It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man cops killed was in diabetic shock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Low blood sugar?

All he would've needed was juice if it was a low blood sugar. A high blood sugar would have been more likely if he was going into shock. As for the cops, it's hard to blame them... while I don't think it was right they were doing what they thought was right. A man shoots his gun three times, and isn't complying. What are they supposed to do? What if he WAS dangerous?

Mitch

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Police officers these days are nothing but morons. They are a bunch of bro-jocks who were attempted hot shots in highschool and failed at life so they decided to become a cop to pick on people.

Power Trips. They're common.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchMagic
Low blood sugar?

All he would've needed was juice if it was a low blood sugar. A high blood sugar would have been more likely if he was going into shock. As for the cops, it's hard to blame them... while I don't think it was right they were doing what they thought was right. A man shoots his gun three times, and isn't complying. What are they supposed to do? What if he WAS dangerous?

Mitch

That requires killing him?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Firing into the air, is illegal in all states, I believe.
Maybe it is time to rethink the nonlethal weapons issued to police

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
I feel sick to my stomach.

One thing that irks me most about hearing these incidents is knowing that the police involved would have been told they did nothing wrong, that they were in the right according to the rules they follow. Yet those rules get an innocent person killed and the killer thinking he was right to do it.
I want off this planet.
My feelings exactly...

Also the fact that this person had a gun in his hands and could also get his hands on a AR-15 assault rifle (according to his brother) makes me rather sick to my stomach.

Why all these weapons? What was he afraid of? An invasion? With all these trigger happy cops around having a gun or rifle only seems like asking to get shot...But who am I?

I dislike people that have weapons!

If you play with fire...

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe they're "culling" out the handicapped and weak, the impaired, the "useless eaters"? I mean, I have heard of them tazoring and shoot w/bullets pregnant women, kids, deaf, injured people, mentally challenged,people in wheelchairs, old ladies and dogs. I think the cops are itching to shoot people, if not with guns, then at least tazors. And I think we need cops but alot of the cops in my town think they're moviestar types. They'll do a swat team takedown on a skinny 18 year old girl. Seen it from my porch. I've seen them question for 45 minutes in the hot sun, an older lady, mildy inebrieated, walking her little dog. Not staggering, but I know from conversations she has had an afternoon highball or two. So what, she is walking her little dog so he can go pee, and she is not out in traffic or making a problem. A few are quite nice, but some of them are just itching for action. Also, I am about 30 miles from where that kid fell off an overpass and broke his back I think and the Ozark cops tazored him 19 times. I haven't really kept up with it, but I'd be sueing them there coppers. But that was the town that many years ago had Buff Lamb as sherriff and he murdered his mistriss and got by with it. He used to come out and pull up the pot plants and the growers never heard anymore of it, no arrest, no court date, nada, just lost their homegrown. Always at picking time too. Hit partiers at the rivers with his flashlight and put one kid in the trunk of his car. Also, I was at a bar once and this guy gave me some marijuana, I said no, I can't take it. Meaning I had no money and didn't want to "trade". He said, Don't worry about it, my dad is sherriff. I just let it go and didn't ask what sherriff of what county. The less info the better. I think all these cop shows and swat team shows and bounty hunter show have them all stirred up.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why did he have a gun. WHy did he not have a cell phone. Why did he not call 911 and fire the gun instead. A bullet goes up and then comes down. I am not a cop nor do I sympathise but I think I would have shot this guy also.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
OK, I am going to respond using this from the link.

Police reports show that while Burdon was seated in the dirt with his back to Campos, appearing disoriented and holding a gun, the officer fired five times, hitting him in the arm, back and head, shattering his skull.

So Mr. Campos the happy trigger police shot the man in the back 5 times because he was feeling in danger.right?

One word for you Mr. Campos, you are a coward and killer you could not even face the man that you killed in the face so you when ahead and shot him in the back.

What a coward.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This is what his family said? If true, then it is very sad. How come he had a gun but did not have a cell phone. He should have dialed 911 instead of shooting into the air. What goes up must come down. I do not like cops but if a child was killed accidentally by this man "signaling for help", lets just say your child and not someone elses, the cops would also be blamed--tough situation.

I guess my first impression would be that the man was drunk or on drugs, armed and dangerous (no way around it--he was shooting his gun). If there were people around then I think I would have shot him and keep shooting until he was no longer a threat. Then I would have to live with it the rest of my live.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This story reminds me of that video of a california (I think california cop) cop shooting point blank into a car that was trying to get away. The car was stopped and avoided hitting the cop as it pulled away but the cop stepped in front of the vehicle to shoot into it. The cop emptied his gun into the windsheild trying to hit the driver who was clearly avoiding the officer. Thats excessive force by cop.

But cops see it one way. there way. And people die by there highly trained delusional threat assessment interpretration of citizen confrontation.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I feel really bad for thias man and his family, but I can't see this as the cops' faults. It is a tragedy. A man stumbling around with a loaded weapon could be someone hyped up on pcp or crack or just drunk out of thier mind. The police were unaware of the man's medical problems. Yeah some sugary juice can fix it, but do you think police carry that around and say "hey dude drink this" to unstable gunmen? I occasionally have dangerous hypoglycemic attacks and I have to say I am not in my right mind at the time. I could see where someone would mistake me for a crazed drunk or junky in that condition.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
First time I ever heard of firing a hunters distress signal on what sounds like a populated street. Witnesses were watching and called the police.

A simple cry for help would have likely sufficed.

Diabetics can get really messed up, if he was that vulnerable he should not have been carrying a gun. Being diabetic does not make you Mother Theresa. He may have been as much a threat as any other form of deranged gun toter.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Konklar

agree! As some one who has dealt repeatedly with hypoglycemics for the the past 38 years, I can say, behond a shadow of a doubt, that there is NO WAY to no what someone in that condition will do. It is sad that this man was needlessly killed, but I cannot blame the police. Their lives are on the line every day. They acted responsibliy.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
They would have shot him if he was using a cell phone and not a gun.

When the police show up, people die. They don't profile, so the killing is indiscriminate.

That's the way it is nowadays.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
They would have shot him if he was using a cell phone and not a gun.

When the police show up, people die. They don't profile, so the killing is indiscriminate.

That's the way it is nowadays.

He wan't, they didn't.
Sometimes, I just get this irrational urge to deal with reality! Go figure.

But I can see how it's much better sport to judge peoples actions based on a freeform delusion of what they might have done under other circumstances. It makes the world such a friendlier place for all of us to live in!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join