It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the media has launched an anti-Mccain offensive...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
First off, we have the objective Jack Cafeerty, who last night felt the need to blast McCain. In fact, that's the only person he ever blasts. If you can find evidence that hes gone after Obama like this, I'd like to see it.

caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...

“It occurs to me that John McCain is as intellectually shallow as our current President,” Bush goes bumbling along, grinning and spewing moronic one-liners, as though nobody understands what a colossal failure he has been,” Cafferty fretted before concluding: “I fear to the depth of my being that John McCain is just like him.”

McCain's “shallow, simplistic and trite” answers during Saturday's Saddleback forum in which “he showed the same intellectual curiosity that George Bush has -- virtually none.”

What does bush have to do with this? Its a perfect example of the kind of propaganda the US media has turned in to for Obama. Its all Obama defense, all the time! Can you imagine what it would be like if Obama had done well? You sure as hell wouldn't see all the media pundits attacking him! Not to mention the media completely ignoring Obama's being caught in that lie about his stance on Abortion.

On CBS last night, Dan Reynolds reported to us about the Evil Republicans and our mustache twirling plan to paint Obama as unpatriotic.

newsbusters.org...

“Obama is pivoting toward a more combative style, rebuking the Republicans for habitually turning differences over policy into questions about patriotism, a habit he said John McCain has readily embraced.”

Again, more posturing and attacks put out by the media, for Barack Obama.

I find it interesting that Democrats can label us Racists, homophobes, xenophobes and everything else, but question a democrats patriotism and you've done something unforgivable! What about Democrats constantly implying that we want to stay in Iraq to die, or other similarly retarded ideas? Isn't that the same as suggesting we aren't patriotic? Oh, I forgot, its ok when democrats do it!

Here we go again, Chris Mathews suggesting that going after Obama on his experience is "writing out permission slips to be racist".

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Let me ask you this. Isn't he [McCain] handing out permission slips to vote against Barack? "Inexperience" is my favorite. Because you could have all kinds of problems with Barack Obama: ethnically, politically, culturally, class—

I don't know what the adjective is for class, but "classily." And you can have every problem in the world with Mrs. Obama. But you could hide it all under, not hide it all, you could present it all under one word: "you know, I've got nothing against him. He's a bright young man with a quality education, interesting new ideas. But he's not quite ready yet." And that's a fair critique which covers all your reasons for opposing him.

Thats right, according to MSNBC, if you think Obama is too inexperienced, than you're just hiding your dirty white racism. Not only are they trying to inoculate their candidate from criticisms, but they are labeling whole swaths of a population racist. Its disgusting.

Here an ABC interviewer actually suggest McCain has no character. Is this what is called "Objective journalism", or is it outright campaigning for Obama?

newsbusters.org...

Warren: No, and the reason why is -- I think they're smart enough on their own. I don't think anybody needs anybody else telling them who to vote for.

ABC's McFadden: So if somebody comes to you and says, you know what, forget character, I'm going to vote for the guy who is opposed to abortion, would you say they need to go back and think a little harder?

Just a few examples of this past week's media onslaught for Obama. There was surely much more, but these are a few of the obvious examples of our US media forgetting the truth and instead campaigning for Obama.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well i think Obama is an idiot,so is Mccain...they both dont have an ounce of the talent it takes to become the president of such a vast country.I like unbias media that gives you the speeches,quotes etc i dont like it when its one vs the other.But this is the MSM we are talking about...im sure there are certain media channels that support mccain and vice versa.Have you not maybe pondered that this is happening because obama is supposed to win? just a thought...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
They themselves have said that they focus more on Obama than McCain. Shouldn't but they do.

I also feel that it is because he is popular like the latest fad.

Another reason is because the news is becoming more of a personality thing than a news thing. Seems like all of these news stations are starting to let their reporters inject personal opinions and comments with the news they are reporting. A lot of times the comments stick out more than the news. Guess the news is trying to be hip in an effort to attract more viewers.

Another one you might want to look into is what kind of viewers they desire to attract. Maybe they feel that by putting Obama in a positive light they will get more black viewers.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
the media is witnessing the downfall and burnout of their wonderchild, they see his failure as their failure so they are pulling out all the stops and trying to salvage Obamas dropping numbers.
they are no longer pretending toi be unbiased and embarrassingly propping up obama by attaking mccain.

just so matthews can continue to feel that tingle up his leg.

