It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Opens up a 5 Point Lead over Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Well, centurion

I didn't insult your intelligence, so I'd thank you to not insult mine.

I also am not a big 'Obama' fan.....but he IS the presumptive Democratic Nominee.....I also have tended to refrain from other possible iterations of 'McCain'.....because, at this point, it is insulting to either candidate.

I am ALSO not a big McCain fan......who is ALSO the presmuptive Republican Nominee.....

Regardless of your Political persuasion, they all deserve(d) respect.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Gotta love how Obama flubbed the intro for Biden, announcing him as the next President of the United States, Freudian slip in a major way.

I don't blame Obama either he had to pick someone with less experience (pretty hard to find) and make himself look better or find someone more qualified than himself to run. Least he made the right choice for the country.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You did a really bad comparison as Centurion has pointed out. McCain isn't running on a theme of "change" Obama is. If anything, he (McCain) is running on his experience and his "reaching across the aisle" to get things done. Quite different from Obama in case you haven't noticed. Obama's pick of a long time Washington power player as his running mate runs contradictory to his "Change" mantra, or don't you see it that way?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I didnt catch most of that, pavil.....

BUT I thnk you just sorta confirmed the problem with McCain.....and I made a great effort not to call him a name, but in simple terms....John McCain used to represent (8 years ago) a grand idea of 'change'....now, he and his handlers just represent more of the 'bush' era......

I actually would have liked to see Wes Clark as the Candidate.....but instead we get an older guy who doesn't know how many houses his wife owns....OK, cheap shot, I admit.

At least Biden is on the Foreign Relations Committee....he has some experience to bring to the team. Oh no!!! I see the pattern!!!! A popular front-runner, with an experienced shill behind him???

Is it Bush/Cheny....or Obama/Biden???

Either way, it ain't gonna be good.....but it's gonna be interesting!

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by centurion1211

Well, centurion

I didn't insult your intelligence, so I'd thank you to not insult mine.

Did I? But in your post you:

1) Failed to read/understand what I was saying.

2) Failed to know/understand Obama's key message for this entire campaign.

3) Followed it up with a weak demo attack point about McCain having an affair (and did you ever give Clinton a pass for that?).

I also am not a big 'Obama' fan.....

"And before the cock crows you will have denied me 3 times" ... Really? Give us all a break. Why hide being an obamaphile?

I am ALSO not a big McCain fan......who is ALSO the presmuptive Republican Nominee.....

Really? Again, we could hardly tell.

Regardless of your Political persuasion, they all deserve(d) respect.

Oh, so that's why you posted the part about McCain having an affair.

Now about Biden, have you all seen the pundits on Biden's selection so far?

They're calling Biden Obama's Cheney.
Now there's real change if I ever saw it.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry you didn't get most of that, it's seems pretty clear to me. I suggest you reread it and tell me how selecting a Washington Senator of 30 years as your VP is somehow "Change that we can believe in". I didn't say Biden wasn't a decent pick, he is far better qualified to be Pres. than Obama is, just that it goes against Obama's main theme of his campaign. But you are probably blinded by the flash and glitter of Obama's campaign to notice.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join