It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the media has launched an anti-Mccain offensive...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's so funny how almost everything bad said about mccain is sound, and not at all blown out of proportion. i haven't heard anyone spin mccains name, say that he's a terrorist, or that he's the anticrist. No, mccain can shake hands without "secret terrosrist hand bump signal" being broadcasted on fox news, he can also acuse a man of flip-flopping and all the while he can deny that he said something, while it's being played infront of him. you can loosely put together a few names to say that obama is DEEPLY involved in the bilderburgers'. but you can DENY that mccain wont keep the country going down the hole when he won't admit that rich people and tax avoiding companies should pay more taxes while the average citizen is stuck with the bill already, do us poor people have a say in anything that OUR TAXES go to anymore huh?. Mccain keeps talking about how obama doesn't care whether we win the war in iraq or not; just to get the attention of gullable simple folk that wont open there eyes, it doesn't matter if we win or loose if we didn't have a reason to be there in the first place. Who can't see it? really?

I really don't like either one of them, but guess what, this is our future we have in our hands as we speak, so please lets stop paying attention to things that really don't apply to the presidential race. So what, a reporter said something bad (true??) about someone, maybe he realizes that it's time to stop playing around and call it how he see's it. just because you know it's not true doesn't mean it isn't. So please, turn off fox,cnn,cnbc, take a break from ats to find the factual information on what they will be doing if in office, take that thing called the human brain and analyze obama and mccain equally, don't even think age, or color, height, wieght, eye color, blah blah yadaa daa, just think of america and our future. and then, no matter who you vote for after that you can say you did your job as a citizen.

p.s. (i'm not anonymous, my handle is, declassified, just jumped online real quick and didn't log in.sorry for the grammer also,:lol

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
All I have to say, and I'll have to state that I am conservative in my views though I prefer not to be called a Republican, is that they both suck and McCain and Obama have both stumbled while walking along the road to becoming POTUS. McCain does not have our best interest's at heart and neither does Obama. They pretend to and they get caught in their lies.

And when it comes to the media. Why even go there? All media outlets are biased, it can't be argued with, and we all waste our time arguing the limits of wealthy and powerful businessmen. As far as I'm concerned, Jack Cafferty has his fact's straight and knows McCain is a crook. Hopefully he knows Obama is too, and if he doesn't then he has more facts to uncover. But as I see it, just because he is right about one doesn't always mean he is for the other.

Kick out the politicians, kick out the people running the media, etc. etc.

It would be a nice start I suppose.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This whole thread is hilarious. What is the strategy? To pretend that the media has such a far bias in one direction that people won't see how far the bias really is in the other direction?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias."

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

No, the strategy is basically the same it has been for the last 6 months. To make McCain look evil and bad, always reinforcing criticisms of him, while down playing or covering up anything negative about Obama.

Its pure, unadulterated propaganda. How about a few more examples from last night?

Olberman didn't even try to look objective when talking about Michelle Obama's speech:

OLBERMANN: That could not have done better for them. That could not have done better for them. Right to the point of the little girls taking the mikes away and suddenly turning out to be hams. It's wonderful. It really was terrific. And notice, did you notice throughout that, especially as it built towards its conclusion, the woman in that convention hall--the ones we saw at least--we can't say every one--but there were tears throughout among the women. And it was not a maudlin speech, it was not a salesmanship speech. There was just a -- I know, I'm beginning to sound borderline sycophantic on this. So I'll stop. You start.

The media did lots of this last night to cover/campaign for Obama. There are not at all critical and choose to convince the public that everything the Obama's do is epic.

HOWARD FINEMAN (CNN): I think Michelle Obama dug herself, beautifully and completely, out of the hole she put herself in, with the people paying attention, when she said her husband's success was the first time she was proud of her country. I think a lot of the speech that she gave, and it was a beautifully controlled speech here, Chris, in the hall, you could hear a pin drop. It was beautifully done because she didn't overdo it. She was classy all the way, she was humble. She told the story of her family in the way that left no doubt, in the minds of the people who watched and listened, that her story was indeed the story of the American dream. But it was a speech, in part, made necessary by some of the controversy that she generated earlier on with some of her comments. She overcame them beautifully.

Again, throwing away any sense of objectivity in place of lemming like fawning of the candidate's wife. Can you imagine any sort of reaction like this to anything McCain or his wife does? Hell no, the media's plan is to constantly smear them.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Another glaring example:

Yet another example:

Audio: newsbusters.org...

From the show taped on Friday at Washington, DC's CBS affiliate and airing at various times over the weekend around the nation, mostly on PBS stations:

ELEANOR CLIFT: This is not a serious choice. It makes it look like a made for TV movie. If the media reaction is anything, it's been literally laughter in many places across news-

JOHN McLAUGHLIN, TALKING OVER CLIFT: Where is that? See that?

CLIFT: In very, very many newsrooms.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Looks like the media can be shown to be for Obama and against McCain. Recent analysis indicates a lot of coverage of McCain falling in polls, not much in positive news.
elections.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join