It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are from another planet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this theory and knows what it is called? I have heard of people that think we were microscopic organisms from another planet...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

Yes the possibility that we are from another planet has been discussed several times on ATS..

I don't understand why you say we are microscopic? How are humans microscopic? Are you saying some microscropic organisms were first brought to earth by aliens and that over millions of years these organisms (became more complexed) gave rise to us?

PS- welcome to ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yes, you are correct, there is a theory that life originated somewhere else in the universe and the seeds of life got transported to earth through a comet or meteor which crashed into earth, and that theory is mind blowing to think of.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by peacejet]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The description in the OP seems to be consistent with the panspermia theory:

Panspermia (Gk. πάς/πάν (pas/pan, all) σπέρμα (sperma, seed)) is the hypothesis that "seeds" of life exist already all over the Universe, that life on Earth may have originated through these "seeds", and that they may deliver or have delivered life to other habitable bodies.

Exogenesis (Gk. "outside origin") is a more limited hypothesis that proposes life on Earth was transferred from elsewhere in the Universe but makes no prediction about how widespread it is. Because the term "panspermia" is more well-known, it tends to be used in reference to what would properly be called exogenesis.

Panspermia - wikipedia entry

Are We All Aliens? The New Case for Panspermia - Space.com
By Robert Roy Britt Senior Science Writer

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Panspermia...that is it. I was not saying we ARE microscopic, but possibly WERE...tiny organism evolves to be human...I find that extremely interesting and mind-boggeling to think about.

Thanks for the welcome...I hvae been reading the boards for A LONG time an decided to join so I could engage in the very interesting topics often discused here

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is some evidence to support the theory.. When they announced that they had found microbial fossils in meteorites.... I was like huh??

Im not sure how anything alive would survive in space, but this definitely is thought provoking.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
Im not sure how anything alive would survive in space, but this definitely is thought provoking.

Most microbes and bacteria are resistant to the extremes of temperature and can even live in the vaccum of space.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of the new video game by Maxis called Spore? It actually focuses on this theory!

[edit on 20-8-2008 by goldbomb444]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
OCCAMS RAZOR says things most often in the 'simplest' of ways...this theory seems too complicated!

I just don't have enough 'faith' to believe this. Its much more logical / plausible that all the complexity was design ed...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
THis is very interesting to think that we are actually alien to the planet that provides us with the necessities to live. If it is true, that is totally mind blowing. Makes you wonder though, what happend to the planet that the building blocks of life came from, is it still around, what kind of life is on that planet now, if not what caused it's destruction. I will have to read more articles on this, facinating stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I seriously believe that life seeds on an interplanetary basis and that's why I am so sure there is some life on Mars because the solar wind pushes our junk right to it every year like clockwork.

With that said...

I know Myself and many others here on ATS definitely are not from the same planet as the rest of the chimps.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
We may be from somewhere else, but I was born here so I am from here.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
From my own understanding I have read a few correlating articles
(including this one www.abovetopsecret.com...) by a few different unrelated sources stating that most of the populous of the Human race actually originated from the Planet Mars itself.
I have to dig them up again.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I believe several things occurred with the human race. Human life originated off planet, possibly as many have been told, Lyrae. They were forced due to war (and this war was said to be against the reptilian races), to spread out to far reaches of the galaxy, including our solar system, and to the neighboring galaxy of Andromeda. We have what has been reported to be the ruins of a planet (the reptilian name for it was Tiamet) the one Alex Collier gives, the human name, I can't recall, however, apparently we went there first, then Mars, and finally earth, with the enemy interfering with us at each step.

Now how many of our species, and plant life actually originated on our planet, or were modified? Various stories have been told. But apparently the natural development may have primate here, with many modifications added, or modern man skipped the missing link and/or genetic modification at that point, and the current populations were modified from the humans that fled from Mars. So many different stories. I find them all interesting. Also, many different groups, some more associated with negatives, and some with postives (ie. nordic, pleiadian, sirian, adromedan) have
been associated with life here for thousands of years.

I've read some interesting accounts by those in close contact with greys where they claim the oldest civilization here, several million years, and claim to have made us genetically.

I'm afraid if disclosure happens in a way that we're not considering, basically where they intervene and save the day, and then offer us their help (and control) that each group will have a different story to tell us. That has actually been told to a lifelong contactee as well working with a Nordic type.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
what is even more mind boggling. is imagine if you were a being that didn't really die of old age. witnessing evolution like that or growth like that would be so #ing sweet. ugh

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Wouldn't our evolution seem almost a mere moment to a race of people that did not die? Kind of like watching sea monkeys in an aquarium or something similar.

top topics

join