It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance of Alien Craft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Not really, show me a live, heck even a dead ET specimen and I'll convert.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zemouk
Simple reply is we can't assume anything for the future, we can't assume that technologies used in Science fiction are what's coming. We don't

I always thought that old myths and legends helped future technologies along a little.
like 'ye olde crystal balls' gave way to developing television , and 'flying carpets' gave way to developing aircraft. ( i know it was mans desire to fly like a bird but we can laugh though ) lol
Maybe the 'future' technologies that appear on shows like 'star trek' may inspire ( they are already trying teleportation devices and new propulsion systems) . Future generations will look back and think the same we did about old fables.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
But do you, or do you not want to see one?

aAh... I'm tired of all this "mental masturbation"... sorry if I do not return to discuss here...

But I'll tell you something:

I'll consider that I may be stupid (for believing) if you consider that you may be blind (for not believing).

Peace, mate.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

I didn't really want to go down the path of "prove it" as these can be annoying and disrespectful so I apologies, although I would like to know if there was a certain piece of information that you came across that instantly made you believe. Or is it a faith thing, a wanting to believe?

[edit on 20/8/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
reply to post by Dermo

Government craft, debris, visual phenomenon maybe, nothing evidential of Aliens.

Im not saying that i do or do not believe in ET's but..

You obviously have a completely closed mind in regards to anything you don't believe in or agree with. ie. UFO's and religion.

Remind me never to bother joining into another conversation with you. I could spend all evening posting possibilities that are backed up by video's and views from the worlds smartest people. But you would still dismiss them as lies and liars simply because you are overly skeptical and under informed. I bet if one of your closest family members told you in ernest that they had a two hour conversation with an ET & they had pics to prove it - you wouldn't believe them.

Of course you are right and everyone else's view is wrong.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

If they have been here, observed man, his biology, his technology, they'll know exactly what we can see, that we can see them and that they have been sussed so why still the constant slip ups on their part?? I just can't believe they would still allow it to happen unless they don't consider us a threat in which case they have an alternative motive to be here other than human contact, but in which case I would think we’d see even more of them.

This is circular logic which never quite comes 360 degrees around. It's about as confusing as quantum entanglement.

Quite simply, if one takes these reports at face value and knows anything about physics... then you know it is beyond the scope of man. Once you eliminate the conventional, you come to the unconventional.

If they have control over gravitational waves as most people believe then they will easily be able to do the same with the other parts of the spectrum.

I agree the term "anti-gravity" is thrown around waaay too lightly. Forget the term gravity. Instead think of force. There are many ways to generate force:

1) Direct mechanical action
2) Pressures and pressure gradients in adjacent fluids
3) Rocketry
4) High-speed particle ejection
5) Force fields

A force field does not have to be anti-gravity. Any force which acts on all matter would do the trick. Basically that means our laws of physics are incomplete, which is supported by the current state of modern physics. This is hardly a surprise considering we have only been a technological civilization for 100 years (at best).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

The only thing I know about antigravity is that man doesn't know why gravity is so massively underpowered compared to the other parts of the sprectrum, I pressume an efficient antigravity machine would somehow unlock and use the full power of gravity

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Sator

I didn't really want to go down the path of "prove it" as these can be annoying and disrespectful so I apologies, although I would like to know if there was a certain piece of information that you came across that instantly made you believe. Or is it a faith thing, a wanting to believe?

There was no "certain piece of information" which made me a believer.
Everyone has a story to tell, mine begins 12 years ago when I started RESEARCHING the subject for a school project.
Its been a long road, avoiding the nonsense, filtering the dis-information, passing through the crazyness and ilogical skepticism. After all, I have not yet found PROOF for my belief, although I think there are evidence that SOMETHING exists out there.

In the end, it IS a matter of "wanting to believe", but there's a difference between believing just because someone tells so, and believing after gathering a huge pack of information from thousands of different sources and materials over more then a decade, and then to conclude that there's more then fantasy about it.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

• How would they know we are even here? We've only been giving off radio waves for a few decades; I doubt these would have reached any civilization and even if it did what’s the chances of them getting here?