[edit on 20-8-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Well it's really quite simple. The majority of the media is rooting for Obama simply for the "historic" properties of having the first black President elected while "they" were covering it. In a way, I think a lot of these guys just want to be able to pat themselves on the back and say, "I made this happen."

Journalism is dead as far as I'm concerned. Being able to research online for yourself and find the truth has eliminated our need for talking heads to spew the "news" for us. Media today is nothing more than a propaganda mill churning out the flavors of the day.

This isn't, or shouldn't be surprising to anyone. The MSM has been in the tank for Obama for a long time now. I'm hoping his crushing defeat in November will put an end to News as we know it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Fathom

I'm hoping his crushing defeat in November will put an end to News as we know it.

I am with you on this one, I think their credibility is so shot as it is they won't be able to rebound if Obama loses. Let's hope even their liberal followers will feel like they can't trust them anymore after this embarrassing campaign coverage they are doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

I am with you on this one, I think their credibility is so shot as it is they won't be able to rebound if Obama loses.

There is a new Pew media study out that shows media credibility has plummeted.

people-press.org...

There has been little change in public perceptions of the credibility of most major news organizations between 2006 and 2008. Over the last 10 years, however, virtually every news organization or program has seen its credibility marks decline.

In 1998, for example, 42% of those who could rate CNN gave it the highest rating for credibility (four on a scale from one to four). That fell to 28% in 2006, and remains low in the current survey (30%). Credibility ratings for several other television news organizations - including the three major broadcast news outlets - also have declined since 1998. Comparable percentages say they can believe all or most of what NBC News (24%), ABC News (24%) and CBS News (22%) report (based on those who can rate those organizations).

Credibility ratings for the Fox News Channel have remained largely stable in recent years. Currently, 23% say they can believe all or most of what they hear from Fox, down slightly from 2006 and 2004 (25%).

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Ya know, im never one to support MSM. I think they're all idiots and not to be trusted.

But if i may draw a line for a second.

When talking about biases in the media - sometimes the "fairness doctrine" is brought up as a possible means of resolution.

And guess who is in opposition of it every time?

And guess what their argument is, every time?

"Liberals just want the fairness doctrine so people will stop talking bad about their candidates"

I think you can see the striking similarities.

If you allow them to - the MSM will get into your mind and change the way you think.

Who gives a damn what MSM chooses to run stories on?
Its always unadulterated bull scrap anyways.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually, the argument I usually hear against the fairness doctrine is...

"It's an unconstitutional piece of garbage"

But that's just me I guess.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
My reaction to the topic of this thread was: it's about time!

I think the Cafferty's piece on CNN was brilliant. McCain spits out one-line answers to complex questions, which probably sits well with simpletons, but you can't govern the US and lead the reast of the free world from a book of soundbites.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
but you can't govern the US and lead the reast of the free world from a book of soundbites.

Maybe somebody should let Obama know then!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow, I notice that no one brings up Fox News when discussing media bias. I watch Fox News daily and the last two nights they aired hour long character specials on both candidates. They trashed Obama and let McCain off the hook! And I will be the first to admit that MSNBC is in the tank for Obama but Fox is always left out of these media discussions. I don't buy that there is a "coordinated offensive against any of the candidates by all the networks in collusion, I can pick and choose whatever I want to present any case that I choose from soundbites and quotes too! Newscorps serve their owners or they go with what they feel will improve ratings. MSNBC has found a niche by countering what Fox does. Its all about making money, news has turned into commentary and its easy nowadays to make the case for whatever you want. With respect, I don't buy a coordinated attack.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

but you can't govern the US and lead the reast of the free world from a book of soundbites.

Maybe somebody should let Obama know then!

Nice try but... Obama gets blame for offering complex answers to complex questions. His ability to THINK is a liability in the eyes of those who'd rather not.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

My reaction to the topic of this thread was: it's about time!

I think the Cafferty's piece on CNN was brilliant. McCain spits out one-line answers to complex questions, which probably sits well with simpletons, but you can't govern the US and lead the reast of the free world from a book of soundbites.

That's funny, because lots of Americans would describe Obama that way. Unfortunately, we have a media totally dominated by Jack Caferties and we get opinion propaganda instead of news.

You don't seem to understand that when everyone in the media is working towards a common goal (election of Obama), that what we essentially have is propaganda. As it currently stands, we get ultra critical critiques of McCain and totally diluted and spun critiques of Obama. Thats not fair to the American people and in a way it subverts our free elections.

