whatever this was it was not anythig that can be explaind logically. Even the power company dont know what happend!

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Interestingly, I have been hearing strange sounds at night where I am - just outside Manchester, in the UK.

Now, I live about 5km from Manchester Airport, so I have spent my entire life hearing aircraft in flight, revving their engines, idling and taxiing in the distance. You get used to it.

But recently, over I would guess the last three or four months, a new sound has been added to the mix. What I can only describe as a loud, varying sine-wave sort of sound.

At first, I thought it might be noise pollution from the Beetham Tower in Manchester, which is about 10km away. If you have never come across it before, the design of a large glass blade on the top of Manchester's tallest building caused a horrendously loud oscillating sound when hit by strong winds, which could be heard all over Manchester, and even disrupted filming of TV programs at Granada TV. You can hear the sound here - bear in mind that it was incredibly loud:

NOTE: this is NOT the sound I hear at night. I say "at first" above, because after a while I recalled that the blade was recently refitted (again) to eradicate the noise. But there is something else that rules the tower out as the source of the noise: this new noise is every night, windy or not, and it only seems to happen between maybe 1am and 3-4am. and rather than a constant tone, comes and goes, and can often be multiple tones at once. (the tower only ever produces a single tone, at almost middle C, which although it can fade with the wind, never includes other harmonic tones alongside it).

I also ruled out air traffic at the airport as it would seem odd that if the cause of the noise is a plane, it only ever occurs at certain times of the night (I have never heard it during the day). It does sound a little like turbine noise, but there is no *rumble* accompanying it, which is always present when I hear a jet engine being revved or spooled up. And it can go on for hours without stopping.

So I find myself very intrigued as to what the noise might be, and if it is at all similar to the one in Sudbury (and also intrigued that I don't find any mention of it in local press or media). It has been driving me nuts for weeks - not because it is loud (which it is) but because I want to know what it is!

I will try to record the sound tonight and post it on here in case anyone can identify it or (pardon the pun) in case it rings any bells.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by dogsounds]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

hey i live in glasgow and i been hearing a weired sound at night like a humming i thought it might be the wind but i find this strange.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmm strange, I've been hearing humming noises at night too for weeks, and I'm in Belgium!

It was not high pitched though, it sounded more like something that was running, like an engine, but slower than you'd expect from anything heard over a great distance like a train or helicopter. More or less like the first woman in this video: nl.youtube.com...
The timings seem to correlate too, although I haven't precisely timed it, it's the kind of sound that "sneaks up on you" and only start to notice when you're paying attention to it. The people I've told were unaware of it but could hear it as well when I told them about it.

(The direction it is coming from seems to be west/south-west, I'm in Antwerp)

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Shroomery]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shroomery

Interesting. The sound I get is definitely not one that creeps up - it's there and you can't help but hear it

I'm not sure from which direction it comes - my window faces south east (ish) but it seems to come from that general direction rather than specifically from the direction of Manchester Airport. Very odd.

Like I say, I will try and record it tonight, but I only have my Nokia N95 to hand, so don't expect a miracle or anything

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The sound is also more mechanical than the one in your video, which seems to resemble more of a horn.

I've also noticed what sounded like an airraid alarm on different nights, but a lower sound and with a slow "buildup" compared to a normal one, it also went on for a long time but I can't say if it was the entire night.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This reminds me of the Nikola Tesla story in New York City at his Lab.

"Tesla would establish his Houston Street laboratory in New York at 46 E. Houston Street. There, at one point while conducting mechanical resonance experiments with electro-mechanical oscillators he generated a resonance of several surrounding buildings but, due to the frequencies involved, not his own building, causing complaints to the police. As the speed grew he hit the resonant frequency of his own building and belatedly realizing the danger he was forced to apply a sledge hammer to terminate the experiment, just as the astonished police arrived."

P.s. Hes the most interesting scientist IMO

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join