• Why would an alien want to leave their own planet? As seen by our own technology we are going to be able to create vast virtual universes before we even get close to getting a manned ship outside of our solar-system. Add to that linking directly to the human brain and robotics I think we'll probably end up as brains in a jar exploring easily navigated a virtual universe before we start searching this boring "sit in a ship for 50 years" one, other civilisations maybe the same.

These two are prevalent in so many different disclosures, ufology reports, abductees testimony. First, why do you presume they only just arrived due to our primitive radio signals? From everything I've read in huge abundance, I might add, online, they have been here for a very long time. Some even say they predate humankind's emergence on the planet. Earth and possibly life on this planet has been a very big project to many groups for a very long time. Alex Collier talks about 22 races contributing to our dna.

Why would they extend beyond their own planets? We have various international organizations on earth, including some trade agreements. Can you not imagine what the universe must be like. Also, resources are limited. Growth beyond sustainability by an advanced race would make galactic and intergalactic trade necessary, and expansion, including terraforming.

These ideas are available with relatively quick searches online.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

There’s enough resources in our solar system and any adjacent solar system to do whatever we want with, any alien contact would not be about resource bargaining (especially when we foresee replication as a firm technological possibility), and yes our DNA maybe planted on the planet either by ET, meteor transfer, whatever but we share our DNA with everything on the planet (are DNA is a 50% match with that of a banana) so any planting of DNA from ET would be for the means to create an eco-system not an intelligent species. What evidence is there that they have had any interaction with us in the past?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What I think on the subject is we don't fully understand gravity anyway, there's been many tv programs on in the past few years stating this, with studies all over the world / Cambridge university etc.. Last program I watched was made by a Cambridge university student who went to America and showed what we understand of gravity and some of the information by former well known scientists were proven to be wrong. Until we fully understand Gravity, we're not going to be able to create anti-gravity vehicles or craft. Which puts another stance on craft that have been reported I guess, hence my signature...

I personally would love for their to be life outside our planet and contact with another race, which is the reason why I come on here to read up on discussions and get my own perspective of things that have been seen etc. If you believe then great; I see this whole discussion from both sides as I personally have not seen anything as of yet which would lead me to say "Aliens are visiting". I'm still searching and happy searching

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

• How would they know we are even here? We've only been giving off radio waves for a few decades; I doubt these would have reached any civilization and even if it did what’s the chances of them getting here?

What if "they" put us here in this biosphere called Earth? What if we are their experiment? Does that not fall in line with the concept of "God" to a primitive race such as us?

• Why would an alien want to leave their own planet?

Because not everyone is satisfied with sitting in front of the big screen alien tv and watching the Grays get their asses beat by the Reptilians in Astro-Soccer.

"sit in a ship for 50 years"

Theoretically there are others ways to traverse space that linear travel. Think bending space as hypothesized by those who believe gravity manipulation is the next technological step for space travel.

That could concievably enable an alien craft to bypass linear space and travel lightyears instantaneously.

• Why would an alien craft ever be visible in our atmosphere, to have the technology to get here shows me that they must certainly have the ability to mask their ship by bending light, we are nearly at that point ourselves so why be visible?

Why would a craft that is far more advanced than our capability be the least bit threatened by us and feel the need to cloak itself. We are but cavemen, neanderthals or dare I say it, cattle to them.
Perhaps the fact that they do not cloak themselves indicate that we are of no threat to them.

• Again on the technology stakes, why if you are observing humanity would you even need to enter the atmosphere, as seen in all Sci-Fi long range sensors can be used for monitoring?

Why does a farmer go into the pasture to check on the cattle or "sheeple"? Examine them, make sure the livestock is healthy, etc. Probably can't do that from the dark side of the moon...

• If they are here and they have a bond with the governments of this world, who authorised them to go flying around our towns and cities

If this scenario is true then our governments must surely realize they are dealing with creatures far more advanced than us, who don't really need their cooperation, but in order to keep tabs on the aliens or better yet, in order to acquire technological gains from them, the governments cooperate.