I also find it interesting that all the same people who defend this type of "journalism", also rail against Fox News whenever possible. It just goes to show that its not about honesty of truth to them, its about partisanship and power.

reply to post by Multiple Junkie

Wow, I notice that no one brings up Fox News when discussing media bias. I watch Fox News daily and the last two nights they aired hour long character specials on both candidates. They trashed Obama and let McCain off the hook!

Yes, but you see fox is one channel. The democrats have every other network. How can you see the bias in Fox, yet not admit that ALL other media outlets are in the tank for Obama? Its as if Obama doesn't need to go negative, because he has an entire media out there doing it for him!

At least at Fox, you get another point of view.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
You think its bad now? Just wait until the weeks immediately leading up to the election! If in the event that Obama does win we will see huge Obama posters and statues all over the place, kinda like in the USSR or Saddam's Iraq with the self glorification of Stalin and Saddam (who idolized Stalin) and of course the media will portray President Obama as a living Saint.

My grandfather is 83 years old and he says that in his entire life he has never seen this level of media obsession and gaganess with one particular candidate.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hahaha!

They did a study, and the MAJORITY of Obama coverage in ALL MEDIA is negative while the MAJORITY of McCain coverage was positive.

Why? The people who did the study theory was that the media didn't want to look bias towards Obama so attacked him more than McCain.

So, epic fail on you Neocons. The Media attacks Obama more.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Yes, but you see fox is one channel. The democrats have every other network. How can you see the bias in Fox, yet not admit that ALL other media outlets are in the tank for Obama? Its as if Obama doesn't need to go negative, because he has an entire media out there doing it for him!

I find it very hard to believe that ALL other media is in the tank for Obama and supplying a few selected quotes does not make a case. I am not defending Obama nor any network but you need some better evidence to make your case which to me seems like veiled Obama baiting because some Obama defenders will respond due to feeling like they have been slighted. I agree that media is manipulated but to claim that they are in the tank for Obama by cherrypicking soundbites and quotes to make a case holds no water. Anyone could do the same and spin it how they like it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Unfortunately, we have a media totally dominated by Jack Caferties and we get opinion propaganda instead of news.

First off, Cafferty comes across as a very intelligent person, and I consider it fortunate that he has a say. Second, what news? Candidate's speeches from a tree stump aren't news. They are already propaganda, if you will.

Cafferty outlined the ruinous effects of Bush's presidency and voiced his suspicion that McCain will be more of the same. I'm not sure if this is news to you.

You don't seem to understand that when everyone in the media is working towards a common goal (election of Obama)

Well FOX boasts a wide audience (if not the biggest) and gives a free ride to neocons of all sorts and shapes all the time.

The fact that there is a lot of pro-Obama publications means that people are totally FED UP with Bush and whatever mutated clone of his runs for presidency. Obama may not be the best choice, but sure a few thinking people have figured out who's the worst.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krieger
Hahaha!

They did a study, and the MAJORITY of Obama coverage in ALL MEDIA is negative while the MAJORITY of McCain coverage was positive.

Why? The people who did the study theory was that the media didn't want to look bias towards Obama so attacked him more than McCain.

So, epic fail on you Neocons. The Media attacks Obama more.

Why don't you post that study? Because the one I know about shows exactly the opposite.

www.journalism.org...

I am not defending Obama nor any network but you need some better evidence to make your case

I cant chronicle every instance of the media actively campaigning for Obama. However, its pretty much a constant, so you can just turn on the news and see for yourself.

I will continue posting examples in this thread though. I beleive the media has launched this new offensive in response to Obama's poor performance in the debate.

The fact that there is a lot of pro-Obama publications means that people are totally FED UP with Bush and whatever mutated clone of his runs for presidency

No, it just means there are a lot of democrats in the media and in control of it. You guys made the same mistake in 2004, assuming EVERYONE agrees with you.

Tell me, when was the last time you heard a reporter on any network other than fox, call Obama stupid, unintelligent, lacking character, ect..?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Read em and weep.

Network broadcasters´ once-positive view of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is turning increasingly tougher.

www.washingtontimes.com...

And another link proving all your rabid Neocon BS to be just that, BS

www.cmpa.com...

Sorry, most Obama coverage is negative, most McCain coverage is positive. Not that it matters to you since Obama is half black and not owned by oil companies so God Himself could come down and endorse Obama and you'd run to Satan for help.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join