It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Hoaxer Fired on the Air (audio)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
"Conduct unbecoming an officer" - Justice if you ask me.

Cheif Turner annuonces firing on air

Video Report

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I LOVE IT!!!!
Too bad there isn't anything else that they can do to these bums. Personally, I would hope that the media keeps their names alive and continues to embarrass them and their families. These men are certainly ostracized from society.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
"Conduct unbecoming an officer" - Justice if you ask me.

Cheif Turner annuonces firing on air

Video Report

Yep, justice served!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I don't think a man losing his career is something to cheer about. What he did was wrong and he paid with losing his career. This whole situation is sad, and it has Mr Biscardi's name written all over it. He would of immediately known it was a costume when he first saw the "body". Claiming he didn't know would be quite untrue.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by NightVision

I don't think a man losing his career is something to cheer about. What he did was wrong and he paid with losing his career. This whole situation is sad, and it has Mr Biscardi's name written all over it. He would of immediately known it was a costume when he first saw the "body". Claiming he didn't know would be quite untrue.

Certainly the cop isn't the only one to blame, but civil servants, imo, should be held to a hire standard. He is/was here to serve and PROTECT, not serve himself and scam us.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think it is very appropriate to cheer at this man's removal from a position of authority. He has shown himself to to be unworthy and the responsibility for all of this falls squarely on his own shoulders. Just because some might go unpunished for this doesn't mean that those who are obviously part of the fraud shouldn't go unpunished or mocked as the assholes they truly are. In closing, I would like to add that I hope the ex-officer can only work at a drive-through from now on.

How much money did Biscardi pay them for the "body", does anyone know?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I don't know what sad has to do with any of this. The officer knew what he was participating in. He took a chance and got busted. To bad but NOT SAD. I don't see whats wrong with cheering on this losers losing his job. The man tried to cheat someone he deserves what he gets. You can bet he'd be cheering if he got away with his part in the scam. This Biscardi guy...anyone know about his character? I wonder if there's more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

I do agree with the two above posters that civil service and law enforcement should be held to a higher standard. I just don't think people should cheer about someone's misfortune, no matter if they deserved it or not. What will happen to Tom Biscardi who knew about the hoax when he saw the body? He may have even started it by recruiting his Georgia friends. They all knew it was going to end, and the cop probably knew his job was on the line.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I do agree with the two above posters that civil service and law enforcement should be held to a higher standard. I just don't think people should cheer about someone's misfortune, no matter if they deserved it or not. What will happen to Tom Biscardi who knew about the hoax when he saw the body? He may have even started it by recruiting his Georgia friends. They all knew it was going to end, and the cop probably knew his job was on the line.

To a certain extent, I agree with you. It's never cool to revel in another person's misfortune, but it is justice, according to our laws. It seems these days that true justice is so rarely served, that when it is, it seems something to cheer about.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
they broke the law it's called Fraud.

They took money based on their claims, now they are going to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Star and flag this!

Excellent!

Justice!

When was the last time you heard justice was served?

Star and flag!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Well, in one of the zillion Georgia Bigfoot threads on ATS I said he should at the very least be disciplined, if not fired, for the very reason mentioned: Conduct unbecoming an officer.

This was true of him even before the hoax was exposed. The things going on in their videos would haven warranted the same consequences, in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Honest people lose jobs for lessor reasons. No tears here. His actions just might demonstrate his ability to engage in less than honest activities. Maybe this actually isn't the first. Even if it is the first then hopefully lesson learned.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What were they thinking?

They thought they would get away with this?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think they were thinking they could grab some quick cash before anyone found out.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buckarama
I think they were thinking they could grab some quick cash before anyone found out.

But in the end, all they got was

THIS

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They abviously new they were trying to defraud people and knew what circumstances would be by perpetrating a fraud so they can blame nobody but themselves for losing their jobs,I would think that a civil servant should be intelligent enough to know the consequences

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

But one has to wonder how far they thought they could get? possum fur? Come on! Maybe these guys just don't think very far ahead.

new topics

top topics

join