[edit on 8/21/2008 by bios]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

maybe the look for aliens to(wich we are in the eyes) thinkin about that this planet being here a long time its possible that they where here even before humans.

• Why would an alien want to leave their own planet? As seen by our own technology we are going to be able to create vast virtual universes before we even get close to getting a manned ship outside of our solar-system. Add to that linking directly to the human brain and robotics I think we'll probably end up as brains in a jar exploring easily navigated a virtual universe before we start searching this boring "sit in a ship for 50 years" one, other civilisations maybe the same.

think before you type somthing.
making a einstein wormhole generator and stabelizer with ani-mater as fuel makes it a big trip a few(1-5) days(to years) long.

• As discussed in other threads robotic life may take over from biological life which again may remove the urge to spread out into the stars.

yea but there still will be biological life forms simply becuase a whole race would not destroy it self unless the whole race is suacidal and thats almost to inpossble.

• The natural course of technological advancement may always lead to the self destruction.

who sead that, if that was true our modern technology will never could have exist(80 years ago there wasn't still 1 computer made)

And even if aliens did manage to get to the Planet earth:

• Why would an alien craft ever be visible in our atmosphere, to have the technology to get here shows me that they must certainly have the ability to mask their ship by bending light, we are nearly at that point ourselves so why be visible?

maybe broken or simply makes contact slowly(things are easyer to deal with if it come slowly)

• Again on the technology stakes, why if you are observing humanity would you even need to enter the atmosphere, as seen in all Sci-Fi long range sensors can be used for monitoring?

Fi stands for fiction fiction is fantasy so in you theory dragon and elfs could even exist

• If they are here and they have a bond with the governments of this world, who authorised them to go flying around our towns and cities

as i sead before making slow contact(and thats probley the same reson why the goverment covers it up)

and sorry for my bad english (im not english and i have dislexia(bad combo))

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First I will say sorry I haven't read this thread but I had to answer before I turned in for the evening.

Second I would like to say this planet is not ours it is really their's. They are in the deepest of our waters because this is where they can survive. Humans think Earth is there's I believe because they feel they are more intelligent then the animals, insects, trees, etc. HA!

The human race is considered a stupid species but as they say we do have intelligence and a good study.

If they wanted to make contact or communicate with us IN ANY WAY they could very easily...... we are just consider a study and Earth is there Laboratory.

Yup I know I've been there done that and don't need the Tee Shirt. They aren't going to come here to do anything for you you have to solve you own problems and they OBSERVE us every moment of every day.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW

[edit on 21-8-2008 by observe50]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

wow

you are in an interesting reality bro...hehe

i hope your view changes in due time..i think it will

much love to you and all

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Consult the Thread "Rainbow Serpent Tales" for some Information (Knowledge) of The Mingloucho Chronicles and the Discussion of the various Alien Crafts of the Races , including Grey Seed Craft , Reptellian Bringers of the Dark and Great Devourer " Circle End Type"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Radio waves is not the only influence that earth has had on the surroundings. Nuclear detonations count as well..

You may not have considered that there is currently a lack of understanding for why do simulated orbits do not run in a stable way when the "propagation rate" of gravity is limited to the speed of light. This suggests that gravity would have to travel much faster than light. Experimental data supporting this view includes the measurement of gravitational effects during eclipses, where the light effects of the eclipse lag behind the gravitational effects. A nuclear explosion produces a brief gravitational disturbance, and I would expect this disturbance to be felt at some distance in a much shorter time than our radio waves.

So I can see a plausible mechanism by which an alien civilization could have been alerted to the possibility of both life on earth and an eventual hostile threat from earth.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I know what you're saying, I'm wholely convinced that there is life out there I just can't see why'd they'd come here and slip up all the time by being seen, abducting people or animals then putting them back (why would you put them back, expecially dead / mulilated / probed) why have a visible ship, why have a ship at all?

It is a mistake to try to convince yourself by asking why questions that have no answer. As if the lack of an answer allowed one to draw a conclusion.

