It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's "lost" Brother Found In Kenya!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The Italian edition of Vanity Fair said that it had found George Hussein Onyango Obama living in a hut in a ramshackle town of Huruma on the outskirts of Nairobi.

Full Article

Nothing politically themed here, just wanted to post this news story I found this morning. I'll leave whatever may come to others...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow... why is he ashamed of his brother? And why does Obama not help him? Some families have these types of siblings that will always need help but as annoying as it is you do not turn your back on family... Obama has the means to up lift him either in his own country or through US immigration... and yet? Obama doesn't even seem to care.....pitiful.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As I said, I'm not really ready to make judgments on this yet, as the article didn't really specify what was going on, it just gave the facts.

It does seem odd however that these people have the same father…are brothers…yet Obama seems to want nothing to do with him.

Interesting...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It is difficult to presume to judge such matters. Inter-family relations are intensely personal and really shouldn't be fuel for supposition. I'm sure some will want this to carry more weight in a debate than it should. Thanks for being so clinical about the OP. It is what it is. Sorry to see anyone so down and out.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As am I.

I agree this will probably be made into a big deal by some…and perhaps it should. I'll just have to wait for some more information to form an opinion on this.

I must admit, at first glance it does seem a bit troubling though.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Even without the political aspects of this, I'm interested to see what the Obama supporters and detractors alike will have to say about this.

I'm surprised more of them haven't chimed in yet.

There are several of you that I'm especially looking forward to hearing from.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
None of our business.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm afraid your wrong. When you sign up to run for President of the United States, you agree to make "everything" everyone else's business.

Just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Show me some sources of legal documents that can back your words.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Of course there are no legal documents that specify what must be revealed. The fact is though, that if you are going to run for the most important job in the world, that people should know everything there is to know about you. For god’s sake, one of these men will take the reigns of this country. I for one would like to know everything I can about that person. I also feel I have the right to.

This is, however, off-topic from my OP. If you want to continue this discussion, it will have to be done elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
That's weird!
Why is he broke and scared of police?
Wouldn't Obama's cousin help him?
More of the Kenyan connection!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

it could be that the brother doesn't want help. Not everyone wants a white picket fence and wants to stay and keep their way of life and home. Our ideals are not necessarily others ideals.

I have many foreign friends who are very lonely here. We are all so isolated and segreated into our own homes in the US. When we ask each other a question: we respond with "FINE"

Some people enjoy being with their neighbors and friends and when you ask someone how their mother is doing you get a life story, instead of "FINE"

Their family dynamics is none of our business.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikolas

That's like ignoring water is wet.

Regardless of your view on this, it absolutely will be made plenty of people's business. Wishing otherwise will not change that fact.

Opponents will have a field day with the contrast.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What I would really like a little more depth into is why Obamas brother makes the remark that “he is ashamed”.

Perhaps I overlooked the detail in the OP but I didn’t really get a feel for why he was ashamed.

Ashamed of the way he lives? Ashamed because his brother won’t help him?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
nyk537:

If there are no legal requirnments then don't say it.

Being the President for the United States of America is just a job, like any other. Work life; personal life.
Barack's relation status with his famly falls under personal life, therefor is none of the publics business.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Nikolas]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I know that ritch celebrities have family members like that, maybe they are too concerned about them selves and the image of being concerned about the poor when in fact they don't even help out their familes.

Hope they don't say he is the 12th Iman because then we are in trouble.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Whatever. Since they have met twice now maybe they will meet again and begin to form a relationship. My wife has three half brothers and we hardly ever see or hear from them. She has tried to deepen the relationship but they never reply back.

Actually, come to think of it, lets do find out more about his half brother and let him and his community, country and continent know that we are interested in their plight and ashamed at the vastly different living conditions between Africa and the United States. Way to open your heart everyone!

[edit on 8/20/08 by stikkinikki]

[edit on 8/20/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think he has seven half brothers and sisters,

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikolas
Being the President for the United States of America is just a job, like any other.

Wow! You’re right!

Being President of America is just a job. I mean really, it’s no different than flipping hamburgers at McDonald's is it? I mean what’s the difference in controlling the worlds most dominant military and economy and hauling garbage?

I never thought of it that way!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I can not stand Obama...at all....

However, I wouldn't hold this against him ever...unless there is something proven that Obama is at fault over.

I myself have some relatives that I would never EVER help out...even if they were on their last dying leg. But, I have very valid reasons for it.

Obama is not responsible for his ADULT brother's life. The brother is responsible for his life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join