You can conclude nothing from those questions.

The questions that are more interesting are the ones that arise from observations and evidence, as an empirical aproach is more likely to produce answers that are of some use.

For example: Why are all the eyewitnesses telling these stories? Why is there footage for which no hoaxer has claimed credit? why are there photos of incredibly graphic and realistic alien bodies on an examination table for which no hoaxer has claimed credit?

And, for some of those questions we may find that some of the evidences and testimony in fact was fake or hoaxed.

In my mind, the volume of photographic evidence and eye witness testimony by reputable pilots and radar data is so high that it compels me to ask different questions than the ones you are asking.

For example: What was the disc shaped object reportedly seen over O'Hare Airport in 2006?

What did Marco Eli Cherez die from and why did the humanoid creature that he reportedly captured got taken away by the US instead of put in a museum?

What was seen by dozens and tracked on radar in Stephenville Texas?

Why did the Vatican make an announcement telling Catholics that it is OK to believe in extraterrestrials? Unless they were hedging their bets for something that they know that we don't... they might as well have said it was OK to believe in Santa Claus. And why did this statement coincide with supposed reports of a secret UN meeting to discuss the alien situation in which the Vatican was represented? One would think that the Secret UN meeting report could be fake, but then the Vatican report would seem to positively corroborate it...

Those questions do not necessarily "prove" something or other because they are unanswered, but they are compelling enough that one cannot simply ignore.

What you can do is pursue your own research from this information and give it some consideration.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
“• How would they know we are even here? We've only been giving off radio waves for a few decades; I doubt these would have reached any civilization and even if it did what’s the chances of them getting here? “

The first battery was created in the time of pharos, all the is needed to create a radio was is power and a coil of wire, maybe a reed, and piece of iron, but according to some aliens have been here longer than that. They could have discovered us by chance, and told a few friends who told a few more friends, next thing you know we are throwing an “ Interplanetary Kegger”

• Why would an alien want to leave their own planet? As seen by our own technology we are going to be able to create vast virtual universes before we even get close to getting a manned ship outside of our solar-system. Add to that linking directly to the human brain and robotics I think we'll probably end up as brains in a jar exploring easily navigated a virtual universe before we start searching this boring "sit in a ship for 50 years" one, other civilizations maybe the same.

Why do we want to? Who ever said they want our techs, they may just want to see how we progress, or they want us. If I found a way to traverse the stars quickly I think I’d do the same things, except for the abduction part (less it’s a planet of super model like women) and no cow mutilations.

“• The natural course of technological advancement may always lead to the self destruction.”

How many cultures have you known to have the ability to change planetary events, why does it lead to self destruction?

“• Why would an alien craft ever be visible in our atmosphere, to have the technology to get here shows me that they must certainly have the ability to mask their ship by bending light, we are nearly at that point ourselves so why be visible? “

Why would you hide? Maybe all the governments want to stick you in a jar, but if you are that advanced they couldn’t touch you anyway, just don’t crash!

When did Capt Kirk even just scan a planet and leave? Did Picard ever say “ I’m not here to explore, I just wanted to run a scan or two!” I’d want to touch the soil, and see for myself what’s going on.

“• If they are here and they have a bond with the governments of this world, who authorized them to go flying around our towns and cities”

Read that to yourself a few times think about it, then get back with me if you have any questions.

Do you have a purpose in life or maybe in your world the Earth is still flat. there are trillions of stars, with a few planets around every one. We have found several planets that could support life, and we are one of the youngest system in this void called space. You have to be completely retarded or a bible thumper that believes that we are the only life out here. Get over yourself and venture out of you bubble and think about it for a second. If you’re still confused then we can chat.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
looks like a ship to me and not ours in space its huge

first time here not any good at all with the computer please look at this on soho lasco-www.nrl.navy/daily-mpg/0808/3-c3.mpg half way thru the mpeg playing
could someone tell me what that object is on the left side of the screen its very big
and between us and the sun i have never seen anything like it before thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join